“Normally I give this hotel 5 stars” 3 of 5 stars

One Suite Deal
Ranked #9 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersGold level
Panama City Beach
“Normally I give this hotel 5 stars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

For me the first impression is the one that sticks on all my trips. I return to ths area every year during late fall. Checked in Sunday, December 2 and was told I was on 17 th floor facing views of intercostal. I was a little surprised since I always stay oceanfront. My surprise was obvious since the front desk agent asked if I did not like this location. I told her no, I wanted oceanfront overlooking pool. I was promptly told those rooms are only 1 bedroom suites and up so here are your keys....next. I hesitated knowing I am always greeted by name and a glass of champagne rather than a stiff agent who cares less about my desire for a room choice. I would have gladly payed a upgrade price had it been offered especially since the hotel is less than 40% occupied and I really looked forward to my champagne welcome. Next, the 17th floor south building. This is the only floor with no private balcony nor a cover over the balcony meaning it is hot hot hot. The sun shines on this side of hotel with the uncovered balcony nearly unbearable to sit during day, additionally this floor looks right over top of parking garage. Nice hotel but avoid this floor. Flip side, the dining is superb. Shor has the best food in Clearwater. The chef and her team cook out in dining room. The experience was undeniably amazing and the food will make you faint it is so good. Nice hotel, check where your room is, don't be afraid to ask for upgrade and try the food. Lastly, do remember there are lots of great places to stay in this area including the Don Cesar, don't commit here until service once again becomes priority.

Room Tip: Avoid 17 th floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Spent 4 days here in November 2012 for work. Check-in staff were friendly, courteous and efficient and there was the complimentary glass of champagne or bottle of water offered. I had two queen beds on the North side facing the pier. Nice balcony with split view of the beach, gulf and pier one direction and the marina the other. A nice, fully furnished kitchen like I always wished we had when we were traveling with young kids. One drawback was the icemaker was turned off so no ice upon arrival and no ice machines on the premises. Also, the in-house convenience store was closed and moved across the street, but with shorter evening hours so ended up going to the store next door for soda and a bag of ice. One of my comforters had an unpleasant, apparently relatively fresh stain that was missed by housekeeping.
We had daily meetings and meals provided with a great variety of offerings for the meals and snack breaks. Again, the wait staff were great! Visited a few of the rooms that other folks were in and as nice as mine was, there are some fantastic rooms available that I didn't stay in. (Corner units with two balconies, full suites, etc.) i did have a beverage and meal at Swim which is also a great location to hang out. The ground level access from the beachside is a little disjointed, with a two stage elevator process, but did the trick. Several restaurants close enough to walk to as well as the beach shop area. Did eat a few doors down at Frenchy's and found it ok. Actually had a better meal at the Holiday Inn down the street a ways with their deck right on the water and live music, had the sunset been visible, it would have been unbeatable.
The business center printer was down when wanted to print boarding pass, but the desk staff were quick and efficient at completing the airline checkin and printed the pass. Was not able to take full advantage of the beach location, pool,cabana and spa services. The beach was groomed daily and was the soft white sands of the gulf. Not much shelling right there. Did see dolphins not far off-shore.
This was a great stay.

Room Tip: Pick a corner room for double the outside options or if you have several people or people to meet wi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for providing such a detailed review regarding your recent stay at our property. It’s always a delight to read when our guests have an outstanding experience at our hotel. It sounds like you found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I’m glad that you enjoyed your guestroom and found it to be well appointed. I apologize for the stain that was found on your comforter. I’ll be sure to let our housekeeping staff know about this issue. Our guests feedback is very important to us as it will help us to continue and improve our overall guest satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property on your next visit to Clearwater!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
East Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The service here was exceptional. On checkin, we were treated to a glass of champagne. Our room had a balcony with a perfect view of the beach and the bay. My only complaint was with the bottom sheet on my bed, which was too small and wouldn't stay tucked in.
There is a variety of restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Floor 16 is great view, north side facing Pier 60.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review. We're pleased you had a wonderful time. Our hotel offers beautiful ocean views and we're glad you were able to take advantage. We hope to welcome you again.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned from our honeymoon after staying at the hyatt regency in Clearwater. This amazing hotel is located directly on the beach facing the golden sands of the Gulf of Mexico. Throughout our stay, the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. They have exceptional customer service skills and cater for all your needs. The room we had was amazing. We stayed in one of the premium guest rooms, it's hard to not be disappointed. This room has a large living area with a separate kitchen area. A large bedroom and two bathrooms. We also had a balcony with beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico. We could easily have moved in there. All the staff at the hotel were brilliant and could not have made us feel more welcome. Overall a wonderful honeymoon in an amazing hotel in a beautiful place. Thank you hyatt.

• Stayed November 2012
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your honeymoon. We're pleased you had a wonderful time. It's great to hear our staff made you feel right at home during your visit. We hope to welcome you back to Hyatt soon.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate
Isle of Skye Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Hyatt Clearwater Beach really is a beautiful hotel. Clean and well maintained. Nice friendly staff. We arrived here after staying at the Ritz Carlton Sarasota and the Hyatt outshone it's more expensive rival in many ways. We stayed in February 2012 and are returning in November. The fact we are travelling 4,500 miles to stay here says it all,really.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear vacman100:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your time spent with us. Our employees will be recognized for the terrific customer service. Hyatt takes great pride with this. We're delighted to have you coming back with us again!

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel. It is centrally located on Clearwater Beach. The hotel is extremely clean, really, really clean! The staff was very nice and very helpful. They always greeted you, even the guy that was putting up Christmas decorations! The kitchen area was an added plus. It had a full fridge and freezer. There was a microwave/oven and a stove top with pots and pans and kitchen utensils for cooking and eating. We used the microwave and the fridge for leftovers. It was very convenient. We had a gulf view room. We were on the north side of the hotel. It was a good sized room. You cannot see the sunsets from your balcony on this side of the hotel. The lay out of the hotel was a bit confusing, but after one or two times walking through, you will get the idea. You do have to cross the street to get to the beach, but you can get your hotel beach towels at the little store as you walk onto the beach. The pool was very nice. There is a place to get pool towels by the pool too. It has an awesome view of the the entire beach. We even watched the sunsets from the pool deck. Yes, you do have to pay the resort fees and for parking in the hotel's garage. This was expected. If you park the car yourself, instead of valet the car, then it is a couple dollars cheaper each day. It is at a prime location on the beach, so everyone who comes to the beach has to pay for parking. We did not dine at the hotel restaurant. There are many restaurants in many price ranges within walking distance from the hotel. We will be staying at the Hyatt on Clearwater Beach again!

Room Tip: The pool is on the 8th floor, so the hallways may be a little loud.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear ShoesPurses:

Thank you for going into such detail about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed our large guestrooms. Our guests really enjoy the spaciousness of the rooms along with the fantastic views. We hope to have the opportunity to bring you back for another relaxing getaway!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The pros: the building is beautiful on the outside and the several rooms I saw were exceptionally large and nicely furnished with complete kitchens, We had breakfast and dinner I the hotel dining room and the food and service were excellent,

The cons: (and the reasons we checked out early).
The hotel is very "cold" for a resort hotel - more like a business conference hotel. You enter a small lobby directly to check in - one of the most unattractive entrance lobbies I have seen. I assume the second floor is meant to be the lobby but it is primarily the outer area of the meeting rooms so you walk down this long area to reach the restaurant, just an unattractive experience.

Our real disappointment, was the pool. We came for Thanksgiving with our grandson looking forward to lots of pool time. We found that their pool, which we knew was on the 8th floor, was in complete shade the entire day and the water temperature was way below comfortable. Spending any time in the pool was out of the question. I was told by a manager that they had not started heating the pool in time to get it up to temp by one of their busiest weekends and he understood our wanting to move.

The whole layout of the pool on 8, the sun deck on 16 and the beach across the street is very uncomfortable.

We checked out and went to the Sandpearl, which is great in every respect.
I might add that I am a Hyatt platinum member and generally happy with my Hyatt experiences.

Room Tip: 1603 was a very large 1bedroom suite with 2 baths, full kitchen, huge terraces and gulf view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!