“Fun 1/2 day of fishing” 4 of 5 stars

Toronto, Canada
43 attraction reviews
“Fun 1/2 day of fishing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is the second time we have gone fishing with Double Eagle. Once again we had a great experience. The 1/2 day trip is a total of 4 hours. 1 hour ride to the fishing spot, 2 hours fishing and 1 hour return trip.

I'm not sure how many the boat will hold but this time we only had about 30 people onboard. That was nice as there was plenty of room for moving around if you so chose.

There is plenty of parking at the boat dock which is metered. They will provide you with a pass for an additional $2.00 which will cover you until 1 hour past your boat return.

If you do not have your own fishing rod, the cost is $5.00 to use one of theirs which includes bait. In total with the rides, rods and parking was $116.00 for the two of us.

If you have those in your party that do not wish to fish, they have an upper area where they could soak up the sunshine for those two hours of fishing. The boat ride out also provides a beautiful view of Clearwater.

There is also drinks and snacks for purchase. We didn't buy anything this time but recall from last time the price was quite reasonable. You can bring your own on the boat with you. There are facilities but remember this is a fishing boat so don't expect anything fancy.

Our deck hands Joe and Bob were very helpful. They will help with baiting the rod, removing the caught fish and offer advise if you are a novice fisherman.

Our group ended up catching snapper that were big enough to keep. We had a few grouper but shy of the required size. A few others on the boat did keep some grouper.

Once back at the dock, for 25 cents per fish ($1.00 per grouper) they will filet the fish and put in a plastic bag to take home. It does take a fairly long time for them to go through this process if a lot of fish have been caught. It was about a 40 minute wait for us to get our fish. We didn't mind though, it was a beautiful day and it's always fun to watch the pelicans.

Visited October 2013

Chesterfield, VA
8 attraction reviews
“Great family experience!! Worth a half day or more!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My son, father and family friend went out on the DE III for a half day fishing on 8/18 and had a great time as always. I have been going on their charters for the last 30 years and now sharing that experience with my son and it is as good as I remember it.

The weather always plays into it and it was a great day. Very few on the boat which made it very nice. We had very good luck landing many grunts (20 or so) and 2/3 small groupers. My 11 year old and his friend had a great time and a half day is perfect time for their age. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Tip: buy some shrimp for bait at the Bait House at the end of the pier r\to increase your luck.

Visited August 2013
14 attraction reviews
“Had a great day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I was a little nervous after seeing some negative reviews but we were happy with our experience. We did the full day trip and came home with plenty of fish including three grouper and many grunts. The first mate was very helpful which was nice since I had two small children with me. We will go again.

Visited July 2013
“Nice time getting sun BUT WAY too smokey!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Fishing was bad ( not the fault of the Staff, they were wonderful) way too many smokers. If this was non smoking or if the boat had a smoking area, this would have been great. C+

Visited June 2013
Prosper, Texas
“We didn't actually get on the boat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The weather was so bad due to Storm Andrea so we were unable to go on the boat. We wanted to write a review because of the staff. We called to ask what the weather would be like the day after the storm to take a 7 and a 9 year old on the boat....they said it would be too rough and wouldn't recommend it. For that reason, my husband and I wanted to let you know how honest these folks are. They could have easily just lied and said "no problem" and then we would have really PAID for it! Wish we could have gone...I really wanted my boys to experience fishing in Florida as I did as a kid. Maybe next time.

Visited June 2013