“Nice for the night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Quad Cities IL
“Nice for the night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Chart House and found it to be a nice, quiet location. The room was very clean but the structure is a bit strange. The building is kind of chopped up - you go through a hallway to get the elevator and then you are outside, you get off the elevator and go through more hallways to get to your room.
It was nice for the night but we would not want to be there for a long stay.
Very clean and as I said, QUIET.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Agree with most of the other reviewers here and choose the Chart House Suites because of the price and good reviews. It is a few minutes off the main beach area, however, being in a non-thoroughfare means it is in a quiet area yet still close enough to the action. Shops and restaurants all within walking distance.

My room was on the ground floor with high ceilings making it feel less like a hotel room. Outlook was the bay and marina. I was warmly welcomed and made to feel like more than just someone paying money for a room like at so many other larger hotels. One small thing that did stand out was very good, plush towels in the bathroom. Not sure if I was just lucky and was given brand new ones, however, much better than the useless ones at so many other places in this price range.

Wifi was a bit slow to start with although showing a full network strength. It came good after about ten minutes so perhaps it was just a bit of traffic at the time I logged on and was fine after that. Just persist if it doesn't appear fast when you first try.

A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
West Pensacola, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I were attending the Annual Meeting of the Florida Commodores Association which was being held at the Clearwater Yacht Club next door. Everything about the Chart House was outstanding. The hotel manager, Diane Bates, was exceptional in her hospitality. She let nothing go unnoticed in responding to the guests request. This was my third time to stay at the Chart House and this was the best yet. I look forward to my revisit to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Caterham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

A really nice and clean Hotel, staff were fab, peaceful and a wonderful location, I highly recommend it. I will Definitely be staying there again. There is also an excellent bar now opened about 5 mins walk from this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed there because my Niece was getting married. Diane was so gracious. She even helped fix my daughter dress. We would highly recommend anyone to stay there. What a nice little hotel. We will be staying there again!!

Room Tip: The Bayview was awesome!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently co-hosted a baby shower for my son and grand baby mother. It was quite successful because of Diane Bates. She help prepare the Penthouse for this occasion. We had family members coming from out of town to stay at the property in addition to renting the penthouse. Ms. Bates made sure we had adequate extra seating in addition to the furniture inside of the penthouse. We highly recommend this property for families, vacations and events. Diane makes you feel like family and it is your home away from home. The view was incredible of the boats and ocean. The sunset from the balcony made a perfect end to the day.

Room Tip: all rooms face the water but you will want a high floor for outstanding view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have stayed at the Chart House 2-3 times (my husband did a solo stay in additional to our family trips.) We chose this hotel because my in laws live in a nearby condo and it is within walking distance. We have two children and we love the fact that this property has a kitchen and we can eat cereal and make coffee in the morning! If you need a lot of space, this is a great option. This last visit we stayed in Room 204 (I think) which was huge! It has a huge dining room, living room, kitchen and a large bedroom with Two Queen Beds and two bathrooms/showers. We also had a lovely balcony overlooking the Marina. This property was recently renovated and painted.Our room was very clean and had new carpet (which I remember was pretty worn out on one previous visit). There is also laundry on site. The ladies who run the front desk (Diane?) was extremely helpful and friendly. We don't have pets, but I am pretty sure they told me they can accommodate small pets. We don't really use the pool much - but it is small.Still, this is a great hotel and value and away from the craziness of the beach - yet close enough to walk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Chart House Suites on Clearwater Bay? Share your experiences!