“Worst Massage Ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clearwater Salon & Spa

Clearwater Salon & Spa
1245 S. Missouri Ave, Clearwater, FL 33756 (Formerly Berry Beautiful Salon & Spa)
+1 727-585-7565
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Pamper yourself with a relaxing massage, facial or pedicure in a comfortable relaxing environment. Let our licensed, experienced professionals make your "me" day one that one you will always remember. Located on Missouri Avenue in the Clearwater Plaza, next door to Big Lots, Clearwater Salon & Spa has experienced staff of Massage Therapists, Skincare Specialists and Nail Technicians. We can handle that special occasion or just a day R&R. Our experts are also available for on-site packages of many of our services. We specialize in weddings and special events. Call today for a consultation with an events coordinator.
Largo, Florida
17 attraction reviews
“Worst Massage Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I scheduled an appointment with the male massage tech after he refused to schedule a massage with my husband. Everything about the process was awkward. Like the some other reviews I read, the gentleman focused primarily on my back and only spent a few minutes working on my forearms. The time spent working on my back was mostly using one hand while he was sitting down. He asked about the pressure three times and each time I told him that he could use more pressure but he didn't adjust it to a point where I could really feel much of a difference, so I gave up asking. The massage was done mostly with a towel between his hand and my skin, which was uncomfortable and weird. It mostly felt like he was completely untrained because my son does better back massages than the one I got. The worst part was that I was lying there on my stomach hoping the massage would just end soon. It was just that bad. I've never felt that way about a massage before, so needless to say, I won't ever return.

Visited July 2013
LargoDaySpa, Owner at Clearwater Salon & Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
The staff member in question was let go shortly after these issues were brought to our attention.

Gulfport, Florida, United States
“Fun & terrific manicure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had a terrific time having my fingernails done today by an equally terrific tech. I entered the spa thinking I'd simply have a new shellac coating; I left the spa with a three-colored design that was daring for me and quite exciting. I was entertained and educated during the process and found that time flew. The prices are very competitive and the service was excellent.

Visited May 2013
“Very UNPROFESSIONAL & TERRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I bought groupons for deep tissue massages at Berry Beautiful Spa in Clearwater. Which was far from relaxing. We were never asked to fill out paperwork. I had a male therapist my husband had female and we were in separate rooms. One huge red flag was that the male massage therapist told me I could be on top of the sheet or under it. UNPROFESSIONAL. He gave me maybe a minute to change and be ready for the massage. He made me extremely uncomfortable with the way he moved the sheet. He massaged my back with me face up and was practically on top of me when I stopped him. He acted completely innocent, but there was something not right about the entire service. I have had plenty of professional massages before even with male therapist and have never felt so disgusted and violated. I wish I would have left half way through it was so uncomfortable to sit through. When we were leaving I found out my husband's massage was less than satisfactory as well. What a waste of time and money. This place should not be in business!!

Visited May 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Completely disappointed and will not be returning!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I purchased 2 60 minute deep tissue massages on Groupon for this spa; one for me and one for my boyfriend. I am usually skeptical about trying new salons/spas but figured I would give this place a shot as it was close to my house and what seemed like a great deal, $32 for each. We showed up and filled out the usual paperwork. While waiting, the owner offered us each a glass of wine. Seemed nice. We waited for about 15 - 20 minutes after our scheduled appointment times, in which the owner proceeded to tell us his entire life story, how he is recently divorced, is also an accountant, and goes on cruises every year. I had a male massage therapist and my boyfriend had a female. We both left there and talked about our less than satisfied experiences. After I was shown the room where my massage would take place, he walked out to let me unchange, and not even 60 seconds later, walked back in while I was still standing there, completely in the nude. I should have known then that this place was extremely unprofessional . I have had numerous massages over the years and always felt comfortable; not this time. Being a female, a male massage therapist should be very aware of his female clients comfort levels. This was not the case. I actually feel a bit violated and discusted. My boyfriend didn't even get a "deep tissue" massage, which was the main reason for purchasing this groupon. His massage therapist, if that's what you can even call her, did nothing but rub his skin around and around. It must not have even been for an hour because I went in before him and he was already done and waiting in the lobby for 10 minutes before my massage was finished. On top of that, when we went to leave, I gave the owner a cash tip to cover both of us. After leaving, my boyfriend told me he had already tipped her, so she got double tipped for half the service! Needless to say, I will NOT be returning for any services and will be telling this to everyone I know so that they do not go through this horrible experience.

Tampa, Florida
19 attraction reviews
“Friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I went to the Berry Spa for their Imperial package with my mom who got the same. I chose a 90 min pedicure, 90 min massage and a body wrap. The wrap was the only service that lasted the described amount of time. The massage and pedicure was more like 60-65 minutes. There aren't clocks around so by the time we realized we were shorted a third of the service we were already dressed again or out of that services area. We did not complain so maybe they would have adjusted the price of something if we had. We basically got the next package down, which was $75 cheaper. Everyone working there was super nice and we chatted with the owner, who was great as well. I would recommend trying this place out, but be mindful that you are getting all that you paid for.

Visited October 2012