“Nice Fairfeild Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
Miami
“Nice Fairfeild Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Traveled to attend our Grandsons birthday last weekend and enjoyed our stay at the Fairfield Inn. As always before I post a review I read the previous reviews, especially the negative ones to see if there may be something I may have missed. I do agree that this is an older facility but it is pretty well maintained and the housekeeping is very good. Having stayed at this Fairfield quite a few times I have found on one or two occasions the Front Desk Staff is not too attentive upon check in, last time the clerk was on the phone (not a business call), and took a little time checking us in. Not a big problem though as the individual was pleasent enough. One negative aspect I will agree with though is the quality of the free breakfast. I, along with the other guests that were staying at the same time do not care for sausage gravey and biscuits as it didn't appear that anyone was trying them. I am a member of the Marriotts Reward Program and as such I have stayed a numerous Marriotts and cannot remember any of the other facilities that serve biscuits and gravey. Stick with the scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage. All in all a pretty good stay.

Room Tip: Unless you need two beds go with the King room and get a rollaway if needed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FFISGM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I would like to thank you for all of your postive input. It is important to us to keep the lines of communication open so that we can make the nessaray improvements that will hopefully bring you back for another visit.

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
North Bergen, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel is fine, flat screen tv, good channel selection, and rooms were clean. It's not the most updated hotel, but everything was okay. The breakfast selection was pretty good in the mornings. I think I'd prefer a Holiday Inn but they're deff comparable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for the postive remarks on our hotel location and we look forward to having you come back and stay with us.
Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our room was clean, the price was very reasonable, and the location was only 15-20 minutes from Pier 60. You have to catch the traffic at the right time of day. The Continental Breakfast was very good. It made for a great impromptu Labor Day weekend getaway. We will look forward to our next trip back to Clearwater.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will visit us again when your back in the Clearwater area.
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

stayed at Fairfield as part of a gathering of friends for an annual bbq celebration - hotel was welcoming, attractive, very comfortable, clean, and with a great pool for lazing around in. A great representative for the brand.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
FFISGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed along your kind comments on to our maintenance, housekeeping, front desk departments for them to enjoy as well. We do hope that you will visit us again when you’re in the Clearwater area.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We have stayed here before to see family and friends. If you are in need of a nice, clean, friendly, reasonably priced hotel that is kept in excellent condition while you are in the Clearwater area, this is the best place we have found. It is right across the causeway from Tampa Airport and is convenient to get around most of Clearwater.

Room Tip: We usually go for the third floor facing the rear away from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I was so pleased to see that you are a returned guest that continues to be pleased with our property. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us again and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
az
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I visited my family in Florida last week. I chose this hotel on account of it's location between Tampa and Clearwater. The rooms were fairly clean and dust-free. There was no mini fridge or microwave. The walls were kind of thin. The air conditioning unit was insanely loud and I'm fairly certain needed maintenance. I borrowed a fan from my sister's house to help sleep comfortably. Speaking of sleeping, the mattresses were not the best out there. I have yet another chiropractor's appointment after sleeping there. Once again, no exhaust fan in the bathroom. Shower pressure was average. The hotel always smelled nice and inviting. Breakfast was the typical scrambled eggs, muffins, bagels, cereal, make your own waffle, yogurt, pastry, biscuits and gravy. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. If it weren't for the mattress and air conditioner I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our property. I did notice your comments regarding our beds and the a/c unit in your guest room, please note we have been addressing these issues. We do hope that you will try us again in the future when you return to the Clearwater area as we continue to strive to meet all of our guests’ expectations. I have passed along your kind comments to our housekeeping, maintenance and breakfast departments. Thank you again for taking your time in reviewing our property.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed here for one night while in Clearwater for a meeting. The hotel was good - consistent with the Marriott and Fairfield Inn brands but I had two issues.

1) Like many guests, I put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door so I wouldn't be disturbed, particularly in the morning as I wanted to sleep in and then get some work done. However, the sign didn't prevent housekeeping from banging on my door at 10:00 AM to see if I was in the room. I can understand if it was past the check out time, but I still had two hours to go.

2) The A/C didn't get too cold. It wasn't very hot out as Tropical Storm Debby was still in the area and even when cranked down to 60 degrees and the fan on high for six hours, the room never really cooled down. If I had to guess, I'd say it didn't drop below 72.

The staff were great (except for the one ill-trained housekeeper) and the breakfast spread was one of the best I have ever experienced in a Fairfield Inn. The windows opened up for fresh air, which seems to be rare in hotels these days, and one of them didn't have a safety latch so I could open it all the way; I'm sure it will be replaced when they notice it was missing but I enjoyed having the window wide open. I didn't use the WiFi for security reasons but the wired connection was consistent with most hotels (slow, but tolerable for a night).

I would stay here again if the price was right, but to be honest, if I wasn't a Marriott Rewards member I would look at other options.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor and facing the front of the hotel have a nice little view of the water.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that our staff was great as well as our breakfast options. I do sincerely apologize for anyone knocking on your door with a Do Not Disturb sign and have addressed this with our entire staff. I read and understood your assessment of the a/c issue during Tropical Storm Debby that it was not cooling below 72 degrees; this can be corrected by replacing that particular a/c unit. I especially appreciate your mention of the guest room window locks, as this is a safety feature to have these locked at all times, we did address this and all of our windows are confirmed to be within compliance. Again thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you will visit us again if you are in the Clearwater area.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater? Share your experiences!