“Beautiful New Hotel on the Beach” 5 of 5 stars

One Suite Deal
Ranked #8 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Beautiful New Hotel on the Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Very nice hotel, huge rooms, and great views. Its a large pink building rising from the sand. Good staff. Plenty to do on site, go to the 8th floor pool and watch the sunset. My corner room had 2 balconies large enough to seat 6 people each and full kitchen.

Room Tip: South facing rooms get lots of sun.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear PotatoMasher:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed everything from our large guestrooms to the fantastic views they provided. We hope to welcome you back for another getaway!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

1,036 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Harpenden, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Some people love big resort hotels, but they don't appeal much to me, so maybe I shouldn't have made the reservation. This one looks like a big pink block of social housing, but it's in a nice position just across a small road from the incredible sandy beach, and eight minutes or so walk from the pier. Because the hotel had failed to provide a special bathroom (as I had booked) for my disabled wife, they transferred us to the only suitable available room - a two-bedroom suite with no less than two balconies, 3 televisions, 3 bathrooms, and seating for half the population of Florida, and, to their credit, the hotel did this without fuss or complaint. The suite was furnished luxuriously and tastefully in a very acceptable "posh hotel" style. The second balcony - with sunbeds - was a bit of a waste as the sun never got to it (nor to the first one either, thanks to the size of the opposite wing of the building) and the view was of the other wing of the hotel, but I could see the sea to the right in the distance. The room overlooked the pool, and one of the worst aspects of the stay was the all-day long recorded music which hotel managements in the USA believe is essential; if only hotels could leave us guests in peace.

Public areas were very smart, and both dinner and breakfast were good, if not inexpensive, and the staff were friendly and helpful. Parking is $16 a day ($20 for valet parking), but this is reasonable because you use an adjacent public multi-storey.

So there is nothing much to complain about, but I was glad to leave. I got fed up with the view of pink concrete, and the awful pre-Christmas music.

Room Tip: Be aware that many rooms look over the pool at the other wing of the hotel, and only have an oblique...
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've traveled to Clearwater Beach since 1974 and stayed her the last three years and can honestly say this is clearly the best place to stay on Clearwater Beach. The last three years we have come with my daughter and stayed at the Hyatt. We arrived at 9:00 at night and enjoyed a wonderful dinner of local seafood at Shore. The next day we went for a jog on the beach in the morning and enjoyed cocktails with a great view of the Gulf of Mexico at the bar by the pool in the afternoon. The staff was extremely friendly and the room was immaculate. I would recommend this Resort to anyone and look forward to returning myself.

Room Tip: Request a room on the West Side of the building for best view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
I really appreciate your kind words. It’s always a pleasure to hear when our guests have an outstanding experience at our property. I’m pleased that you found the staff to be extremely friendly and your guestroom to be well appointed. It sounds like you enjoyed your dinner at our restaurant Shor. Shor offers delicious cuisine and terrific service. Your recommendation is our greatest compliment. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Clearwater!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We did not stay at the hotel but dined as a large group at the Shor Restaurant. The food was fabulous and the service was excellent. Our two year old daughter was very tired and crying. I thought we would have to leave the celebratory dinner, but the hostess (unfortunately cannot remember her name) and our server, Jason went above and beyond to make our daughter feel better. They brought her toys, items to color with and a cookie. She cheered up within minutes and we were able to enjoy the evening with our family. When it was time to leave there was one toy that my daughter did not want to part with. Jason asked the hostess who said we were welcome to take it with us. As a manager in the hospitality industry I have very high standards for service. I was blown away by how accommodating the staff at Shor was and look forward to returning!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear mdespard:

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent dining experience at our SHOR restaurant. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the delicious food that our experienced Chef's catered to your group. We hope to have an opportunity to host you as a guest for a relaxing getaway!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Another great Florida hotel and again easy to sample the delights of the best beaches (Gulf Coast) in the world.
So good-
Large airy rooms
Beautiful reception and friendly service/concierge
Loved it so much we booked an extra night
Great views from the 10th floor room over the Gulf
Great nights sleep
Good well equipped gym
Amazing roof top jacuzzi area to watch the beautiful sunsets
No good-
If anything and this is being really picky, I found the car park tricky to negotiate!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are perfectly acceptable!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed so many different things about our hotel. We're pleased you enjoyed our suite styled rooms and the gorgeous views our hotel offers. Please feel free to contact us if you need any future assistance.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate
Panama City Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

For me the first impression is the one that sticks on all my trips. I return to ths area every year during late fall. Checked in Sunday, December 2 and was told I was on 17 th floor facing views of intercostal. I was a little surprised since I always stay oceanfront. My surprise was obvious since the front desk agent asked if I did not like this location. I told her no, I wanted oceanfront overlooking pool. I was promptly told those rooms are only 1 bedroom suites and up so here are your keys....next. I hesitated knowing I am always greeted by name and a glass of champagne rather than a stiff agent who cares less about my desire for a room choice. I would have gladly payed a upgrade price had it been offered especially since the hotel is less than 40% occupied and I really looked forward to my champagne welcome. Next, the 17th floor south building. This is the only floor with no private balcony nor a cover over the balcony meaning it is hot hot hot. The sun shines on this side of hotel with the uncovered balcony nearly unbearable to sit during day, additionally this floor looks right over top of parking garage. Nice hotel but avoid this floor. Flip side, the dining is superb. Shor has the best food in Clearwater. The chef and her team cook out in dining room. The experience was undeniably amazing and the food will make you faint it is so good. Nice hotel, check where your room is, don't be afraid to ask for upgrade and try the food. Lastly, do remember there are lots of great places to stay in this area including the Don Cesar, don't commit here until service once again becomes priority.

Room Tip: Avoid 17 th floor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Spent 4 days here in November 2012 for work. Check-in staff were friendly, courteous and efficient and there was the complimentary glass of champagne or bottle of water offered. I had two queen beds on the North side facing the pier. Nice balcony with split view of the beach, gulf and pier one direction and the marina the other. A nice, fully furnished kitchen like I always wished we had when we were traveling with young kids. One drawback was the icemaker was turned off so no ice upon arrival and no ice machines on the premises. Also, the in-house convenience store was closed and moved across the street, but with shorter evening hours so ended up going to the store next door for soda and a bag of ice. One of my comforters had an unpleasant, apparently relatively fresh stain that was missed by housekeeping.
We had daily meetings and meals provided with a great variety of offerings for the meals and snack breaks. Again, the wait staff were great! Visited a few of the rooms that other folks were in and as nice as mine was, there are some fantastic rooms available that I didn't stay in. (Corner units with two balconies, full suites, etc.) i did have a beverage and meal at Swim which is also a great location to hang out. The ground level access from the beachside is a little disjointed, with a two stage elevator process, but did the trick. Several restaurants close enough to walk to as well as the beach shop area. Did eat a few doors down at Frenchy's and found it ok. Actually had a better meal at the Holiday Inn down the street a ways with their deck right on the water and live music, had the sunset been visible, it would have been unbeatable.
The business center printer was down when wanted to print boarding pass, but the desk staff were quick and efficient at completing the airline checkin and printed the pass. Was not able to take full advantage of the beach location, pool,cabana and spa services. The beach was groomed daily and was the soft white sands of the gulf. Not much shelling right there. Did see dolphins not far off-shore.
This was a great stay.

Room Tip: Pick a corner room for double the outside options or if you have several people or people to meet wi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for providing such a detailed review regarding your recent stay at our property. It’s always a delight to read when our guests have an outstanding experience at our hotel. It sounds like you found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I’m glad that you enjoyed your guestroom and found it to be well appointed. I apologize for the stain that was found on your comforter. I’ll be sure to let our housekeeping staff know about this issue. Our guests feedback is very important to us as it will help us to continue and improve our overall guest satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property on your next visit to Clearwater!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!