“Good Food, Careful of the Restroom” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Evensville, Tennessee, United States
“Good Food, Careful of the Restroom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Co-worker and I both had the Southern Stuffed Shrimp which was delicious. Peach Cobbler was tasty, also but the bathrooms need some serious love. Agree with other reviewers that it is loud at times but never unbearable.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Holtsville, New York
“Tasty seafood but a lot of work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went here after the beach with a large party, including college friends of my friend's son. Food is good but pricey. Not a lot of meat in crabs. Waitress spilled a glass of water and a glass of sweet tea on me, so we got a free appetizer.

Visited March 2013
“Great crab but don't expect either fine dining or good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I love crab so I have to give the food a thumbs up. My wife had salmon which was dry. She should have ordered the crab. Lot's of crab selection so I would go back for the crab. However, the teenage staff needs better training on how to greet and serve guests. When we walked in the music was blasting so loud I couldn't converse with the hostess. When I asked if we could sit somewhere quieter, we were told "This is Joe's, it's supposed to be loud". When I complained some more, they did turn it down a bit more. When seated, we noticed there was trash under our table from previous diners (crab shells and other garbage). When we pointed this out to the hostess and the server, we were asked "Would you like me to clean that up?" I just looked at her and replied "No, I enjoy eating with my feet on top of trash!" You must be kidding me. Who is training these 17 year olds??? I don't mean to sound like an old geezer but they could also skip the staff line dancing and just serve your customers.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“delicious seafood in the relaxed atmosphere of the bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

in a relaxed atmosphere of the coast find a variety of delicious crab pots with combinations including clams, mussels, lobster, scallops and corn. very good price and also have variety in the children's menu, excellent!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
nyc
“Change the "b" to a "p" in "Crab" for More Accuracy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Professor is usually a generous reviewer and laid-back kind of guy who lets a few things slide by without repercussion. But Joe's Crab Shack in Clearwater cannot escape unscathed since the only thing it got right is a metal bucket in the center of one's table to throw in seafood detritus. Or in this case, pretty much everything that was served--very convenient. If you like greasy and lackluster food--at oddly high prices to boot--please visit this establishment. A big yuck! I suspect you would eat like a king in comparison--for half-price--at the Perkins restaurant a few doors down. A half-point goes to the oddly low-priced--and decent--house wine and a half-point goes to the hard-working waitstaff.

• Visited March 2013