“Beach Getaway on a Meager Budget” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Gulf Beach Inn

You added Gulf Beach Inn to your Saves list
Gulf Beach Inn
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   415 Coronado Drive, Clearwater, FL 33767 (Formerly Falcon Motel)   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Clearwater B&B and Inns
Cleveland, Ohio
“Beach Getaway on a Meager Budget”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My stay at the Gulf Beach Inn was exactly what I expected it to be. It was not a luxuriant resort by any means, it was simply basic. I got exactly what I paid for: a place to get some sleep at night with a functioning shower. Otherwise I spent the majority of my time away from the motel and on the beach. It was perfect for coming in from the beach, showering, changing and then heading back out again to do something else. If you are on a budget and need only the bare necessities this is the place for you. I did not use their pool, or lounge area so I cannot say much about that. The parking lot was being re-paved, but they did offer two nearby alternatives which I had received a parking pass for.

The sheets and towels were clean (I think?)but very worn/faded. I was not pleased by the fact that there wasn't daily or even every other day housekeeping service. This meant I needed to make my own bed, and that I slept on the same sheets/used the same towels for three days straight. Not the best situation to be in when you're on a beach tracking sand in and out of your room constantly. It should at least be vacuumed and swept once a day. Another thing I would keep in mind is that you should bring your own toiletries clothes hangers, if and blow dryer.

The WiFi signal wasn't very strong in my room, and I later saw a sign saying that one should not expect to use the signal if they are not situated right near the pool. So, perhaps I should be happy I got any signal at all.

The lighting situation in the main bedroom was a little frustrating, if the drapes were left open you had plenty of natural light, but in order to dress, or have some privacy you must close them and then your only source of light were two bedside lamps. So ultimately you had to leave those drapes open most of the time.

Basically I'll sum up my stay as an okay one. I would only recommend staying here if it is simply not within your budget to spend more on accommodations and you desperately need a quick getaway. From what I've seen of the other motels nearby at this price point they all seem to be about the same. The best thing about this place is the location, you are literally two minutes walking distance from the beach which is a very big plus.

I would also like to add that when I stayed here I used a cab driver that I found via another trip advisor review. His name is Steve and he is just fantastic! He was very flexible about picking/dropping me off from the airport and very reasonable (at $45 each way). I will definitely use him again, I emailed him at: Shart14@tampabay.rr.com. He got back to me within 24 hours. Let him know Megan from Cleveland referred you!

P.S. I am a young single female student traveled alone, so I was pleased that I did feel secure/safe and that my room locked up to my satisfaction at night.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor, the fixtures in the bathroom and shower seemed dated but at least m...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
TheGulfBeachInn, Front Office Manager at Gulf Beach Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2014
Thank you for your comments.
We are now under new management, we are doing renovations in all the rooms, we have added 2 parking areas at either side of our property. We have housekeeping service every day now. We have desk agents on property from 8am to 12am to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.

If you come back to Clearwater Beach and decide to give us another chance, please do not hesitate to call us at 727-447-8714 or email us at thegulfbeachinn@gmail.com directly and mention that you have stayed with us in the past.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE. The location is great but the service from owners is not worth it. I came in with three other over 21 year olds and the owner was immediately rude and prejudiced against us. He actually told us that he believed we were there to do something illegal. There was absolutely no basis for him to say something like this to us, except that we were younger people without our parents (WE WERE ALL OF AGE!!!). When we got there, we parked in the nearest dirt parking area, thinking it was connected to the hotel. When two of us went in to check in, he said he was going to tow us for parking on someone else's land, EVEN THOUGH THAT WAS THE HOTEL'S PARKING LOT. When I explained this, he said I hadn't finished the room check in process yet, so until I got the keys from him (this is as I was standing at the desk, filling out paperwork), I was not permitted to park on his property. He does not care about his guests what so ever, and eventually told us to stay somewhere else and took the keys, after charging me for the room. It was honestly the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. Do not believe anyone who says the staff is accommodating and friendly. I have never met anyone who is more the OPPOSITE of this description than the owner of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments and we apologize for any issues you may have had.

We are now under new management, we are doing renovations in all the rooms, we have added 2 parking areas at either side of our property. We have desk agents on property from 8am to 12am to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was our second visit to the Gulf Beach Inn.Jay & Sandy were great and made us feel welcome.For an older establishment it is very well maintained and the location is close to the beach & dining.A great value and personalized service.We will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I did not know that such a horrible place is exist in United States I was in Bosnia right after war and rented a hotel and it was like a White House compare to that one that is a 1 terrible place its like a cave and when I wanted to cancel my reservation they charge me penalty of $80 I stayed one night there that night it was raining and the water was coming in to the close window the windows are literally from 1900 or late 1800 that hotel is not working even $20 a night

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Riverview, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I booked this room for one night so I could be near the beach. I paid $120 for a room with 2 beds. When I arrived, the room had one bed, not even queen size, and it did not even have a comforter on it. I had four people in my room. There was no phone in the room. The tile floor was dirty. I was told that the rooms with 2 beds were first come, first served, even though I specifically requested 2 beds. I got a rollaway bed for free, which comfortably fit a very small person or a large dog, neither of which we had staying there. I had to use an inflatable bed. The front desk clerk was not very friendly. The parking lot was a grassy field. The room had a window unit a/c. I would never go back to this hotel. Nicer hotel across the street for about same price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Croswell, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Jay who works the front desk is very pleasant and also very accommodating . We have stayed at the Gulf Beach Inn for two vacations. The rooms are always clean and the King size bed was very comfortable. Sandy and Jay are always so friendly and treat us just like family. Also the location is close to the beach and Pier 60. The restaurants and shops are within walking distance and you can take the shuttle bus for $4.50 a day therefore no need for renting a car. We had such a great vacation. Thank you.

Cordially, Tim and Barb Michiganders

Room Tip: Pool side very relaxing and nice scenery from the gardens
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments.

If you come back to Clearwater Beach, please do not hesitate to call us at 727-447-8714 or email us at thegulfbeachinn@gmail.com directly and mention that you have stayed with us in the past.

Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

LOVE this place. This is my second year staying here. There is a group of 7of us that meet here and have a wonderful time always. Coach Jay and Mrs A (Sandy) were very accommodating to anything we needed. They gave us excellent recommendations on places to eat again this year, Loved every place we went! The location is close to everything you need. I am a flight attendant and stay in nice hotels all the time. No this is not a 5-Star Hilton but it is the best place I've been for the most relaxing vacation of my life. We will be doing it every year. We get the same rooms and its great. They have remodeled some of the rooms, even the dated rooms are all clean, Already have our reservations made for next April! Can't wait!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you.

Been to Gulf Beach Inn? Share your experiences!