“not good” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
connecticut
“not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I needed a place last minute and this was all that was available.
I walked in to register and the manager was sitting on the couch watching tv.
I checked into my 2nd floor room (no elevator) and found the room to be a flashback to 1975.
There is a kitcheny area where the microwave had mold on it.
The air conditioner is in the wall under the outside bathroom counter. So to change the setting or temp you have to get on the floor (i wouldn't take my shoes off!) to get to it.
The bathroom door is moldy and warped and I didn't use the shower because of what I feared was on the floor of the tub.
I really didn't get a feeling of "safe" and didn't sleep well because of that.
I should have guessed this would be the case for $55 a night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
tampa FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Here is the letter i sent to the corporate office: I recently made a reservation at the above listed hotel for a friend of ourson Sunday May 15, 2011. When he checked into the hotel with his girlfriend, they left their bags in the room and went to have fun. When they got back to the hotel room around 1 am, they realized the room was full of bedbugs. They asked for a different room and when they got into the new room, they had the same problem. At one point the manager was picking up bedbugs and putting them in an ashtray.
Mike called me at 2:07 am (I have the phone records to prove it if necessary) to let me know they were coming home due to so many bedbugs in both rooms. Mike put in a complaint to the hotel directly by email and got a response a few days ago. He was told nothing like what he said happened and they would give him a free night stay (like anyone wants to go back to a hotel filled with bedbugs). I cannot believe a hotel within your chain would tell a guest that he is wrong and nothing happened.
We used our credit card points to reserve this for him and we feel since the room was not usable, we should get our points refunded or a cash refund. In the meantime due to their bags being in the room all day, Mike's bed in our house is now infested with bedbugs and we are having a heck of a time getting rid of them.
My husband and I fully believe we are entitled to a refund for the unused room. I could be also requesting the cost of the treatment so far for bedbugs, but I would be satisfied to either get our points back or a refund for the room.
We do hope we can resolve this issue in a timely manner without too many people passing the buck. We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible. I have personally read your Core Values and this stay (if you can call it that) doesn't fit in any part of those Values that your company promotes.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Key West, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

this building is in major need of total renevations from the ground up. the front desk help was not so bad except tryin to jack up the rate until i showed proof of my reservation.
the beds were quite comfortable including really nice pillows but aside from that the room was generally dirty and again in need of a good cleaning. i absolutely do not recomend this hotel at all.

• Stayed February 2011
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

Do not stay in this hotel. The rooms are very dirty and disgusting. I did not find any roaches as per previous comments, and no bed bugs either, but while checking for them it is obvious that they do not believe in keeping a room clean. What I found in between the mattresses was pretty nasty...hair, dirt, dust, and even candy wrappers. There was also dust caked in the curtain folds. The floor was not clean, the bathroom tiles were old and the grout was moldy/dirty. When we check in the front desk clerk was asleep on the lobby couch. The room smelled musty. The A/C was old, loud, and did not work very well. Despite running it all night, the room never really did cool down. Had we not driven 16 hours on this particular day, we would have definitely found a different hotel. Also, at check out they tried to charge me a $1.25 for the room safe (an unanchored, small locked box sitting on top of the luggage rack...my child could have easily picked it up and walked out with it!) They did credit me the $1.25 though. Do not stay here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

We stayed here last year & came back. We know it isn't the greatest place but we don't mind. We got a 2 room 2 queen suite for $62.99. Plenty of room, the br closes off from the front room, 2 TVs with all the cable channels. The breakfast is very basic. The hotel is showing its age and could stand some upgrading.

The comments about the road noise are correct. The hotel is a 'U' shape with the open area facing SR60, Gulf to Bay Blvd, which is a 6 lane main drag, so there is no getting away from the road noise.

The staff was very responsive to our TV & fridge complaints and quickly corrected them.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Over the years I have stayed at Ramada Inns. They are usually ok. This one is not so good. I stayed here a couple of times in different rooms. On both occassions there were bugs. I think they were what we call fruit flies. Very annoying. I stayed the second time because the rates were so good, it was convienient to the beach and has a nice pool and jacuzzi. I did not think the bugs would be in all the rooms. Of the two rooms I had I was wrong. The cleanliness and beds leave a lot to be desired. The last time I stayed I had an efficiency with an actual stove. When I opened the oven, there was a pizza sitting in it moldy and disguisting.
This hotel is not the worst and is good for a low budget stay in Clearwater. I recommend this hotel to young people who are on a low budget and don't care where they stay. It is on Gulf to Bay Boulevard, take a left out of the hotel and you will go straight to the beach. The staff is friendly. The continental breakfast is limited.
I live in Orlando and love Clearwater Beach. It is excellent, among the best in the state. From Orlando it is about an hour further than the east coast beaches but is much nicer. It has beautiful white sand, is wide and slops gently into the gulf. The area is compact. Hotels, marina, restaurants are all in walking distance practically anywhere you stay. The prices are beach prices.
It has parasailing, excursion boats, pirate ships, all the things you want in a beach except surfing. For surfers the Gulf is not the place to go. Once in the water the drop off slope is very slight. You can walk into the water a long way before you have to swim to go further out.
The city of Clearwater is just across the causeway. There you will find malls, shopping, excellent restaurands and less expensive accomodations. There are two airports, Tampa International is minutes away and ST Petersburg Clearwater is on the south side. The whole area has much to do.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Should have read the reviews before staying here! The picture have got to be from abot 10 years ago that the have online!!! It doesn't look like that, it's very old and crackey!! There are people sitting in their cars in the parking lot all day/night long! No clue what they are doing since the beach isn't that far away they could go else where! (shady businesses????) The hotel is located on an extremely noisey busy road, All night long you hear police rushing by. you can hear every noise outside!!!! People were up all night long yelling and screaming and management did absoultely nothing about it!! I mean for hours, about 10:00-2:00. Bathrooms are fairly clean for the rest of the hotel didn't stink nor to dirty, just misreprestented in the pictures. And impossible to sleep well with the traffic all night and people, you can hear everything inside the rooms. For the price I guess you get what you paid for but for one night it wasn't worth it!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Limited Clearwater Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!