“Cheap and cheerful for great location...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Wave Motel Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Blue Wave Motel Suites
Save Saved
You added Blue Wave Motel Suites to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   440 East Shore Drive, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #21 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheerful for great location...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We travelled around Florida doing some of the tourist things in June 2012 when we came across this motel near Clearwater Beach. This is a beautiful beach and we decided to go back and stay, using this motel as an overnight stop.

It's not a palace. It's convenient for a great beach with parking at the front for the hire car. The rooms are basic, the air-conditioning a bit noisy but it was clean and comfortable with great hosts. There were a few shops (including groceries if you want to do self catering), nice bars or restaurants nearby and a pleasant view of the sunset from the roof-top balcony after a great day on the beach. We had a good sleep here and then back to the villa in Orlando the following morning.

If you need anything, they'll point you in the right direction or some things like hairdrier, beach chairs, toys might be available to borrow.

If you need a bed for the night near Clearwater, this is perfectly fine. We'd have stayed longer but there was a hurricane on its way! Time to get gone...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was our first trip to Clearwater and first stay at the Blue Wave Motel. I was looking for a place that was near the beach, did not cost a fortune, could accommodate our family of 6, had a kitchen, and provided beach supplies (since we were flying to FL). Blue Wave met our needs perfectly. You cannot beat the location...a very easy walk to the beach, Pier 60, and restaurants. Also the section of beach was ideal, not in front of one of the big hotels...we often had the beach to ourselves in the morning. As far as our room, we had the corner suite, which was nice, clean, and tastefully decorated. Rodney and Gayle had set us up with a futon bunk bed, in addition to the pull-out couch, and the kids (ages 2-10) were excited to take turns sleeping in the top bunk. (I will say, the kids all crashed every night...they slept great!) Rodney and Gayle really went above and beyond making sure we had everything we needed (extra towels, chairs, etc). The kitchen was well equipped, and there was a Publix just 1/2 mile away, which saved us a good deal on meal expenses. If there was anything we needed, all we had to do was ask. Which brings me to the beach supplies...I wasn't really expecting much, but it far exceeded my expectations. The beach towels were very nice, there were tons of beach chairs to choose from, several umbrellas and tents, a float that my boys played on for hours, some sand toys...they even gave us sunscreen. (I'll try to upload a photo of us on the beach that shows some of the nice 'stuff'.)

A few other details...the shower is a large stand-up, not a tub combo, which was fine for us, but might be an issue for some families. My only complaint is that the water pressure was not great. There is an outdoor shower for rinsing sand off, and laundry facilities available. The AC in the unit is in the bedroom, with an opening in the shared bedroom/living room wall for the cool air to blow thru. The ceiling fan blades in the LR had had to be removed due to the bunkbed, so the LR was a bit warmer than the bedroom...again, not a big deal to us. The TVs in the bedroom and living rooms were very nice/big/modern. There is no pool, but if you did want a pool, there was a big, nice, city pool with slides a short walk away...visitor admission was $3/adults and $2/kids.

We had a great time and I've already recommended Blue Wave to friends considering a beach vacation to Florida.

Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our suite was very clean and spacious, with a nice kitchen and a comfortable sleeping room. The motel has no pool and is located in a quiet street 3 minutes walk from the beach und 5 minutes walk from the pier. Nice restaurants within walking distance.
Beach towels and chairs are provided. I did like a lot the beach towels which (to me) seemed to be from the '70s! Something different from all the other hotels in Florida!
The pullout sofa in the kitchen is not that comfortable, I would say it is ok for children to sleep but adults could have problems. Only the bed sheets were a little bit too used, I would suggest to buy new ones! Towels in the bathroom were good.
Very nice owner and staff.
I would stay here again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is the second year we stayed at the Blue Wave and I am already missing it and can't wait to go back again. This is a great place to stay not only for location but the rooms are perfect. Rodney and Gayle are the best! It is like visiting family! I would highly recommend staying here..you can't get such great customer service along with a great place to stay for this price and location.

Dacula, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am not one to EVER write reviews but I had to say something about my stay at the Blue Wave Motel. I have never experienced such great service and friendly people anywhere else! Gayle was so accommodating and made sure all our needs were met and we had everything we needed and our stay was pleasant. This was the first time we traveled with my youngest son Sebastian (who turned 1 year old the day we arrived) and I was very impressed that the motel had a pack and play we could use for him during our stay. I can not tell you enough how great these people are and we plan on returning every year as a family tradition. I would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting a stress free vacation at the beach. We can't wait to go back and enjoy another family vacation with the Blue Wave Motel staff!

Room Tip: All their rooms are great so you can choose any of them! :)