“Great clean hotel” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Coronado Drive, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #5 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
“Great clean hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel is very easy to find, staff are very nice and the hotel cleanliness was great. Booked at last minute and still got a very reasonable rate. Also the website states breakfast not included but on arrival we we informed of the free complimentary breakfast, which was just the job after lots of fun in the sun. Will defiantly stop there in the future.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Clearwater, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I have been to the roof-top bar jimmys a few times since they opened, and decided to stay at the hotel to check it out. Our rooom was very nice with a view of the intercoastal water and marina. We really enjoyed watching all the boats coming in and out! The room was SPOTLESS and very very nice. They also offer a free breakfast but we never went to that since dunkin donuts is close by. The hotel is within walking distance of everything you need on clearwater beach! pool is small, but there really just isnt any space for anything bigger...there is a charge for self parking, i think it was $15... this is reasonable since everyone on the beach has paid parking... this was no suprise. We will be back to stay again sometime soon!

Room Tip: stayed in room 614, can see roof and some ac units but still a great view of the marina from the bal...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here for two days in March with my cousin. The hotel is clean and comfy but I didn't really care for the ambience. Just cant put my finger on it ....maybe the color choice. It just seemed cold and way too business like.
The rooms were nice. High ceilings and up to date electronics. The bathroom was nice, but we only had a shower. It was cold when we were here so I was looking forward to a warm bath.
we had a view that overlooked Clearwater beach but it was surrounded by other high rise hotels. When the wind blew, (which was often) the windows shook and made a loud noise. Just too much concrete in Clearwater beach for my taste.
The pool was tiny for such a big hotel. I saw a couple northerners swimming in it...even with the wind and cold weather.
They had a breakfast buffet that was more on the line of a La Quinta. All packaged food. I did get coffee from there but the rest just didn't look appetizing. The vending machines were loaded incorrectly and water turned out to be gatorade. You have to turn it in at the front desk to get an exchange. you'd think they would've fixed it but it was never fixed while we were there.
All in all, it was an ok, hotel. I wouldn't stay there again but then again I don't think I would ever visit Clearwater beach again! There are many nicer places on the west coast of Florida.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Harrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great location, corner room overlooked the street, but could see beach and gulf across street. Very nice furnished, clean and complimentary breakfast, great deal. Price not bad for this prime location.

Room Tip: Great view of the area from the roof top bar
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The location is great, but so are most of the Hotels near Clearwater beach. Overall, the hotel was good and the staff was friendly. I'm sure many of the rooms have great views of the water, but our view of the inter-costal waterway was more of the rooftop next door. The pool could be larger and apparently you need to ask for maid service everday, otherwise they will not clean your room. My family stayed at the hotel for a week and unfortunately on the last day someone stole all the money from my son's wallet. After bringing this to the attention of the hotel management, they became very quiet. I was forced to contact the police to investigate. Becasue of this issue, we will never return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reading, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed 2 adults and 2 children in a 2 x double bed room overlooking the marina. The room was spotlessly clean, very spacious and was on the 9th floor.

The location is excellent if you want to walk to bars and restaurants and leave the car behind. It is right across the street from the beach and Pier 60.

On one of the nights we did hear a bit of thudding from the music in Jimmys bar above, but it didn't last long enough to really disturb us. My recommendation would be to have a room on floors 6-8 and overlooking the marina. Taking other reviews into account, this way you would avoid any traffic noise from the beach side and any noise from reception and Jimmys bar.

The breakfast is very basic, but there are plenty of places nearby if you want something more satisfying.

I didn't like the $15 per day charge to park our car under the hotel either. However, this is made clear on booking.

I would recommend this hotel if you were going to stay in Clearwater for a couple of nights and therefore don't need the expense or facilities of a big resort beach hotel. It's location is excellent and the rooms are large, clean and modern.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Edwardsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I booked this hotel based on our Tripadvisor reviews. I was not disappointed. Perfect location with easy access to the beach, restaurants and bars. The hotel seemed new or at least recently remodeled. Everything was clean and well appointed. Small microwave and refrigerator was in the room. I do agree with other reviewers that breakfast was the low point of the stay. I had booked two rooms on line and upon arrival found they only had a reservation for one room. The mistake was quickly corrected, they arranged for two adjoining rooms on the 10th floor overlooking the gulf. Our rooms did not have a balcony because they overlooked the gulf, but they were literally steps from Jimmy's Crow's nest rooftop bar which came in very handy a few of the nights. A $15 parking fee seemed reasonable compared to other lots in the area. I think my rate was $255 per night plus parking.

Room Tip: Stay on the 10th floor if you want to stumble back and forth to the bar. Gulf front rooms do not ha...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Pier House 60 Marina Hotel? Share your experiences!