“My New Favorite Hotel in Pinellas” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #33 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Alachua, FL
“My New Favorite Hotel in Pinellas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I work for a company in Clearwater and spend a great deal of time in the office. When I am working at the office, I stay in a local hotel. Over the past five years or so, I have stayed at five different hotels. Fairfield Inn & Suites is my latest - and favorite thus far.

It is refreshing to see all of the four and five-star reviews. They are well-deserved. I have not interfaced much yet with the hotel personnel but I have dealt with their Director of Sales and she is a wonderful person. And the gentleman that checked me in was friendly and efficient. They run a classy operation here.

I had to check out the two negative reviews: One was complete bunk - wouldn't honor a discount coupon. In January? McFly? The other one alleging disgusting bed linens - I just find that hard to believe. This place is immaculate. My bet is that it is a chronic complainer looking for a free night's lodging.

My room was large, clean, quiet, comfortable, and fresh-smelling. In my book, that's all there is. Well, good coffee is kind of important, too. And theirs is. So there.

The location is fantastic, also. Although I do not fly out of Tampa very often, this hotel is a short, scenic drive from Tampa International. It's a bit of a haul to the beach if that's your thing (it isn't mine). But for a place on the beach, you're going to need to have your money gun fully-loaded and ready to fire. There isn't much in the way of good places to eat right at the hotel. But a mile or so west on Hwy 60 you have just about anything your tummy could want.

I can tell you this: I'm coming back. Next week, as a matter of fact.

Kudos to the staff and management of the Fairfield Inn & Suites!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FFISGM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay with us so much. It is always a pleasure to serve our guest and all of the staff looks forward to having your safe return. I will surely pass on the kind words to all. Thank you again and see you soon!

Melissa Velazquez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a very lovely Fairfield Inn (Clearwater Bayside), bigger and better than some I have stayed in. To begin with, the lanscaping makes for a very nice entry. The hotel has a nice interior entry as well, and staff are helpful and courteous. Our room was just fine, and given it was not a weekend, things were very calm and quiet. No ruckus. Slept well.

The breakfast bar is very nice, even with several warm choices, including eggs.

The hotel is on a major street, but set back a little. There are several restaurants and some shopping areas close by. It is about 6-7 miles to the beach, I would estimat,e but did not actually check it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
FFISGM, Public Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank for the great response we truly appreciate all that you had to say about our hotel. We are glad that you not only enjoyed your stay here with us but also the local area.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn Clearwater this past weekend for a concert and had an excellent experience.
The hotel is in a great location, close to area attractions and restaurants. The hotel has also been very well maintained with nice grounds and an outdoor pool.
The staff of the Fairfield were always kind, polite, and attentive. The people working the front desk were also great in helping us find our way around and out of town.
Our room was very nice and had clearly been remodeled recently. Very clean and the beds were super comfy. This hotel also has very nice decor, that keeps the rooms feeling light and bright (no heavy drapes, borders, or dark wall colors). The bathroom was also spotlessly clean and a good size. Also an amazing feature of this hotel is the sound proofing. Not only could we not tell that there was anyone else in the surrounding rooms, but you could not even hear someone in the bathroom. I noticed some reviews mentioned issues with the A/C unit; however we did not have any trouble with the one in our room.
Breakfast the next morning was great with lots of options, including biscuits and creamed chipped beef. If and when we do come back to the Tampa/Clearwater area, this hotel will definitely be our first choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FFISGM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We here at Fairfield Inn would like to thank you for your pleasant response and are glad that you had a wonderful time at our hotel.
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Traveled to attend our Grandsons birthday last weekend and enjoyed our stay at the Fairfield Inn. As always before I post a review I read the previous reviews, especially the negative ones to see if there may be something I may have missed. I do agree that this is an older facility but it is pretty well maintained and the housekeeping is very good. Having stayed at this Fairfield quite a few times I have found on one or two occasions the Front Desk Staff is not too attentive upon check in, last time the clerk was on the phone (not a business call), and took a little time checking us in. Not a big problem though as the individual was pleasent enough. One negative aspect I will agree with though is the quality of the free breakfast. I, along with the other guests that were staying at the same time do not care for sausage gravey and biscuits as it didn't appear that anyone was trying them. I am a member of the Marriotts Reward Program and as such I have stayed a numerous Marriotts and cannot remember any of the other facilities that serve biscuits and gravey. Stick with the scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage. All in all a pretty good stay.

Room Tip: Unless you need two beds go with the King room and get a rollaway if needed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for all of your postive input. It is important to us to keep the lines of communication open so that we can make the nessaray improvements that will hopefully bring you back for another visit.
North Bergen, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel is fine, flat screen tv, good channel selection, and rooms were clean. It's not the most updated hotel, but everything was okay. The breakfast selection was pretty good in the mornings. I think I'd prefer a Holiday Inn but they're deff comparable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for the postive remarks on our hotel location and we look forward to having you come back and stay with us.
Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our room was clean, the price was very reasonable, and the location was only 15-20 minutes from Pier 60. You have to catch the traffic at the right time of day. The Continental Breakfast was very good. It made for a great impromptu Labor Day weekend getaway. We will look forward to our next trip back to Clearwater.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will visit us again when your back in the Clearwater area.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

stayed at Fairfield as part of a gathering of friends for an annual bbq celebration - hotel was welcoming, attractive, very comfortable, clean, and with a great pool for lazing around in. A great representative for the brand.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
FFISGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed along your kind comments on to our maintenance, housekeeping, front desk departments for them to enjoy as well. We do hope that you will visit us again when you’re in the Clearwater area.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater? Share your experiences!