“Chef Ponte is the Best!” 5 of 5 stars

727-538-5768
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Ponte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 615 Restaurants in Clearwater
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 58th St.
Tampaa
“Chef Ponte is the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Chef Chris Ponte and the entire staff at Cafe Ponte in Clearwater are absolutely the best in the business. There are very few places where a fine meal, wonderful atmosphere, and incredible service are virtually a certainty, but that's the case at Cafe Ponte. My wife and I are never disappointed. Treat yourself and visit Cafe Ponte for an unforgettable evening!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Always top notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Cafe Ponte has never disappointed. Highly recommended. Two of us had the 6 course tasting menu with wine parings. Every course was delicious; full of flavor and beautifully plated. Service is always first rate; served by a knowledgable wait staff

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“A real dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went to Cafe Ponte by myself while on business. I sat at the bar to be a little more casual, although the overall environment seemed pretty laidback for a nicer restaurant. The only reason I docked points on this rating was because I felt like I was ignored for awhile at the bar, while older, wealthier-looking patrons were the center of attention (I waited maybe 15 minutes to get a menu - I considered getting up to get one myself). That being said, I do feel the bartender realized her oversight and was super polite and gracious for the rest of the evening.

Now.... the food... I started with an amuse bouche (which thrilled me in concept alone as I feel it is relatively rare for a restaurant of this scale) of creamy mushroom soup... mmmm :). A waiter came to me with a wide assortment of breads, all of which looked amazing. I chose a slice of parmesan onion foccacia that was so fresh and wonderful, but I had to stop at the one piece in anticipation of the rest. My favorite part of the meal was the appetizer I ordered, which was white asparagus, breaded, topped with an egg and on a bed of bacon. It was one of the better dishes I have ever ordered anywhere - I highly recommend this (it looked like they offered it as a side as well). My entree was the salmon, on top of a potato bacon salad. There was a citrus foam that had to grow on me, but it did. I asked not to see a dessert menu as I felt I would feel compelled to order... but I am sure it was amazing.

This is definitely a special occasion place in that it is an experience - but is affordable and casual enough to visit just because it's a Wednesday also. But... I think they should stock the bar with an extra bartender!

Sarasota, Florida
“A Hidden gem in clearwater”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Cafe Ponte is located in a small mall on Ulmerton Rd. It might be easy to drive by, but hopefully a diner who is looking for an excellent evening, will seek it out.

We dined there on a Saturday night in early June along with our daughter who lives in the area. The restaurant was full with a wonderful ambiance. There is an excellent pianist in the bar who played just loud enough to be enjoyed by the diners in the dining room. The ambiance is wonderful . We were shown to a large comfortable booth where we could see other diners as well as the cook staff.

We ordered 3 appitizers....asparagus, fois gras, and tenderloin carpaccio along with two entrees...tenderloin of beef and another steak dish. The combinations of sauces, and other interesting fresh ingrediants provided a wonderful taste experience. Each bite was delightful.
The wine list was very good and offered a variety of fine choices at all price points.
As this was a special night ( our 45th anniversary) the management brought a complimentary dessert...flourless chocolate cake toped with a meringue biscuit. Although it was small, each bite
was so delicious that we did not require more than a couple of bites each !! In addition, the waiter brought a trio of small bite sized desserts to round off the meal.
This was truely a memorable evening and one that we will repeat again !

Waverly, Ohio
“shopping mall treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stopped in for lunch while on business in St. Pete area and luckily found this spot. It was packed at lunch time - good sign! There were unique specials and soups. The atmosphere was energized. We ate inside but there was a cute little outdoor space, also. There were plenty of options - something for everyone.

Visited May 2013