“Do not get the Dolphin Cabin and ask to see the room before you pay!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Wave Motel Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Blue Wave Motel Suites
Save Saved
You added Blue Wave Motel Suites to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   440 East Shore Drive, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Special Deal
Free Tickets
Ranked #18 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
“Do not get the Dolphin Cabin and ask to see the room before you pay!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

After reading the reviews I was in total shock after walking into the Dolphin Cabin! It was disgusting. I felt dirty just walking in! I look first at the bathroom and it was beyond dirty! The toilet had urine all over it, the sink had hair hair in it from someone shaving. I then looked at the livingroom. The chair was stained and dirty. It looked like it had been dug out from a dumpster and put in there. I had decided at that point I was not staying there. As I was leaving I had to pass the bed on the front porch. I pulled the sheets back and found it full of hair! That was the end for me! The cabin and it contents are wore out and dirty. I went back to the office and talked with Gayle. I told her I understand that the cabin is old but there is a difference between old and just plain dirty. She was very nice let me look at two rooms at the actual motel. Those two rooms were better than that cabin! We stayed in the Tommy Suite. There was still a few things that could have been cleaner but it was acceptable. The kitchen sink faucet handle was broke and would fall off everytime we tried to use it. The shower tile had white soap marks all over. The air conditioner filters had not been cleaned forever! Gayle was what made the whole stay. When it comes to customer service I give her 5 stars. She went out of her way to help and she is what makes the place. We didn't really get to talk to Rodney. As far as the motel/cabins go I would not ever stay there again. If you decide to stay here make sure you stay at the hotel and not the cabins. Ask to look at the room before you pay because they do not refund your money!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
NurseGayle, Manager at Blue Wave Motel Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
After reading the great reviews on the Blue Wave, this family, at the last minute, chose to stay in a cottage instead. They were mistakenly given keys to the wrong cottage as the Dolphin was yet to be cleaned by housekeeping.

After their disappointment, they were not interested in another cottage so they were offered a choice of suites at the Blue Wave or a FULL refund. They were winding down from a hectic time spent in Orlando and wanted a lazy beach day with the children before driving home.They chose to stay at the Blue Wave and It appeared as though they enjoyed themselves and were comfortable and content.

Our sole intention was to give them a positive last impression of the hospitality on Clearwater Beach.

While I apologize, once again, for any & all inconveniences, I am so sad that this guest felt it necessary to attack the Blue Wave and it's unblemished reputation.

Gayle

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Birthday by the beach with fun for all ages only a few steps away. Close to everything! ...yet very reasonable priced. Rodney greets you with genuine enthusiasm and is friendly and helpful. We got a full weekend with late check out due to low season. My 3 & 1/2 y/o and husband had a blast! This is the place my family, which includes a native from St Pete., will come back to when staying at Clearwater Beach.

• Stayed November 2012
Ithaca,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The management was absolutely wonderful, friendly, and accommodating!! Gayle and Rodney are informative and helpful. The suites were clean, reasonably priced and totally adorable. We traveled all over Florida on our vacation and next time we are going to stay the full week at The Blue Wave in CW Beach!!

Room Tip: They are all suites! You can't go wrong!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I had the BEST experience staying at The Blue Wave Motel last week!!! Stop wasting your time looking for any other place to stay!!! I have been in the hotel- Food & Beverage industry for 13 yrs and I can honestly tell you that it doesn't get any better than this if you are looking for location, hospitality, affordability, and cleanliness!! From the second I called and booked w/ Gayle I had a good feeling. The day we arrived Rodney had checked us in and instantly became a friend as well as Gayle and Alan. I am BIG on cleanliness..our room was perfect!! All you need is there waiting for you as far as a full kitchen set-up, 2 flat screen T.V's, tons of closet space, a good sized pantry and an awesome AC unit to keep ya cool after a hot day at the beach!!! My advice is to go where the locals go for food... Frenchy's Rockaway is a MUST!! Their fish is fresh caught everyday!! They have the BEST Grouper and the Grouper Egg Rolls are amazing!!! Clear Sky Restaurant has the BEST Lobster Ravioli w/ huge chunks of Lobster mixed in!! Palm Pavilion is another great place for live music. Jimmy's Crows Nest is great for a rooftop bar w/ amazing views and the new Hooter's Lookout is another great one for views and they have a DJ spinning I believe everyday. Blue Wave Motel is a 3 minute walk to the beach and 5 minute walk to ALL restaurants, shops, Pier 60, and there is even a CVS Drugstore 3 minutes away. Our favorite part of the day was coming back to Blue Wave and sitting on the rooftop terrace..especially at night. We made ourselves at home for 8 days and I must say it was hard to leave. Leaving Gayle, Rodney and Alan felt like leaving family behind...All I could do is tell you to please take my word.. you will NOT be let down!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sioux City, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had a GREAT time this past week on vacation. The Blue Wave is in a GREAT location and Gayle and Rodney are awesome people! My daughter, her boyfriend and I had the Tommy Bahama Suite, which is a very nice size for 3 people. Full kitchen so we went to the grocery store and got breakfast food so we weren't eating out for every meal! We also made fruit smoothies with the blender that was available in the kitchen. We were walking distance from everything. Beach, Pier 60, Jet Ski rental, Parasailing, etc. When going to the beach, they provided chairs/towels and even sun screen! We'll definately stay here again at some point!!

Thanks Gayle and Rodney!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a very good experience, our room was clean and had everything available for us to use to make our stay compfortable. It was a last minute request and the manager ( Gayle) took very good care of us. I acturally lost my bracelet there, called to see if they found it and indeed they did and are sending it to me. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. Close to beach, was able to walk everywhere, not only was the room clean and a resonable price even on the weekend, they made sure we had towels if needed to go to the beach as well as grills to cook out on, and everything you would need to make yourself at home. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: THis place is Great, close to beach, shopping resturants, everything you need and more!! Gayle is Gr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Marshfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had a wonderful time in Clearwater Beach. The Blue Wave Motel had nice rooms and Gayle and Rodney were wonderful to us, treated us like family. We really didn't need our rental car, it sat most of the time, but used it occasionally for sightseeing and grocery shopping. We always felt safe and it is close to the pier and to every kind of water sport a person could ever want. We found our room to be quiet and relaxing. It is a great place to stay with reasonable rates.
Thank you Gayle and Rodney for being so accomodating.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Wave Motel Suites? Share your experiences!