“Best Spring Training Facility in Florida!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 33 attractions in Clearwater
Type: Arenas/ Stadiums/ Fields
Attraction Details
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Spring Training Facility in Florida!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Phillies fans have more than a great team to brag about - we also have a fabulous Spring Training facility!

We have attended Spring Training games at Bright House Field eight years in a row, most recently last week during a 12-day stay in Clearwater. Bright House Field (which opened in 2004) is no less beautiful than it was on our first visit. As many have said, there are no bad seats in the ballpark (and its seating bowl is exactly the same as the home ballpark, Citizens Bank Park, in Philadelphia). Our favorite place to sit is the Tiki Bar in left field.

To sit at the Tiki Bar, you have to arrive early - no later than 11:30 a.m., and earlier for big games (for example, vs. the Yankees, or on Saint Patrick's Day regardless of the opponent). I can't say enough about the absolutely outstanding Tiki Bar staff. The bartenders deal with hundreds, perhaps thousands of people on a daily basis, and are unfailingly polite and efficient. The bar backs work just as hard, and are just as customer-service-oriented.

It's important to note that the Tiki Bar stays open for two hours after the game, with live music provided by area acts. Once the game is over, it's still possible to stop by for a cocktail - and maybe even a dance or two!

We have never encountered a Bright House Field staff member who was anything but polite and helpful. Now, if the Phillies had just played better during our stay...

Warminster, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
“Best Ballpark in Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Outstanding spring training facility of the Phillies. There is not a bad seat in the house. You can walk the concourse around the entire stadium if you would like a stroll around the park. Centerfield has a sloped grass area for those who want to bring a towel or blanket and relax on the grass. Great food all round too. Dogs, Chicken, Johnsonville brats, Cuban sandwiches. Frenchy's Tiki Bar in leftfield corner is a nice outdoor tavern - ask for Pam.
Spring training games are relaxed and fun. The staff from greeters to ushers to vendors are very friendly. Phillies players have always been accomodating about signing autographs for kids too.
It has become a yearly pilgrimage for me. There is not a better park to watch a game and soak up the spring training atmosphere.

Illinois
“Very nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We went to a Phillies spring training game on a whim during our Clearwater vacation. We had so much fun! Bright House is very nice. I would definitely go back if I'm in Clearwater again.

Sherburne NY 13460
3 attraction reviews
“Not a baseball fan - but loved the stadium!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I loved being able to walk totally around the stadium - it is so clean and they even have a special area for children - and all kinds of food. Try the lemonade - it is the best I've ever had!

Maryland
6 attraction reviews
“A less expensive, better alternative to Citizens Bank Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Went a few years ago the year the Fightin' Phils won the world series. It was great- relaxing, fun and Floridian, keeping the taste of Philadelphia. There weren't any of the drunk "faithful" either, which for some people is a negative but in Florida I like it peaceful, which it was.
There was a pond below the stadium, full of alligators. One was basking, waiting to catch an out-of-the-park baseball.
The food was good but I can't remember exactly what I got or where I went.
Outside the stadium, there are more palm trees, which are great to play catch underneath after the game. Phillies win or lose, you'll leave happy.
The best part, on top of everything, may have been the artifacts. Forget waiting in line for three hours and getting an auto from a second-string bullpen pitcher in Philadelphia. here, my brother easily got an autographed Jersey by Cole Hamels, and we got an autograph by So Tagachi in Japanese writing. All were easy, with a wait of no more than 10 minutes.
The only thing did not see was the signature Red Bathed Phanatic, and honestly I dont remember if I saw him at all (it was a long time ago I can't remember,)

Visited April 2011