“The Ebb Tide, old time Florida in a pleasant hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Ebb Tide Waterfront Resort
621 Bay Esplanade, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #13 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“The Ebb Tide, old time Florida in a pleasant hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Let me just say that old Florida hotels that are quaint, clean and reasonable still exist in the Ebb Tide. It is literally a mom and pop shop run by a splendid couple form the UK, who care about your stay being as pleasant as can be. I will say if you are used to paying a high price (the new Hyatt on the beach was $600.00/night during spring break) don't stay here. You may not get granite counter tops or plasma TV but you will get a full apartment (bathroom, bedroom, sitting area, and full kitchen) for ~$1200.00 for the week, clean, rated superior small lodging, and very convenient. There are only 18 units that all face the intercostal, two blocks from the beach. We parked our car for the week and never moved it. Walked to beach, restaurants and entertainment. Did I mention quiet? If you are looking for party central this is not it. Many people who are retired come year after year for weeks at a time. But there are new faces each week, some with young children in tow. You can fish off their dock, lounge by the pool with a drink, or grill your dinner on the outdoor grill. Since there are not that many units you get to meet everyone who is staying there and able to make new friends. The place is very safe, one way in, locked at night, and only opened with the key provided. The only other way in is an assault by sea. We go back year after year because of the reasonable cost, quietness, convenience and security. Again it is not the Hyatt or Hilton, but if you are able to follow a few simple rules, and do not need granite counter tops then the Ebb Tide in Clearwater Beach is definitely the place to stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
EbbTideMotel, Owner at Ebb Tide Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and always look forward to seeing our guests again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from a two night stay before joining a cruise ship. We flew up from Miami to spend a glorious couple of days in our favourite place on Clearwater Beach. Graham and Maria welcomed us warmly, showing us to room 12 on the ground floor. The weather was warm and sunny which made a swim in the pool a delightful experience. This residence makes a wonderful base to walk into Clearwater Beach instead of the usual driving in the US. The beach is well worth a visit, beautiful views if the gulf an excellent walk into town. Pier 60 has a wonderful array of craft / gift stalls with various entertainers commencing about an hour before sunset, which is well worth a watch.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such positive feedback and we hope you had a great time on the cruise.
Wolverhmpton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

Just returned from a 4 week holiday at Ebb Tide. I travelled as a solo guest and felt safe at ebb tide. Ebb Tide is in a ideal position just off the main road, it is lovely and quiet with beautiful views over the intercostal waterway., 5 minute walk to the beach, 10 minute walk to Pier 60. Graham and Maria are very friendly and helpful with advice, graham took me to the local Publux on my first day to stock up on groceries, the trolley bus stops outside ebb tide which is useful for going to supermarket. I did not have a car to use but brought a bus pass for a month from the local CVS pharmacy, this enabled me to use both the trolley bus and also the main buses to travel around clearwater. From pier 60 in clearwater you can catch a bus and travel all the way down to St petes beach. I am a keen walker and in fact over the month I walked in sections the whole stretch of the beach from Caladesi Island to Pass-a-Grille. Also if you are travelling in to tampa airport there is a airport shuttle that you can pick up at tampa airport which will take you to the ebb tide the return journey cost approx £24. I hope to return to Ebb Tide.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor in the studio accommodation which was great for me, great views and very...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
We are so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed the area as well as our little waterfront resort and we hope to see you in the future.
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2015

Had a lovely 2 week stay at this lovely petite resort. We were awed by the views of the bay, pool and dock. This property fit us like a glove, the location is wonderful, on the trolley route, just down the street from the library, restaurants and convenience stores. Owners, Maria and Graham were very friendly and helpful in every way. Since it is a small lodging, we mingled with the other guests and found that almost all had visited previously. Unfortunately, we visited in February 2015 and experienced record cold temperatures, but that was the only negative thing about our vacation. We have already booked for February 2016 and are very anxious to return to a little piece of heaven in Clearwater Beach, Florida.

Room Tip: The views from all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Hopefully the weather will be much, much better next February. Thank you so much for the positive feedback we certainly appreciate it.
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

We come every year! The owners Maria and Graham are so welcoming and accommodating. We love the gorgeous views, the pool, and the large fishing dock. The beach is a quick 3-5 minute walk. Everything in the room is spotless! They truly deserve the Superior Small Lodging and White Glove awards. It would also be a great place to have a wedding. In fact, they were getting ready to set-up one as we were leaving. I would have loved to stay longer. We will definitely be back!

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
We are always pleased when our guests leave as friends having enjoyed a holiday at our little waterfront property. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Newbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015 via mobile

I have been to the Ebb Tide many times over the last 7 years. It is a very reasonably priced location which is run by Maria & Graham Coates who are extremely friendly and welcoming. The views, beach and local amenities are beyond belief and the weather is really reliable.
I have been on occasion with members of my family who were equally delighted with the accommodation, swimming pool and local shops and eateries.
I am already booked for March, can't wait. Love every minute I'm there......try it, you will love it too & I guarantee you won't just once!!

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for a lovely review and as always it's great to see our guests come back.
Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2015

I chose this motel based on trip advisor reports, what a mistake. I have travelled to many places, stayed in high end and low end motels, resorts etc. I was very disappointed with the room we were assigned. The location of the motel is excellent, the view from the pool out of this world, but once you go into the room it is very disappointing. We were assigned a room with a King bed on the lower level, the bed must have been 50years old, the springs sagged so bad, we could not sleep together in the bed. The mini blinds on the windows were Walmart quality and kept no light out. The fridge was also old and had rust inside of it, the loveseat in living room just as old and dirty. The owners were very friendly to the returning customers, but as newcomers I felt like an outcast. We did get to know other visitors who return year after year, who had a few negative comments about the facilities but obviously don't say anything. For what we paid for a week, I would not go back just for a lovely view.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Graham and I are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay at the Ebb Tide. We welcome both new and repeat guests alike, after all, hospitality is our business. You have many negative remarks, I just wish you had said something when you visited and let us know how unhappy you were here, we would have gladly looked for more suitable alternative accommodations for you, that is our job. I could go through item by item but I'm not except to say that there is nothing on this property 50 years or older except Graham and myself. As for our repeat guests that you met and many that you haven't, they too are seasoned travelers work/ pleasure and we certainly do not have any magic hold over them. It is their personal choice to visit our little waterfront resort and as always we welcome each and everyone of them.

Been to Ebb Tide Waterfront Resort? Share your experiences!