“Take your segway adventures elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Segway Tours, Adventure
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Tampa, Florida
“Take your segway adventures elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

I have read all of the reviews for this segway adventure, and I cannot believe everyone had such a fantastic experience. I have done segway tours in the past, and this one was the WORST I have ever been on. The tour guide was the MOST rude guide I have ever encountered in my ten years of traveling. He was a red head man from Boston, and if you get him as a guide run the other way. He yelled at all of us in the group for our amture segway skills. He did not provide any positive feedback and he even scolded us for making mistakes. Additionally, the tour only last 90 minutes instead of 2 hours due to the "lacK" of skills of our group. He went on to tell us we were the worst group he has ever had, yet he did not even think that it was his leadership tactics that was the reason we could not live up to his standards. Furthermore, he had his ipod in his ears the ENTIRE time, and he did NOT tell us ANYTHING about the city or area. We did not go on the beaches or to any fantastic park. We literally went up and down the main street and down residence streets. It was entirely a waste of my money and time. I could have given a better tour of the area than this man gave us. To top it off, he belittled us the entire journey and made us terrified of segwaying again. I cannot imagine how the man can continue to have a job with such a horrible attitude and lack of friendliness. When we asked him to stop so we could to take a picture, he did not stop and we never got the picture of us as a group. To say I was disppointed is an understatement, and I would never recommend this tour to anyone else. There was nothing "advenurous" or "tour" about it. Take your segway adventures elsewhere!!

Visited January 2011

Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Great Idea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

Superb tuition and great value for money. Fantastic way to see Clearwater and very safe

O'Fallon,Illinois
“Incredibly fun and easy !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

My wife and i did the Segway adventure for 2 hours and LOVED it, I was a little worried about my wife, but within minutes she was zipping around like a pro on the machine. Our guide was terrific, sorry, wish I could remember his name, super nice guy with an English accent, took us through different areas of Clearwater and around the beach and pier areas. We went across the tall, long bridge on the bay and were able to easily navigate the spiral walkway to the bottom. any one who may be thinking of doing this, I would not hesitate to recommend this company ot the adventure itself, it is truly the fun way to see the area. If you are in need of good advice for a place to eat, the guide is also very helpful, he told us of a great place to eat, and even called and made a reservation for us.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great way to see Clearwater!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Fun! We had 2 days to spend in Clearwater and didn't know what was around. We rented the the Segways for half a day and were able to cruise all over the place and see what was around. The staff taught us how to ride and made sure we were comfortable using the machines. Not only did we have a blast riding around and sightseeing, we were also still able to park them and do things like eat, shop, swim at the beach. It was really a cool experience!

Wellesley, Massachusetts
16 attraction reviews
“Segway Rental great activity for teenagers!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

My two teenagers and I rented 3 off-road Segways for an hour at Clearwater Gliders and had great time! The rental process was easy and the employees were terrific and helpful! Rentals a great option for kids not interested in guided tours. Would recommend renting either early or late in the day, particularly during summer months in Florida as it does get hot! All in all, a fun time!