“The best motel I have ever stayed in!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Wave Motel Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Blue Wave Motel Suites
Save Saved
You added Blue Wave Motel Suites to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   440 East Shore Drive, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #18 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Ithaca,NY
“The best motel I have ever stayed in!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The management was absolutely wonderful, friendly, and accommodating!! Gayle and Rodney are informative and helpful. The suites were clean, reasonably priced and totally adorable. We traveled all over Florida on our vacation and next time we are going to stay the full week at The Blue Wave in CW Beach!!

Room Tip: They are all suites! You can't go wrong!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jackson, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I had the BEST experience staying at The Blue Wave Motel last week!!! Stop wasting your time looking for any other place to stay!!! I have been in the hotel- Food & Beverage industry for 13 yrs and I can honestly tell you that it doesn't get any better than this if you are looking for location, hospitality, affordability, and cleanliness!! From the second I called and booked w/ Gayle I had a good feeling. The day we arrived Rodney had checked us in and instantly became a friend as well as Gayle and Alan. I am BIG on cleanliness..our room was perfect!! All you need is there waiting for you as far as a full kitchen set-up, 2 flat screen T.V's, tons of closet space, a good sized pantry and an awesome AC unit to keep ya cool after a hot day at the beach!!! My advice is to go where the locals go for food... Frenchy's Rockaway is a MUST!! Their fish is fresh caught everyday!! They have the BEST Grouper and the Grouper Egg Rolls are amazing!!! Clear Sky Restaurant has the BEST Lobster Ravioli w/ huge chunks of Lobster mixed in!! Palm Pavilion is another great place for live music. Jimmy's Crows Nest is great for a rooftop bar w/ amazing views and the new Hooter's Lookout is another great one for views and they have a DJ spinning I believe everyday. Blue Wave Motel is a 3 minute walk to the beach and 5 minute walk to ALL restaurants, shops, Pier 60, and there is even a CVS Drugstore 3 minutes away. Our favorite part of the day was coming back to Blue Wave and sitting on the rooftop terrace..especially at night. We made ourselves at home for 8 days and I must say it was hard to leave. Leaving Gayle, Rodney and Alan felt like leaving family behind...All I could do is tell you to please take my word.. you will NOT be let down!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sioux City, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had a GREAT time this past week on vacation. The Blue Wave is in a GREAT location and Gayle and Rodney are awesome people! My daughter, her boyfriend and I had the Tommy Bahama Suite, which is a very nice size for 3 people. Full kitchen so we went to the grocery store and got breakfast food so we weren't eating out for every meal! We also made fruit smoothies with the blender that was available in the kitchen. We were walking distance from everything. Beach, Pier 60, Jet Ski rental, Parasailing, etc. When going to the beach, they provided chairs/towels and even sun screen! We'll definately stay here again at some point!!

Thanks Gayle and Rodney!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a very good experience, our room was clean and had everything available for us to use to make our stay compfortable. It was a last minute request and the manager ( Gayle) took very good care of us. I acturally lost my bracelet there, called to see if they found it and indeed they did and are sending it to me. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. Close to beach, was able to walk everywhere, not only was the room clean and a resonable price even on the weekend, they made sure we had towels if needed to go to the beach as well as grills to cook out on, and everything you would need to make yourself at home. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: THis place is Great, close to beach, shopping resturants, everything you need and more!! Gayle is Gr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Marshfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had a wonderful time in Clearwater Beach. The Blue Wave Motel had nice rooms and Gayle and Rodney were wonderful to us, treated us like family. We really didn't need our rental car, it sat most of the time, but used it occasionally for sightseeing and grocery shopping. We always felt safe and it is close to the pier and to every kind of water sport a person could ever want. We found our room to be quiet and relaxing. It is a great place to stay with reasonable rates.
Thank you Gayle and Rodney for being so accomodating.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have to say this is hands down the best motel/hotel I have been to. I have travelled all over and stayed in various hotels and villas, but the Blue Wave tops them all. The rooms were clean, spacious and newly decorated. The location was perfect. I didn't even need a car, everything was within walking distance including the beach-one block away. Above all else the staff was the absolute BEST. Gayle and Rodney were the most helpful, fun and kind people. Staying at the Blue Wave was like being at home away from home. Already planning my next stay,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Marshfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Wonderful place to stay. Gayle and Rodney are so friendly and helpful. Ask for beach towels, sure. A cooler, sure. Beach chairs, sure. It goes on and on. They make you feel like family. The motel is located on a quiet street close to the beach, restaurants, and shopping. We felt very safe. The room includes a kitchen, which sure saves on eating out. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioner provided not only cooling, but white noise that made sleeping excellent. The deck was a very pleasant place to wind down with it's plants and fountain. And the little table in front of our room made an excellent place to eat breakfast. All in all a great little place to stay. I want to go back again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Wave Motel Suites? Share your experiences!