“WORST SERVICE EVER” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Gulf Beach Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Gulf Beach Inn to your Saves list
Gulf Beach Inn
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   415 Coronado Drive, Clearwater, FL 33767 (Formerly Falcon Motel)   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Clearwater B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“WORST SERVICE EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE. The location is great but the service from owners is not worth it. I came in with three other over 21 year olds and the owner was immediately rude and prejudiced against us. He actually told us that he believed we were there to do something illegal. There was absolutely no basis for him to say something like this to us, except that we were younger people without our parents (WE WERE ALL OF AGE!!!). When we got there, we parked in the nearest dirt parking area, thinking it was connected to the hotel. When two of us went in to check in, he said he was going to tow us for parking on someone else's land, EVEN THOUGH THAT WAS THE HOTEL'S PARKING LOT. When I explained this, he said I hadn't finished the room check in process yet, so until I got the keys from him (this is as I was standing at the desk, filling out paperwork), I was not permitted to park on his property. He does not care about his guests what so ever, and eventually told us to stay somewhere else and took the keys, after charging me for the room. It was honestly the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. Do not believe anyone who says the staff is accommodating and friendly. I have never met anyone who is more the OPPOSITE of this description than the owner of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
TheGulfBeachInn, Front Office Manager at Gulf Beach Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2014
Thank you for your comments and we apologize for any issues you may have had.

We are now under new management, we are doing renovations in all the rooms, we have added 2 parking areas at either side of our property. We have desk agents on property from 8am to 12am to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.

If you come back to Clearwater Beach and decide to give us another chance, please do not hesitate to call us at 727-447-8714 or email us at thegulfbeachinn@gmail.com directly and mention that you have stayed with us in the past.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was our second visit to the Gulf Beach Inn.Jay & Sandy were great and made us feel welcome.For an older establishment it is very well maintained and the location is close to the beach & dining.A great value and personalized service.We will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I did not know that such a horrible place is exist in United States I was in Bosnia right after war and rented a hotel and it was like a White House compare to that one that is a 1 terrible place its like a cave and when I wanted to cancel my reservation they charge me penalty of $80 I stayed one night there that night it was raining and the water was coming in to the close window the windows are literally from 1900 or late 1800 that hotel is not working even $20 a night

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Riverview, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I booked this room for one night so I could be near the beach. I paid $120 for a room with 2 beds. When I arrived, the room had one bed, not even queen size, and it did not even have a comforter on it. I had four people in my room. There was no phone in the room. The tile floor was dirty. I was told that the rooms with 2 beds were first come, first served, even though I specifically requested 2 beds. I got a rollaway bed for free, which comfortably fit a very small person or a large dog, neither of which we had staying there. I had to use an inflatable bed. The front desk clerk was not very friendly. The parking lot was a grassy field. The room had a window unit a/c. I would never go back to this hotel. Nicer hotel across the street for about same price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Croswell, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Jay who works the front desk is very pleasant and also very accommodating . We have stayed at the Gulf Beach Inn for two vacations. The rooms are always clean and the King size bed was very comfortable. Sandy and Jay are always so friendly and treat us just like family. Also the location is close to the beach and Pier 60. The restaurants and shops are within walking distance and you can take the shuttle bus for $4.50 a day therefore no need for renting a car. We had such a great vacation. Thank you.

Cordially, Tim and Barb Michiganders

Room Tip: Pool side very relaxing and nice scenery from the gardens
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments.

If you come back to Clearwater Beach, please do not hesitate to call us at 727-447-8714 or email us at thegulfbeachinn@gmail.com directly and mention that you have stayed with us in the past.

Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

LOVE this place. This is my second year staying here. There is a group of 7of us that meet here and have a wonderful time always. Coach Jay and Mrs A (Sandy) were very accommodating to anything we needed. They gave us excellent recommendations on places to eat again this year, Loved every place we went! The location is close to everything you need. I am a flight attendant and stay in nice hotels all the time. No this is not a 5-Star Hilton but it is the best place I've been for the most relaxing vacation of my life. We will be doing it every year. We get the same rooms and its great. They have remodeled some of the rooms, even the dated rooms are all clean, Already have our reservations made for next April! Can't wait!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I usually do not write bad reviews, but this hotel is a real dump. All of the hotels at the beach were booked, so I went for this rat hole. I paid $120 per night. When I was trying to check in at 4pm room was not ready, even though check in is at 3pm. Apparently clerk at the front desk is the owner of this dump and he can be quite rude. He said that check in is when room is ready not at 3pm. We also had problem with door lock and it took him half a day to fix it, no urgency. At the check out I had to wait until he finished all important convo with another beach bum. AC does not work in the room and thee is no phone. Door does not shut all the way. Avoid this dump at all cost.

Stayed April 2014

Thank you.

Been to Gulf Beach Inn? Share your experiences!