“good food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 556 Restaurants in Clearwater
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Polish
Description: 727-216-3055 http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=pierogi+grill+clearwater,+fl&fb=1&gl=us&hq=pierogi+grill&hnear=Clearwater,+FL&cid=12088817337801959951&dtab=2&ei=DhQdTdjmAoeglAf00LnKCw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQqgUwAA
Tampa, Florida
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have passed this joint many times and today , I told my wife we were going to try this Pierogi restaurant. Awsome food we shared 3 types of pierogi and stuffed cabbage for apps, good food the tomato sauce with the cabbage was very tasty. we enjoyed the kielbasa sandwich and reuben.We will come back . The deli store in the back of the restaurant is like the old country, well stoked with polish goodies, charcuterie, sweets and so much more. service is polite and friendly but slow . Break away from chains and try a gem.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Mt. Dora, FL
“Like Grandma's Whack to the Head - EAT!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Like some other reviewers, we passed this place on the way to the beach and had to stop on the way back home. YEAH, BUDDY - this is the real deal! Fresh homemade pierogi in half-a dozen flavors. Spouse had a cabbage roll she gobbled with delight (only sauce and dab of meat left over - "Oh, did you want to try some...?") Check out the store in the back crammed from floor to ceiling with every kind of European delight along with a cold case for fresh kielbasa and other mysterious delights! Wish it wasn't so far from home - we're bringing an ice chest next time! One thing - it could use a pretty major all around cleanup. Everything seems sanitary but seems dingy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hartsburg, Missouri
“Not Polish food like I remember”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I grew up in a Polish household...expected delicious good but got greasy pierogies with mystery meat filling. Polish sausage tasted like burnt smoked sausage. Slow sow service. I would avoid!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, FL
“First time to eat polish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We live less than a mile, we have talked about eating there, just never did. So today was our day. We shared the polish prince platter, which is a cabbage roll, kielbasa sausage and 4 pierogi's. we also shared the potatoe pancake with beef stew. This is tasty food. The sausage was grilled &was just killer, the pierogi's are tasty dumplings. The potatoe pancake with the beef in it didn't look great but it tasted great. My least fav was the sauerkraut. It was me, everone else was on board. The server was very helpful, prices more than fair. Cross polish food off my bucket list. Well done Pierogi Grill.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lakeland, Florida
“The Real Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

After a long day on the beach we were starving and had noticed this place earlier when we drove by it. Being both German and Polish I jump at any opportunity to have an authentic meal. This place did not disappoint! We got here right before they closed and they were more than happy to seat us for dinner. I was very relieved by that because we were so hungry. We were seated and noticed that every other table in the place was speaking Polish with the wait staff, a good sign :) We started with the potato pancakes and a bowl of borsch. Both were delicious. I ordered the pyzy and my husband ordered a combination platter which included kielbasa, stuffed cabbage, pierogies & sauerkraut. This was all made to order and tasted just like my grandmother used to make. I was so pleased that they took the time to make everything perfect even though we got there right before closing time. The staff was so helpful and nice, this really made it a pleasant experience. Although my husband and I shared everything, we couldn't finish it and we were disappointed that we didn't have room for dessert. It all sounded so good, but is an incentive for coming back. We didn't have time to browse the deli, but it looked like they had everything thing you could possibly think of either made from scratch or imported. Lots of rare goodies. The only thing I was confused by was the decor. There was a lot of ancient Egyptian stuff mixed with beautiful lighted trees. It was all very nice to look at, but I just didn't get it. Maybe it was leftover from an old establishment there and it was too pretty to take down? Either way, it didn't take away from our experience. We will definitely be coming back!

• Visited May 2013