“Great Hotel for Great Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Yorker Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
New Yorker Motel
You added New Yorker Motel to your Saves list
332 Hamden Drive, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #72 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Hotel for Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Please ignore all the bad reviews for this motel as it is really not as bad as they say it is. The whole place is very nice and the rooms are very clean and fresh. The owner is very nice and doesn't just let any one book here. Don't smoke if you're not in a designated room and don't bring pets if you're not supposed to. Don't invite more people than you booked for or you will get kicked out. You also need to go and bring your own toilet paper and towels but its not the end of the world if you bring em yourself. Overall, great vacation stay and very good quality for the price! Please ignore the bad reviews since most are overly negative anyways and half- true most of the time.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
NewYorkerMotel, Manager at New Yorker Motel, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for your post. It's great to hear from happy customers. Just to clarify for other readers, we do provide towels and toilet paper, we just ask that our guests come to the front desk to pick them up as we don't generally enter the rooms while they are occupied. We hope to see you again at our motel and thanks again for taking the time to write to us.

Management

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I decided to get away for a few days and make a trip to Clearwater Beach. First time for me and I was looking forward to it. He found this place on the internet and the pictures they use on their website IS NOT the way it really is. This place is a dump. Room was dirty and really outdated. The rugs were dirty and nasty. The toilet in the bathroom stopped flushing and thank God my husband fixed it because the biggest problem with this place was the manager. The worst customer service I have ever experienced. They don't tell you that you have to pay an additional $60.00 cash deposit on top of what you already paid for the room..just in case you smoke the manager said. My husband said we don't smoke but that didn't matter. He basically "escorted" us to the room but I felt we were being checked out and then left. It wasn't even 5 minutes later that he knocks on the door asking for more money for the next night. We reserved two nights. This was Memorial Day weekend and all the other places were booked. He tells us that check out is 10:00 a.m. on Sunday. They lock up the pool by 10 at night..yes..actually lock it up with a chain which is ridiculous. My husband and I were ready to check out at 9:15 a.m. on Sunday. No-one was in the office even though it stated they open at 9 a.m. We had to wait 45 minutes and then the owner shows up at 10:00 a. m. with his wife as if nothing happened. He tells my husband that we should have told him we were checking out early..what?? It seems that when a legitimate person gives a negative review..someone from "management" tries to make an excuse and that is all it is..a lame excuse. We went to celebrate our anniversary and Memorial Day. I being a veteran was disgusted by the lack of friendliness, cleanliness and customer service that was given in this place. There is a reason this place gets really bad reviews. THIS PLACE IS A DUMP...DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NewYorkerMotel, Manager at New Yorker Motel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We sincerely apologize for keeping you waiting for check out, but we are very disappointed that you let that lead you to trying to deface our business. We have had this small, family owned motel for 13 years and we work hard at what we do. I would like to clarify, however, that for memorial day, you actually received a steal of a price in comparison with what other motels/hotels charge. Also, the pictures of the rooms are in fact EXACTLY what the rooms look like; our rooms are clean and spacious efficiencies. As far as the security deposit, that is a standard practice not only in our motel, but many others, there was no reason to be offended by this. It was returned to you upon check out. We also require that guests pay their total balance upon check in, as do many other motels, so this is also just standard procedure. The manager did not “escort” you to your room out of suspicion, but merely to turn on the air conditioner for you. We are sorry if that also offended you. We do lock up the pool at night, not to be ridiculous, but for safety and insurance reasons. Finally, I don’t believe you have any right in making judgement on previous responses we have made to other reviews because you were not there. They are not excuses, just our side of the story.

Management
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Overall, this is exactly what I was looking for. It's nothing too fancy, but just perfect for what I was looking for for my dad and myself. A clean place. AC worked great. Pool was awesome too. The owners / management were friendly. Walking distance to just about anything in Clearwater Beach. If you want something fancy and are willing to pay 3x as much, pick a different place. If you don't have a lot of needs and are just looking for a clean, simple place to sleep that is near the beach, this is perfect. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
NewYorkerMotel, Manager at New Yorker Motel, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review! We are happy you stayed with us and are looking forward to seeing you next time.

The New Yorker Motel Management
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

You have to do everything yourself, get your toilet paper, water, towels. There is nothing worth staying here. There is no service. Go to the holiday inn. The pots and pans are old. The bedding is old. The people are slightly rude. It's unfortunate but you get what you pay for. They have so much potential but they choose to avoid it.

• Stayed May 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My best friend and I stayed 2 nights at the New Yorker and enjoyed every moment. The room and pool were very clean and the owners were very nice. Only steps away from the beach! We will most definitly stay there again on our return next year!

Room Tip: We had room 115
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you taking the time to write a review for us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to your next stay.

The New Yorker Motel Management
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Please read other reviews. Can only think the one positive review must be the owner or a relative. Same bad experience for us and wouldn't have stayed there but for everywhere being booked up for spring break. We had been driving 7 hours looking for a place to stay and this was left. Had to haggle with manager for towels/ toilet paper and he seemed awfully busy outside our frosted un-blinded window every time i used the bathroom! Not a nice place or a nice man. Weird combo type thing in room sink/hob/fridge (see pictures) scared of being electrocuted whilst washing up. Very dirty hovel and would sooner have slept in car. Heed this warning!!

• Stayed April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Nasty place, Nasty owner..Not sure why we gave this motel another chance for spring break. The place is a dump. No cleaning service, you have to get your own towels and toilet paper. We were told that the room 112 was the only one available, because the others were being remodeled. This year for spring break we asked for two rooms and got the same crap. The hotel is not kid friendly..AT ALL!!!! Our kids were told to clean up crumbs outside (are you kidding me??) our rooms don’t get vacuumed and I’m paying for my kid to pick up crumbs?? We got the same room and one with wet carpeting, so we had to walk on a wet bed sheet, 2 broken drawers, and the grill didn’t have utensitls for clean or cooking. The final day the freak says “You need to get that crying kid in the room because this scene here looks like child abuse” That did it!! We had words my husband came to my defense. We got a NICE room with kitchen three beds fold out coaches, pool across the street (This was the same hotel he bashed and said it was nasty) Stay Away

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
NewYorkerMotel, Owner at New Yorker Motel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
There are a lot of inaccuracies with the review made by mjboruch on April 2. To begin, a month before their arrival the family rented two rooms, 112 and 109 because they had a large group. They told us there would be 10 people and we advised them that it would be over crowded in two rooms for them. Despite having so many people, they decided on their own a month before their check in day to book only two rooms. They had stayed with us previously so they knew what our rooms were like. Also, we were not remodeling at the time, we were simply booked full. Upon their arrival, they brought in two more people than they had told us. We do offer cleaning service, but they told us it was not necessary because they had too many of their own belongings around the room and it would be a hassle for them. The claim that we asked their children to pick up crumbs is completely untrue. Nothing like this happened. On the day before their checkout, one of the children was screaming in his stroller and the mother was not paying attention to it's cries. I asked her to take the child into the room to comfort it because it was an alarming scene. Her husband was quick to jump to her defense by physically assaulting me. He punched me in the chest and I had to call the police. The police told us I could file a civil suit against the husband for assaulting me but I decided to not do that and only asked the officer to escort the family off of the property. Overall, the reviews on this page are unbalanced and we have overwhelmingly satisfied returning customers. Many of our customers are international and elderly and thus, don't leave reviews on this site, for example.

Been to New Yorker Motel? Share your experiences!