“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gem Tower Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Gem Tower Motel
342 Hamden Drive, Clearwater, FL   |
Springfield, Missouri, United States
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the Gem Tower Motel. I was there this past weekend for a three day diving vacation on a budget and the Gem Tower was the best priced location I could find. When I arrived, looking at it compared to some of the surrounding resort buildings, I was a little skeptical at it's appearance. However, the room was comfortable and clean and I had no issues while I was there. My only complaint was that the shower pressure could have been a little better. The owner, Mrs. Tas, was very nice and accomadating. The location was perfect; a block from the beach and right in the middle of all the attractions. I will be staying there again when I return. If you're just looking for a clean place to sleep at night while being close to all the fun, and have a budget to consider, this is the place to stay.

Jarrod
Springfield, MO

p.s. The beach is awesome!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach have a quiet little courtyard area that is pretty quiet at night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I've stayed at the Gem Tower a few times. The Gem Tower is a quaint motel with vintage Florida charm. The owners run the hotel and are extremely friendly and hospitable. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the location can not be beat, steps from the beach. There is something to be said for good old fashioned customer service and an eclectic feeling of what Clearwater used to be before it became so commercialized. I would stay here again and recommend it to my friends, any day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Henderson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We came knowing it was spring break, thinking it would be wild with collage kids. It was quite and relaxing. We had a wonderful time and half of it was because of the great service and care we recieved from Teresa and Jerry. They are so nice. They made sure we had everything we needed to make us comfortable. The pool was sparkly clean with pretty flowers everywhere. Our room was clean and clean linens were daily as well as soaps and necessities. This is definetly a great place to spend a vacation. They treat you like family and give you their best. Teresa even took time from her busy schedule to take him to church. We will definetly be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to stay down on the beach last minute after a night out with friends.with it being spring break, most hotels were booked & Gem tower was our last resort. The service was great and check-in took no time at all. Upon arrival at our room we were shocked as to how clean it was. Everything, the bedding, the floor, towels and bathroom were all immaculate. I can honestly say we would return with out hesitation. The location was perfect & close to everything!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Gem Tower isn't the best motel in Clearwater Beach, but the owners are very good people. This motel was my home for 3 months.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed at Gem Tower for 10 days. Family owned and operated, great atmosphere, nice rooms and heated pool. I would rate the motel above average for the price ! I will return in the future ...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

my wife and I have been coming over , from outside Daytona, to stay at the Gem Tower
for 18 yeaes. Tearesa and Jerry Tas are the most friendly and caring motel owers we
have ever met! The rooms are always clean and affordable, with a short walk to the beach.
My wife and I would highly recommend the Gem Tower to any one!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Gem Tower Motel? Share your experiences!