In our first visit to Clearwater, we felt a bit overwhelmed by the crowds, the cars and the packed beaches (packed with teens). So, for our taste, Chart House was a comfortable bayside location with a nice view of Clearwater bay. Our room was on the first floor, right across from the docks with lots of sailboats. That made for pleasant afternoons on our private patio letting the waves lap, the breeze blow and the sun get lower. However, when the sun when down we discovered that the docks became busy, and the traffic by our room was distracting and sometimes annoying. Our room was right next to the pool entrance and was also the entrance and exit to 2 other rooms. The slamming of the door got to be annoying. This was perhaps exacerbated by the absence of hotel staff after 7:00 pm until sunrise or so. Our room was mostly up to date, with an out of date TV, an oldish looking fan and the occasional flying bug. The first date, the floor was dirty but day 2 it was cleaned. The patio could have been swept and washed. And the toilet almost stopped. There is wireless free internet, but it did not reach to our room. I stepped into the hall and my bars went way up. The staff seemed not to believe it was a problem. Of the three day staff we encountered, the owner was pleasant and very nice; Bill, the weekend staff guy was tremendous and helpful in orienting us to the area events, restaurants and transportation. The Monday guy seemed unconcerned about our slow toilet. I think we might stay there again, but in a room that is higher and hopefully good signal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel located on the Intracoastal Waterway next to the Yacht Club. Known as the best kept secret on Clearwater Beach; this gem has beautiful rooms and suites and a great home away from home feel about it. We also welcome your four legged companions too! Enjoy all the fun of Clearwater Beach while getting a good night sleep in our quiet off the beaten path hotel. You'll only be a stranger to us once at the Chart House Suites! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Chart House Suites on Clearwater Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chart House Suites On Clearwater Bay Hotel Clearwater
- Chart Hotel On Clearwater Bay
- The Chart House Suites