“Nice comfortable bar with pool table freindly” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Clearwater, Florida
“Nice comfortable bar with pool table freindly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I had a good time the bartender was nice , played some pool and the food was good.comfortable place.

clearwter
“Great band lively croward”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Bartenders were amazing . Great local hang out, atmosphere was great walking distance to beach. Upbeat and fun definitely will go back. The band that night had everyone moving. Prices are very reasonable.

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

stopped by with my wife for couple of drinks and a pizza and the Pizza was GREAT, we sat at the patio and it was pet friendly. our server was friendly and on top of things. Great food, Great service, fun place.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“A First Hand Look...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Usually when I find a place with a bunch of bad reviews where I'm traveling, my urge is to stop by and look at the train wreck. I tried that here and was pleasantly disappointed.

First off, the food was okay (not saying great) and was decently priced. Its what you expect when you're looking for burgers, fries and a drink and not going for fast food. This was mid-afternoon and we sat at tables outside to enjoy the little bit of sun. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Second plan of attack came after dark. Shephards was right next to our hotel and obnoxiously loud. I was told by someone in the hotel this was normal and just wait till after 2:30am to go to sleep. Absurd. So we figured we'd see what crawled into Billy Ds when the sun set. We could hardly get in. There was a live band that had the place packed. Good enough we were sure some of the people present were groupies that followed them around. The band played till almost 11pm.

While we listened to the live group, one of our troop made his way to the bar to order us drinks. I'll admit that was a chore with the throng of people, but they pour the drinks STRONG. Don't double up your order till you finish your first or you're going to walk sideways back to your hotel.

When the band packed up, a little over half the place emptied out. We talked with a group at the table next to us and found this tended to be the locals bar on the south end of the beach. And a number of people that work at the hotels and restaurants come here after work to unwind. We didn't find anything shady. No dirt bags hanging out (not to say there weren't a couple of weird ones).

All in all, a fairly normal bar with average people willing to talk with anyone present. Not the hole in the wall I was expecting from other reviews. But mine's just my opinion, and you know what they say about those. Your best bet isn't to go by what anyone says on here about this bar. Go take a look at it for yourself.

Next time we have a beach convention, we'll be back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, Florida
“A lot of fun great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I went to Billy d's to grab a quick bite an a weekend night and my experience was fantastic. There was a guy and a girl behind the bar and they were the nicest people. The food was fantastic