“Location and staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Wave Motel Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Blue Wave Motel Suites
Ranked #17 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
Ottawa
“Location and staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently came back from a little Florida escapade I took with my three year old little girl. We stayed at Blue Wave for 5 nights and thouroughly enjoyed our stay! The place was reasonably spacious, nicely appointed and very clean! Had I not come with my little girl, I probably would've preferred to stay on the second floor so that I couldve gotten more sunlight (I left the blinds closed most of the time so people walking by couldnt see in our place) and would've prevented the couple of nights where the neighbours stomped around bit during the night, but being with her, it was useful as I could just go out the door with the stroller without having to do any stairs. There are many great things about this place by the best are location and the staff. You can walk everywhere! It is 1.5 blocks away from the beach (a 5 minute walk at most), close to the Marina, the Pier, the store sand restaurants. We even walked to the Aquarium without a problem. The only time we took our car was to do groceries (though even that is walkable, we just didnt want to lug around the grocery bags). The two people who manage the place and the front desk, Gayle and Rodney are just awesome! Always smiling, always ready to help. They were both so sweet to my little girl, made us feel right at home. I would not hesitate to suggest to this place to anyone, especially considering the prices around there, I don't think it gets better than that :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
alan f, Manager at Blue Wave Motel Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thanks for you kind review and we really appreciate the nice things you say about the staff. Hope to see you soon,

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Northford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Visiting parents in Florida and decided to drive an hour to Clearwater Beach for a little get-away. Planned to stay at a chain hotel, but figured for one night we could try a "mom & pop". The Blue Wave was referred to us by the local visitor bureau. Would have liked to have stayed another night! Was a cute suite - immaculate - and great location to walk to restaurants, beach, shopping and entertainment. Would have liked a more comfortable mattress and a hairdryer, but the staff was amazing and the price was right! We will be back! The manager was a hoot and the bookkeeper was a lot of fun to talk to. She had just acquired a rescue dog, named "Dexter", and Dexter added to the charm of our stay! Would love to go out with these people on our next trip if they are not working!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. Everyone loves a nice suprise. Hope to see you soon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here. The location is perfect for the beach, restaurants and shops. Gayle and Rodney such lovely, helpful people. They are full of knowledge on Clearwater, places to visit and things to do. The terrace is a lovely area to relax and chill in the evening. Would certainly return to this motel next time I'm in Clearwater. Added bonus is the reasonable cost.

• Stayed November 2012
We appreciate positive review and it we glad you fee we have an excellent location, clean and helpful staff. We are here to make sure all our guest feel like you do about our cute little motel.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

After reading the reviews I was in total shock after walking into the Dolphin Cabin! It was disgusting. I felt dirty just walking in! I look first at the bathroom and it was beyond dirty! The toilet had urine all over it, the sink had hair hair in it from someone shaving. I then looked at the livingroom. The chair was stained and dirty. It looked like it had been dug out from a dumpster and put in there. I had decided at that point I was not staying there. As I was leaving I had to pass the bed on the front porch. I pulled the sheets back and found it full of hair! That was the end for me! The cabin and it contents are wore out and dirty. I went back to the office and talked with Gayle. I told her I understand that the cabin is old but there is a difference between old and just plain dirty. She was very nice let me look at two rooms at the actual motel. Those two rooms were better than that cabin! We stayed in the Tommy Suite. There was still a few things that could have been cleaner but it was acceptable. The kitchen sink faucet handle was broke and would fall off everytime we tried to use it. The shower tile had white soap marks all over. The air conditioner filters had not been cleaned forever! Gayle was what made the whole stay. When it comes to customer service I give her 5 stars. She went out of her way to help and she is what makes the place. We didn't really get to talk to Rodney. As far as the motel/cabins go I would not ever stay there again. If you decide to stay here make sure you stay at the hotel and not the cabins. Ask to look at the room before you pay because they do not refund your money!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NurseGayle, Manager at Blue Wave Motel Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
After reading the great reviews on the Blue Wave, this family, at the last minute, chose to stay in a cottage instead. They were mistakenly given keys to the wrong cottage as the Dolphin was yet to be cleaned by housekeeping.

After their disappointment, they were not interested in another cottage so they were offered a choice of suites at the Blue Wave or a FULL refund. They were winding down from a hectic time spent in Orlando and wanted a lazy beach day with the children before driving home.They chose to stay at the Blue Wave and It appeared as though they enjoyed themselves and were comfortable and content.

Our sole intention was to give them a positive last impression of the hospitality on Clearwater Beach.

While I apologize, once again, for any & all inconveniences, I am so sad that this guest felt it necessary to attack the Blue Wave and it's unblemished reputation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Birthday by the beach with fun for all ages only a few steps away. Close to everything! ...yet very reasonable priced. Rodney greets you with genuine enthusiasm and is friendly and helpful. We got a full weekend with late check out due to low season. My 3 & 1/2 y/o and husband had a blast! This is the place my family, which includes a native from St Pete., will come back to when staying at Clearwater Beach.

• Stayed November 2012
Ithaca,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The management was absolutely wonderful, friendly, and accommodating!! Gayle and Rodney are informative and helpful. The suites were clean, reasonably priced and totally adorable. We traveled all over Florida on our vacation and next time we are going to stay the full week at The Blue Wave in CW Beach!!

Room Tip: They are all suites! You can't go wrong!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I had the BEST experience staying at The Blue Wave Motel last week!!! Stop wasting your time looking for any other place to stay!!! I have been in the hotel- Food & Beverage industry for 13 yrs and I can honestly tell you that it doesn't get any better than this if you are looking for location, hospitality, affordability, and cleanliness!! From the second I called and booked w/ Gayle I had a good feeling. The day we arrived Rodney had checked us in and instantly became a friend as well as Gayle and Alan. I am BIG on cleanliness..our room was perfect!! All you need is there waiting for you as far as a full kitchen set-up, 2 flat screen T.V's, tons of closet space, a good sized pantry and an awesome AC unit to keep ya cool after a hot day at the beach!!! My advice is to go where the locals go for food... Frenchy's Rockaway is a MUST!! Their fish is fresh caught everyday!! They have the BEST Grouper and the Grouper Egg Rolls are amazing!!! Clear Sky Restaurant has the BEST Lobster Ravioli w/ huge chunks of Lobster mixed in!! Palm Pavilion is another great place for live music. Jimmy's Crows Nest is great for a rooftop bar w/ amazing views and the new Hooter's Lookout is another great one for views and they have a DJ spinning I believe everyday. Blue Wave Motel is a 3 minute walk to the beach and 5 minute walk to ALL restaurants, shops, Pier 60, and there is even a CVS Drugstore 3 minutes away. Our favorite part of the day was coming back to Blue Wave and sitting on the rooftop terrace..especially at night. We made ourselves at home for 8 days and I must say it was hard to leave. Leaving Gayle, Rodney and Alan felt like leaving family behind...All I could do is tell you to please take my word.. you will NOT be let down!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Wave Motel Suites? Share your experiences!