“Another Great Visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jamestown, Pennsylvania
“Another Great Visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have just finished up a ten day vacation at the Ebb Tide, and it was wonderful to be back. Graham and Maria constantly make you feel like one of the family and treat the guests with the utmost courtesy and respect. The rooms are clean and neat and the service is exceptional. I like the quiet, family atmosphere. The rules they have established keep everything running smoothly for the registered guests, and knowing that they provide a safe environment makes the motel a very enjoyable location. This time there were families with and without children, from all around the world, and everyone talked to one another, socialized, and had an entertaining experience. I will definitely return again in the future. I am very happy that I discovered the Ebb Tide for my vacations!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, both on the ground or second floor. Every room looks out over the pool and has...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bel Air, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I just returned from another relaxing, enjoyable 4+week holiday at the Ebb Tide. The owners, Maria and Graham, could not have done more to make our stay more enjoyable. This is an experience in old Florida style enjoyment. The location, right on the bay, is restful and relaxing yet virtually steps away from the beach, great restaurants and shopping. We prefer this kind of accommodation to the monolithic, crowded and impersonal hotel/motels. Our best endorsements is that this makes 38 years that we and our family have come to the Ebb Tide. We have vacationed all around this country and others but The Ebb Tide is home. We expect to be back to the Ebb Tide later tis year. Hope to see you there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I would never stay at this hotel again. While the location is good, the staff is exceptionally rude, especially Maria. We were yelled at from the upper deck of the hotel for not drying off in the appropriate area while exiting the pool. The entire area around the pool is concrete, but we were told to dry off in the area immediately exiting the pool even though our room was about 10 feet from the pool. Maria then proceded to yell at us from the upper deck to my 7 year old and 4 year old after they had dried off that they were leaving the door open and letting the air conditioning out of our room. Humiliating and embarassing! Their posted maximum rates on the inside of the door were $110, yet they charged us $150. Our own fault yes, but also obvious whey they were they only place with last minute openings over a holiday weekend. Again, exceptionally rude staff. We packed up and left, any place else would be better than here. Only stay here if you have no other options.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
EbbTideMotel, Owner at Ebb Tide Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I am very sorry you feel this way. It was your choice to leave. I did my best to accommodate you when you made the booking which was for two adults and one child. You requested early check-in, I obliged. I explained the pool rules to your husband, they are also posted at pool deck. I never yelled, I don't yell or shout, I called down and asked courteously. I came down and asked politely if I could have a word with you when I saw the numerous people outside your unit and explained that the facilities pool etc. are for registered guests only, there is a sign five feet by 6 inches stating same as soon as one enters our lobby. It was at this point that you and your family became very loud, threatening me with bad reviews on various review platforms. Had you asked for accommodations for five adults and four children I would have informed you that we did not have the availability and all of us would have been spared.
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

After checking thru old receipts ( I keep everything ) I realized we have now stayed @ the Ebb Tide 70 times, that alone should tell you something about the place!! Graham & Maria are always great hosts! We met some new friends from Latvia and when they asked why we liked the place so well we told them you get to see old friends as well as meet new ones. The ET is convenient to the beach, shops, & restaurants. Lots of golf courses within short driving distance. What more could you ask for???? Disney and much more are close to the Ebb Tide as well.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Batley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Well I returned to the Ebbtide ijn May for 4 weeks added another week this time to find some friends there I met years ago and then my friends flew in from UK a day after I arrived
We never get tired of our visit its s great family place or a place where you can be alone as I was this year.Theres always friendly faces if you want to chatter and lots of places to lay in the sun together or be alone but that hardly ever happens
This year a young boy arrived from the north of the USA with his family who used to visit many years ago first day he looked lost but joined us on the fishing dock never looked back went out and bought his own rod and cant wait to return next year
We are looking forward to returning in Oct to meet up with our Oct family my daughter and future son in law with us then
My daughter is getting married in Clearwater in May next year she wouldn't want to get married anywhere else
Maria and Graham the owners are helping us with the celebrations as if they were family where else would we get this they certainly help anyone they can to help in anyway just ask
Oh and this year we had a family of manatees visit the dock twice amazing
Cant wait until Oct counting the days thnk you again Maria and Graham

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have just returned from another holiday at Ebb Tide (4 weeks stay this year). We met all of our friends again, and was looked after by Maria and Graham Coates. We were unsure if 4 weeks would be too long in one place, and would we find enough to do. But we we should not have worried, the time went, and we did not do all we wanted to do.One of the highlights this year was a visit by two Manette's at the Ebb Tide fishing dock, (see Photo). The Ebb Tide is such a friendly place, you soon make new friends.

Peter and Eunice Bournemouth UK

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Newbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family and I have just had our 5th holiday at the Ebb Tide and once again we were greeted like long lost friends. Maria and Graham make everyone welcome and no request is too much trouble. The accommodation is excellent - fully furnished, clean & fresh,- everything one could ask for.
The pool is perfect and the views of Clearwater Beach are stunning. The beach and shops are close enough to enjoy daily. Restaurants and bars are close and friendly.
We originally took "pot luck" with our choice of the Ebb Tide but would not consider another resort now - long may it reign. BRILLIANT!!

Room Tip: If you have children the lower level rooms are more convenient
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ebb Tide Waterfront Resort? Share your experiences!