“The best seafood in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 10 Shopping in Clearwater
Largo, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“The best seafood in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Ward's Seafood is a must-see fish shop. As an Italian American, I make it a point to stop here every Christmas Eve to buy everything I need for the feast of the seven fishes. The selection is huge, the staff is eager to help and the fish is fresh. I'm headed there tonight to buy a bunch of mussels for dinner... I know they are going to be delicious.

Visited August 2013

Mount Uniacke, Nova Scotia, Canada
10 attraction reviews
“Seafood Market”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

In searching for Alligator meat, dropped into this place. Is relatively small in size but has near everything you could wish for. No Alligator on this date however. Appears the locals don't fancy it as much as the tourists and it tends to just sit in the fridge until being thrown out. Staff are friendly and willing to help out with whatever you're looking for.

Will return next time around without question.

Visited May 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Great Sea Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Lots of sea food to buy, must have 20 different fish, lots of shell food, nice sea food deli, salads, crab cakes, salmon cakes.

Visited May 2013
Belleair, FL
3 attraction reviews
“Exceptionally Fresh Fish and Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've shopped at Wards for years and love it: the selections are numerous, for a very small surcharge they will shell the shrimp, they provide recipes when I'm unfamiliar with something and I can even purchase a variety of seasonings and wine here. They even have a large deli market with delicious prepared foods. I frequent their market because I can depend on consistently fresh fish and seafood. Only once did I question the freshness of some shrimp and they promptly refunded me. It's unfortunate the previous reviewer wasn't happy with the experience. However, I expect to pay a bit more for freshness and guaranteed quality - and Wards consistently delivers.

Visited January 2013
“Can't believe I drove 1 hr for this”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I honestly can't believe all the reviews, because they are the reason why I drove an hr to get some "fresh" fish. I was excited and expecting something special - or at least decent. I grew up on the coast fishing so I know fresh fish - and this is the farthest thing I've seen from it. Staff was very nice and welcoming. So I got a pound of tiger shrimp (23$$$!!!) and a pound of muscles; and let me tell you the fish mostly definitely isn't fresh, its tasteless and I get the sense it has been frozen and unfrozen several times. COMPLETE waste of time and money. Wouldn't touch it if it was next door and free.