“Would never recommend it to anybody” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Gulf Beach Inn

You added Gulf Beach Inn to your Saves list
Gulf Beach Inn
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   415 Coronado Drive, Clearwater, FL 33767 (Formerly Falcon Motel)   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Clearwater B&B and Inns
“Would never recommend it to anybody”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I did not know that such a horrible place is exist in United States I was in Bosnia right after war and rented a hotel and it was like a White House compare to that one that is a 1 terrible place its like a cave and when I wanted to cancel my reservation they charge me penalty of $80 I stayed one night there that night it was raining and the water was coming in to the close window the windows are literally from 1900 or late 1800 that hotel is not working even $20 a night

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Riverview, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I booked this room for one night so I could be near the beach. I paid $120 for a room with 2 beds. When I arrived, the room had one bed, not even queen size, and it did not even have a comforter on it. I had four people in my room. There was no phone in the room. The tile floor was dirty. I was told that the rooms with 2 beds were first come, first served, even though I specifically requested 2 beds. I got a rollaway bed for free, which comfortably fit a very small person or a large dog, neither of which we had staying there. I had to use an inflatable bed. The front desk clerk was not very friendly. The parking lot was a grassy field. The room had a window unit a/c. I would never go back to this hotel. Nicer hotel across the street for about same price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Croswell, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Jay who works the front desk is very pleasant and also very accommodating . We have stayed at the Gulf Beach Inn for two vacations. The rooms are always clean and the King size bed was very comfortable. Sandy and Jay are always so friendly and treat us just like family. Also the location is close to the beach and Pier 60. The restaurants and shops are within walking distance and you can take the shuttle bus for $4.50 a day therefore no need for renting a car. We had such a great vacation. Thank you.

Cordially, Tim and Barb Michiganders

Room Tip: Pool side very relaxing and nice scenery from the gardens
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

LOVE this place. This is my second year staying here. There is a group of 7of us that meet here and have a wonderful time always. Coach Jay and Mrs A (Sandy) were very accommodating to anything we needed. They gave us excellent recommendations on places to eat again this year, Loved every place we went! The location is close to everything you need. I am a flight attendant and stay in nice hotels all the time. No this is not a 5-Star Hilton but it is the best place I've been for the most relaxing vacation of my life. We will be doing it every year. We get the same rooms and its great. They have remodeled some of the rooms, even the dated rooms are all clean, Already have our reservations made for next April! Can't wait!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I usually do not write bad reviews, but this hotel is a real dump. All of the hotels at the beach were booked, so I went for this rat hole. I paid $120 per night. When I was trying to check in at 4pm room was not ready, even though check in is at 3pm. Apparently clerk at the front desk is the owner of this dump and he can be quite rude. He said that check in is when room is ready not at 3pm. We also had problem with door lock and it took him half a day to fix it, no urgency. At the check out I had to wait until he finished all important convo with another beach bum. AC does not work in the room and thee is no phone. Door does not shut all the way. Avoid this dump at all cost.

Stayed April 2014
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I'd definitely recommend to all ages and families to stay here. The hotel itself has real charm and character. It's a great alternative to the large hotels on Clearwater Beach. "Coach Jay" the Inn Manager and his wife Sandy were friendly, professional and most accommodating in make our extended stay a pleasant experience. They offered so many great tips and we really enjoyed discovering new places on the beach. The Bedroom had a comfortable bed, bathroom and living area was clean and large.Our room had a nice kitchenette with micro and full size refridgerator. A real value and the location is perfect. Walking distance to several restaurants,bars,shops and the beach is a short walk away. The room rate was unbeatable, with free parking and wifi in common area...Great Guest Service!!! We can't wait to visit our Second Home away from home again.............Thank you again
As Always ,
Phyllis from Canada

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool are always great.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We would recommend the Gulf Beach Inn to any friend or family member for a relaxing affordable weekend amongst genuine people. Is it the Hyatt? No... but does a hotel like that treat you like extended family? Does the Ritz Carlton even remember your name after check-in? You get much much more in true value at the Gulf Beach Inn on what is important in life, and we shall visit our new friends there again in 6 months. Thank you for the warm memories......

Your friends from Cleveland Ohio, Ramo and Jwow

P.S. Have the negative people stay across the street where they will fit right in :-)

Room Tip: Be polite and your may receive what you ask for.....even the same day
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Gulf Beach Inn? Share your experiences!