“Well worth searching out...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 591 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are a small family own and operated Bistro. All our cooking is done at order using fresh ingredients. We carry a nice selection of meat, seafood and fresh pasta dish. We also serve savory or sweet crepes.We offer a very nice selection of imported Paulaner beer and a large variety of wine by the glass or bottle.Our Bistro is small so please make a reservation.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Well worth searching out...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The duck breast in glazed orange sauce was terrific...as was the lobster bisque and dessert crepes. Finding unique people and places like this actually makes business travel enjoyable.

• Visited August 2014

Thomasville, Georgia
“Unpretentious, but so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

A very small restaurant with the most enthusiastic chef who explodes into the dining room with wit and charm at the end of the evening. Crepes to die for. Sauces excellently prepared. Everything we had was wonderful and very reminiscent of good European food. We went first about a year ago, and this year it was the first restaurant mentioned by our circle of family and friends. A must do experience.

• Visited July 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Definitely worth a try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We just moved to Clearwater from St. Louis, Missouri. There was a place where I used to work that had the most amazing crepes. These crepes are much better than those!

In Paris it is very easy to get a crepe off the street - that is very common - that is part of my heritage. My maiden name is French - growing up my dad used to make all sorts of crepes - from cream of mushroom/chicken to chocolate with strawberry. Growing up in America it is uncommon to have crepes at the dinner table - for me they bring back so many memories. I am so happy to have found a place in Clearwater that has crepes! I will keep coming back for sure! Thank you for bringing back memories of home!

• Visited August 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

With the reviews our expectations for dinner here were high. The menu is heavy on cream sauces, as one would expect at a French restaurant. There are however some " lighter" Italian dishes with Provençal sauces. The Caprese salad was surprisingly good considering Florida tomatoes are so bad. There was lots of olive oil and herb dressing which made dipping baguette wonderful. My wife's Shrimp and pasta and Provencale sauce was very good and shrimps quite large.
I ordered the Wild Salmon special which was advertised as served with lemon dill sauce, escalloped potatoes and green beans

The server asked how I would like the salmon served and I said medium-rare. It came well done with a heavy cream sauce. The beans were over-cooked and everything way too salty.

Prices are high for this area and food preparation and execution should be more consistent. In sum-not impressed and I won't be back.

Visited July 2014
jclinusa, Owner at Salt N Pepper Bistro, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I would like to start by saying that Provençale is not an Italian dish but a French one; Provence is a region in the south of France. Also thank you for the compliments on your wife’s dishes and the appetizer.
Concerning your meal, it was clearly stated on the board that the salmon was topped with a lemon CREAM dill sauce. Now when you where served you did not complain about it, which you should have mentioned if you did not want a cream sauce. However you chose to eat your dish and when you where asked about it you again did not mention any of the complaints in your review. If it was not to your liking (everyone has different tastes and the majority of our customers don’t complain about how much seasoning we use) you should have simply stated that the dish was too salty for you, and we would have gladly cooked you another meal using little to no salt.
We are genuinely concerned about our customers and try our hardest to please everyone and try to give you the best dining experience we can. This is difficult if you refuse to say anything.
It looks like your wife was very pleased as she thanked and complimented my wife on her way out saying that everything was perfect and she will be back.
I must inform you that the dishes are not geographically priced but in accordance to the quality of the ingredients we use and the quantities served. All of our dishes are prepared from scratch to order.
You also mention consistency, which I don’t understand how you can judge as this was your first visit.
“Bad human communication leaves us less room to grow.” - Rowan Williams
O'Fallon, IL, United States
“Most Delicious Birthday Dinner, Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My family & I ended our Clearwater Vacation (also my Birthday dinner), with the best dinner we had while in Florida, at the Salt N Pepper Bistro! We had read such amazing reviews about this place, we had to try it for ourselves...and we were NOT disappointed. A cozy French Bistro, with fantastic dishes that are made from fresh ingredients, and a Chef that cares about not only each meal he prepares, but the people eating them as well. The Chef came by to check on our family (at table 2) and cracked us up as he shared stories about how he & his family came to own & operate Salt N Pepper...what a great way to make your guests feel so welcome! I had the Crepe Chicken Supreme and it really was one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten! We had really hoped to have dessert (because I am sure they are fabulous) but we were so happy & full after our meal, that we decided that the next time we vacation in FL, we will make a special trip back here and save room for dessert!! Thanks to the Chef & his wife for a great ending to our vacation!

• Visited July 2014