“Great view” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Rhyl.North Wales
“Great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.The location is stunning ,straight across from the beach .The dolphins were out every morning in the bay and it was magic to sit on the balcony and watch them.Rooms are a bit dated but they are clean and everythig worked.Would stay here again on my next visit to the U.S.A.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lift
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
ocala, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Stayed 7/11/08 to 7/13/08
The hotel was very clean and housekeeping staff excellent.
The manager, Kathy Mittler went out of her way as well as the staff to make our stay comfortable.
I telephoned for my reservation and Susan was helpful, she remembered me staying at the hotel a year ago, which was nice to be remembered. My family goes at the sametime each year for the beach soccer tournament that is held in Clearwater Beach.

The manager allowed us to stay in the room until 12:00PM as my son had a game at 12:30PM, and let me keep my Van in the hotel parking lot until my son was through playing. This was all done without extra charge.

My stay at the hotel was excellent and the staff very nice.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — Wish pool was open pass 11:00PM and able to stay by pool pass 11:00PM to just talk with friends, family, etc.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Decided at the last minute to extend our one week condo vacation and had nowhere to sleep so we chose this Travelodge.

This is an old hotel in need of serious maintenance and upgrades. However, we were comfortable and the room looked clean. We have done quite a bit of traveling around the world and tend to not be fussy about a basic room....for a decent price. The towel rack was dangling, the sliding door to the balcony was a struggle (OK a real fight) to open and the elevator was terminally slow .... but overall we had a clean, safe place to stay. If you're looking for pampering, this is not your place !!
Location is great for those who like to walk and see the sights. Several good restaurants, shops within a few minute walk .... we have 4 young children and this was a great location. Skip across the street to the beach.
Previous review indicated that the pool was dirty. Not so during our stay ... took advantage of an early morning swim and the pool and pool deck were clean.
Many nice hotels in the area, but for the price we were satisfied. Don't be afraid to stay here.

Stayed June 2008
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

We spent two nights with our two kids at this hotel. We rented a room with a small kitchen. Good location and the bathroom is clean (probably refurbished) but the rest is rather poor. The continental breakfast is a joke: only coffee, juice and cereals. And to complete this nice picture, add a few cockroaches found during our last evening.... We will never go back again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cockroaches!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Stephens City, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

From the moment I stepped in here, I was uncomfortable. NEEDED and received connecting rooms. One was a kitchenette, the other a standard, 2 bed, room.

The place is beyond worn out. The elevator is slow and sometimes non-responsive. Don't panic though. Eventually, it will get you where you want to go. They leave the A/c OFF in the rooms so when you arrive, expect it to be stifling hot, like mine were. And then, even with the A/C cranked all the way down, the room never got cool, even at night. It was barely tolerable since it appeared to suck the humidity out.

The sliding glass door to the balcony kept coming off the track. I had rooms 409 & 410. 410 is the kitchen room.

The pool looked like the people who had used it worked at Grease Monkey and used it as a bath. The day we left, I did see a worker scrubbing the sides of the pool. The sides were black when I was in it. The beach is across the street. It's a nice beach, but still need to do a short hike to get there. Cabanas on the beach are $18 per day.

My reservation was for 4 days, but I couldn't take anymore after 2 days. So we left and went to the St.Pete Travelodge. Read my review there for my experience there. I learned a lot about Travelodge. No wonder they are big sponsors on the Speed channel. Many rednecks stay here.

• Liked — It's cheap
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Largo, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

I live in Largo, FL -- a neightboring community to Clearwarer and Clearwater Beach. Memorial Day 2008 was a mini-vacation for me. I am a handicapped person who lives with her grown daughter. Memorial Day is always pool party weekend at our house and I needed to a "get away". The Travelodge was perfecct. The first time i called on the telephone to make the reservation, Susan was helpful and polite and when I arrived on Saturday evening, she was even more helpful and polite -- extending her working hours to make sure that I was comfortable and taken care of. And later that evenng a problem with a blown lightbulb was fixed in a timely and most friendly manner. The room was 4th floor on the end with a balcony and a mini-kitchen. (I brought plenty of food with me!) Due to the heat and humidity, I never left the room (except to go out on the balcony), until my daughter picked me up on Monday morning. But I had the most marvelous time. The view from the balcony overlooked the beach so I could watch all the activity -- sail boats, families with children, motorcyclists, the big hook and laddrer fire truck going by and stll be attached to my oxygen suoply or I could even sit at the table in the room in front of the air conditioning and still see the beach. Everything was perfect.

• Liked — View, kitchenette, service
  • Disliked — No answer -- everything was fine.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

I go to Clearwater Beach every March for Phillies Spring Training baseball. This year, I stayed at the Travelodge for four nights. Very good location close to the beach. Now is a good time to stay there too because much of the traffic is closed off in the area due to nearby construction. There is a Frenchy's restaurant across the street that has great grouper sandwiches. The hotel is within walking distance to Pier 60. There is plenty of parking at the hotel, although they limit you to one car per customer. The continental breakfast was disappointing - it was not much more than coffee and honeybuns, so don't get your hopes up (instead we ate at Lenny's near the ballpark - great spot!). They offer free USA Today newspapers in the hotel office, although one day I was there they were not delivered. The price was pretty expensive for this low end type of hotel - we paid $130 per night. However, that seems to be pretty much the going rate for this location, particularly during Spring Break/Spring Training season. It was an o.k. hotel - not fabulous, not horrible.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Seaside Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach? Share your experiences!