“A definite repeat!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“A definite repeat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Yes, it is fairly new but I still have to recognize its cleanliness, friendly and professional service. Besides, the location is unbeatable - right next to Pier 60, the roundabout to the Causeway, and several marine activities - right in the smack middle of everything! Being able to watch the sunset from the bed in our room, made me feel I was in paradise. By the way, very good breakfast. KUDOS Pier 60 Marina! You will be on my sights for my next visit. Keep it up!
P.S: Did I mention the Bar up in the terrace? Another great spot for sunset watching!

Room Tip: For the best view choose the gulf side - no balcony though. Bay side is quieter but you have a balc...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its central location and price. Because there is a road between the hotel and the beach, the price was about $50 per night less than the Hilton, which is where we stayed last time. I will have to say that it was a great decision! This place is brand new and very modern. The rooms are spacious and beautiful. There is a microwave and mini fridge in each room, and free breakfast each morning. The wifi is free and easy to connect to. The housekeeping staff is super friendly, and TOP NOTCH! It felt like we were staying in a resort... Every day the beds were made, the room was immaculate, and my kids really enjoyed the little towel animals that they left. The breakfast staff was great as well. I have one complaint. Floors 1-3 are a parking garage. If you park in the garage (there really isn't anywhere else to park!) you have to pay $15 per day, which I personally think is pretty steep. They should just add that into the price of the room since it is almost a given that you will need to park there. That is truly my only complaint!

Room Tip: We did not get a room with a balcony, because they were sold out. Honestly, we didn't miss it at...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed there over Memorial day weekend. It's a relatively small hotel. Family friendly. Our room was very quiet even though the hotel was full, and it was on the same floor as the bar. Every thing is nice and new. I've never seen so many people constantly cleaning a hotel in my life. We had a bay side room for the balcony with a great view. The view from Jimmy's open air bar from the top is amazing, but if you want to see the sun set from a chair you better get there a bit early. Excellent value (check out the charges for the Hyatt next door). I did, however have two problems. The first very minor one is the $15 charge per night for parking. It just bothers me. Why not just include it in the room rate? No big deal. The biggest problem was a security issue. Since the first four floors of the hotel are a parking garage (with the lobby on the fifth), and yes there is an attendant walking around the garage when we were there, that attendant can be busy collecting parking fees, or on another level of the garage. Therefore the pool area and its restrooms can be pretty much open game to anyone who wants to just walk in. The other is on the fifth floor lobby where the breakfast room is. It can be accessed from the elevator inside the parking garage right off the street. It can sometimes get pretty busy up there for the one or two people at the front desk during the morning. One day I saw someone eating breakfast who it was pretty clear to me didn't belong there. Do note that to get into the hallways where the rooms are located DOES require a pass key. Minor complaints for an overall very nice property, that we will stay at again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel thought of everything. Great location, awesome views, clean, upscale decor, free breakfast, cool rooftop restaurant and a nice pool on the marina side. It seems like this hotel fixed any of the issues noted in earlier posting. I will recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Clean and nice, this hotel was a great place to stay on Clearwater Beach. We had an ocean view room on an upper floor, overlooking the beach and pier. Great location, easy to get to and plenty of parking. There was a $15 charge per day for parking but the garage is nice and plenty of room, with elevator right to your floor from each parking level. There is a great bar on the roof, with sunset viewing and entertainment. Staff was very friendly, room was spotless.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I couldn't believe what a great value this hotel was! It was well-kept and very clean. Our room was a great size and the hotel accomodated my request for a specific floor and gave us a corner room that had amazing views from our balcony. The staff was very helpful throughout the stay, as well.

The only two cons were that 1) the breakfast could be improved and 2) there were basically no drawers to store clothing in the room so expect to live out of your suitcase. However, neither of those were deal-breakers or diminished our stay at all.. would highly recommend to anyone I know visiting the area!! You will not regret it!

Huntington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Hotel was beautiful, staff was outstanding! Front desk staff always remembered us and were extremely friendly. Maintenance staff went above and beyond!!!!! The morning after we checked in we had a flat tire on our rental car, maintenance guy informed my wife of the flat and offered assistance. He then later helped change the tire!! This was by far above and beyond what we expected from the hotel staff. I wish I would have asked for the maintenance guys name so I could've provided front desk staff with the recognition he deserves. He was amazing to help out when he saw we had a need and went above and beyond his position to help us out with the expectation of nothing in return. We visit Clearwater beach yearly and this was by far the best hotel stay we have had! We have had stayed at the sand pearl and Hilton but will definitely be returning here! Every staff we encountered was amazing!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pier House 60 Marina Hotel? Share your experiences!