“Wood Fire Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #188 of 592 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Delivery
Description: Authentic Italian Pizza & Cuisine! Cafe Milano invites you and your family to experience the best pizza in the Clearwater and Tampa Bay area! Cafe Milano Pizzeria follows the tried and true tradition of using only a brick oven to bake its pizza. Brick ovens intensify the flavor of properly cooked quality ingredients that are imported directly from Italy and combined for an authentic a€œOld Worlda€ dining experience. Cafe Milano has a charming European style ambiance complimented with an arrangement of authentic Italian cuisine. It provides a casual, warm, relaxed family atmosphere whose friendly and efficient staff will certainly add to your dining pleasure. The establishment boasts classic appetizers, magnificent salad creations, hearty homemade soups, delicious pasta selections, panini made with bread baked for your order, gnocchi, calzone and an array of 27 pizzas guaranteed to delight any palate. Beer or imported house wine is available to enhance your meal. Cafe Milano also proudly offers a wonderful selection of imported Italian desserts and pastries as well as their irresistible 100% artisan made gelato. Coffee, espresso or cappuccino, will further add to your Mediterranean getaway!
Ozona, Florida
“Wood Fire Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great pizza and a nice little place. They have ice cream good desserts, It's a little too bright in there tho.

Visited January 2013

Maple, Canada
“Not a good experience...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant once before and decided to try it again but it will be a long time before we try it a third time.

They must have been out of pizza dough because our pizza was made up of leftover dough slapped together.

We ordered 2 orders of "spaghetti al frutti de mare" and specially asked for NO mussels. Needless to say both orders came with mussels.

And be aware of the server asking if you would like more olives... your bill will include an $8.00 mystery charge for them. We disputed the charge and our bill was adjusted accordingly.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oldsmar, Florida
“Italian Style Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I've eaten at this wonderful little restaurant twice in the past two weeks and have completely enjoyed my meals and service each time. To be completely honest, a local/national internet coupon service was used for both visits so that always makes the meal enjoyable, as well.

The restaurant has 12 to 15 four-top tables and a small kitchen. Our group last night consisted of my girlfriend and myself plus two female friends from high school. We all ordered pizzas but I guess the pizza oven can only handle two at a time because we had to wait about 15 minutes after the first two orders came to the table before we all had our food.

That might be the only glitch I can find for this wonderful restaurant. Our server/hostess has been courteous and knowledgable each time I've been there and the food never disappoints.

Last night we ordered the Affettato Italiano appetizer which came with various Italian cold cuts and grilled vegetables. The black olives packed quite a spicy punch!

For our entree, two of the group ordered the Pizza Romana and the other two ordered one each of the Pizza Prociutto y Funghi and the Pizza Bianca. I finished mine but as my dining guests were not able to finish theirs, I have lunch too!

For dessert, the gelato is wonderfully creamy and flavorful! From the 10 various flavors, we choose a combination of the Nocciola and Strawberry and also an order of the Lemon. They were all delicious and a great way to end a great meal!

This restaurant is now on my Favorites list and I can whole-heartedly recommend it to friends and strangers!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, Florida, United States
“Good food, bad service, and more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went to Cafe Milano tonight, and although I have to say the restaurant is very quaint and nicely decorated, with pretty good food, the service and some of their 'sales techniques' are bad at best.

We were seated right after we entered, but then sat at our table for about 5 minutes before we were acknowledged, and there were only 2 other tables occupied. The waitress finally appeared, putting down the menus and asking what we wanted to drink. My wife ordered a water and I had an iced tea. We were not told about the daily specials or any other offers.

After 15 minutes, we finally got to order our food. My wife ordered the Calzone and I had the Pizza Tonno. 5 minutes later, the waitress came by and asked if we wanted some olives; we said yes, and were brought a plate of 4 (french fry size) pieces of bread and about 10 very small olives in brine (very salty).

Again the waitress stopped by and asked if I'd like more tea to which I agreed. 30 minutes after we placed the order, we finally got our dinner and it wasn't bad. They have a brick oven and you can tell by the dark (coal-like) marks the dough leaves on the plate. There was no problem with my Pizza, but my wife's Calzone was served without Marinara sauce. It was supposed to be Prosciutto and cheese, but the Prosciutto turned out to be deli style ham. Well, my wife ate half of it. Waitress came by again and asked if I'd like another tea and if the food was good. I said yes to another tea.

When we were done with the entree and asked what they offered for dessert, the waitress actually had to look at the board in the front of the restaurant and couldn't even pronounce or explain the different kinds of Gelato. We ordered some Tiramisu Gelato, which wasn't bad.

Again, waitress came by and asked if we wanted anything else; I told her we are ready for the check. She immediately removed my half full glass of tea and my wife's water. Then she brought the check. Our jaws dropped when we saw that we were charged for 3 iced teas at $1.50 each, after all, this is the South and one is used to free refills or at least a note in the menu stating that they do not offer free refills. Next item we noticed was 'Today's Special' at $5.95. So we called the waitress, asking about the refills and the special. She explained that they do not offer free refills ... ok, next time I know better. When confronted with the fact that she 'offered' the olives and did not mention they are not complimentary, she said that she was told to "just ask people if they want olives". We finally asked for the manager, and when he showed up we explained the situation to him, throwing in the ham issue for good measure. He started to explain that there is Prosciutto Cotto and Prosciutto di Parma, and that they serve the Cotto style which is nothing else than deli ham. OK, we can argue ham all night, so we let that one go. Asked about the refills, he said that they do not offer free refills, so I told him to put that in the menu. As for the olives, he ended up taking that off the bill.

Now, I am not one to whine and moan, just wanting to give anybody a fair heads up.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“authentic italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were in Rome last September and Café Milano brought back all the good memories. The staff made suggestions but the food is cooked to your specifications. Found the prices FAIR FOR THE QUALITY OF FOOD YOU WILL RECEIVE. The day we visited the owners wife was out sick so the cook was also our server. No problem. It just reminded us to just slow down and enjoy....just like they do in Italy.

• Visited March 2013