“Great Experience will be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Wave Motel Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Blue Wave Motel Suites
Save Saved
You added Blue Wave Motel Suites to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   440 East Shore Drive, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Ranked #17 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Experience will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a very good experience, our room was clean and had everything available for us to use to make our stay compfortable. It was a last minute request and the manager ( Gayle) took very good care of us. I acturally lost my bracelet there, called to see if they found it and indeed they did and are sending it to me. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. Close to beach, was able to walk everywhere, not only was the room clean and a resonable price even on the weekend, they made sure we had towels if needed to go to the beach as well as grills to cook out on, and everything you would need to make yourself at home. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: THis place is Great, close to beach, shopping resturants, everything you need and more!! Gayle is Gr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Marshfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had a wonderful time in Clearwater Beach. The Blue Wave Motel had nice rooms and Gayle and Rodney were wonderful to us, treated us like family. We really didn't need our rental car, it sat most of the time, but used it occasionally for sightseeing and grocery shopping. We always felt safe and it is close to the pier and to every kind of water sport a person could ever want. We found our room to be quiet and relaxing. It is a great place to stay with reasonable rates.
Thank you Gayle and Rodney for being so accomodating.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have to say this is hands down the best motel/hotel I have been to. I have travelled all over and stayed in various hotels and villas, but the Blue Wave tops them all. The rooms were clean, spacious and newly decorated. The location was perfect. I didn't even need a car, everything was within walking distance including the beach-one block away. Above all else the staff was the absolute BEST. Gayle and Rodney were the most helpful, fun and kind people. Staying at the Blue Wave was like being at home away from home. Already planning my next stay,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Marshfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Wonderful place to stay. Gayle and Rodney are so friendly and helpful. Ask for beach towels, sure. A cooler, sure. Beach chairs, sure. It goes on and on. They make you feel like family. The motel is located on a quiet street close to the beach, restaurants, and shopping. We felt very safe. The room includes a kitchen, which sure saves on eating out. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioner provided not only cooling, but white noise that made sleeping excellent. The deck was a very pleasant place to wind down with it's plants and fountain. And the little table in front of our room made an excellent place to eat breakfast. All in all a great little place to stay. I want to go back again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I loved this hotel. Our room was nice, very clean, and comfortable. Very close to the beach. The entrance to the beach was the perfect location. It wasn't in front of any major hotel, and it wasn't as busy w/ people. Gayle and Rodney were wonderful! We arrived late on a Friday because of our flight. Gayle had actually went through her refrigerator and gave us food. When we had mentioned we were hungry we expected her to point us to a near by convenience store, instead she gave us her food. They were very friendly answering all questions we had. They also had beach towels and chairs for us to take to the beach. Once we were back to the hotel after playing they had a deck.on the.second floor. It was very peaceful.I would love to go back.

• Stayed May 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

My wife and I booked a room at the Blue Wave for a quick weekend getaway. We were in the area visiting my best friend who was in downtown Tampa for a long meeting, and he had a break over the weekend, so we decided to find a place on the beach. I started looking at the hotels, and had immediate sticker shock. My wife and I are parents of 11 month old twins and are on a budget. I'm SO glad I found the Blue Wave!

Our suite had plenty of space for my wife and I, our two toddlers, and our friend. The living room had a pullout couch, a recliner, a coffee table, and a big television. The kitchen was fully equipped with a four-burner gas stove, oven, microwave, full size refrigerator, and sink with granite countertops. Every utensil we needed was there (we made frozen pizzas for a late night snack and cinnamon rolls in the morning), and there were even coffee filters. (No coffee, though. A one-pot package would have been a nice touch.) There was a small table with two chairs in the kitchen.

The bathroom was spacious and clean, and the bedroom was perfect for us and our twins. As the other reviewers have noted, the air conditioning unit is in the bedroom, so if the bedroom door is closed, it is significantly cooler in the bedroom than in the living room or kitchen.

Gail and Rodney were perfect hosts. They gave great recommendations for local eateries, they made sure had access to the complementary beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, and beach toys (these are nothing special, but perfectly usable and way better than packing your own), and when we accidentally left half of our baby monitor behind, Gail mailed it home to us free of charge! Good luck getting the big boys to give that kind of service!

My best friend and I made use of the rooftop deck. The view is not spectacular, but it's a great place to spend an evening with a beverage or two. There is comfortable furniture, nicely maintained plants, and a small waterfall for white noise. There are also chaise lounges for daytime sunbathing.

The location is perfect. Even with our twins and all of our beach stuff, it was an easy walk to the beach, and the Clearwater Beach is one of my favorite in all of Florida. There are plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. Parking is free at the Blue Wave, which is often a hassle in Clearwater Beach.

My only regret about our stay is that my buddy had to get back to his meeting and we couldn't stay another night. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We had the corner room on the ground floor, which probably had a little extra square footage.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
East Lyme, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We had a great time over April break at the Blue Wave Motel! It's a two block walk to a less-crowded section of the beach and just about everything else. Rodney and Gail couldn't have been nicer to our two boys-candy and beach toys, and they were happy! We will definitely be back the next time we visit Clearwater.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Blue Wave Motel Suites? Share your experiences!