“Best Sushi around” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
“Best Sushi around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I moved down in 97 and for 2yrs tried to find a good sushi bar. Once I found Charlies Place, Kaiko's, I have not been any where else when I'm home. The fish is ALWAYS FRESH & when you walk in your greeted with a big hello from Charlie. He remembers everyones name, & you get treated like you r the only one in the plance even whenthere r 30-40 others there. If you go there often you get your own pair of real chop sticks they r keep in a small cubby hole till the next time you come in.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Clearwater, Florida
“Comfort Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

When I am returning home from out of town travel and in need of a relaxing meal I generally think of Kaiko. I try to get here at least once a month and it never ceases to amaze me that Charlie nor only remembers my name but the specific Sushi items I usually order!! I have been hooked on his Scott Roll and occassionally have him make up a special roll for me. No request is turned down. Once I wanted something with Octopus so he created a roll for me.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami
“Sushi Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

As a rule I DO NOT LIKE SUSHI! While visiting our new grandduaghter in Clearwater,Fl we were convinced to eat sushi by family members. This was the first time EVER I enjoyed sushi and tried everything that came to the table.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Safety Harbot
“My sushi hangout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Charlie has delivered great sushi for years in this Clearwater/Safety Harbor location. Their new expanded restaurant in the same strip mall offers more room and a bar that is very attentive. They have a great selection and extensive specials. Tis is "go-to" place whenever we have guests who want sushi.

Riverview, Florida
“Sadly, appears in decline”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This has been a regular visit for business lunches for some time. The past two visits have been disappointing. Fish has not been fresh, and there is simply no excuse for this to happen in this part of the world. On this Monday's visit, no soap in men's bathroom, no hand towels, and urinals had not been cleaned it appeared in some time. How are chefs washing their hands? I made it known to the chef and waitstaff, but was shrugged off. Bad fish + poor cleanliness = no return visit.

• Visited September 2012