“YIKES ... what was I thinking” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Inn Countryside Clearwater

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clearwater
Ramada Inn Countryside Clearwater
2061 Gulf-To-Bay Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33765   |
Ranked #85 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
Kemah, Texas
“YIKES ... what was I thinking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

early march is the wrong time of the year for a to find a good hotel without reservations in the clearwater area ... every reasonably priced motel in the area was booked solid for the upcoming spring break, except this place ... we were too tired to go further so we checked in before looking at the tripadvisor reviews ... big mistake .... moldy, smelly, cracks in the walls, nasty, nasty, nasty place ... i could not sleep

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This was the worst experience in my life. My family scratched all night in bed. When we woke up the following morning, we discovered live bed bugs in both beds had bitten us. As well, there was blood from the bites so we called the manager. She wanted to charge us for half a nights stay. Of course we checked out and cut our trip short.
Hotel is old...cracked tiles, smelly, only 1 working tv in a suite.
Wyndham should take this off their list as this is not up to the Wyndham quality that I know. Stains sheets, cheap towels, dirty, dirty, dirty....NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Luquillo, PR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Our trip to Clearwater was to visit family, right after leaving Disney's All Star Sports hotel. Whoever has read my reviews before knows I'm not into fancy, and just use hotels as a place to sleep. The Ramada was very basic. Quite dated, but clean. Coffee maker, hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. None of that all in one garbage. Breakfast was cereal, good coffee, muffins, bagels & English muffins with cream cheese or jellies, and honey buns. It had a pool, but since it was cold we barely looked at it. As I type I glance over to read all of the negative reviews. The place isn't a big deal, but there are way worse. The Ramada was waaay better than the Days inn we stayed in last time we were in Clearwater (Also on Gulf to Bay), in which I will NEVER again stay at. There are several other motels down Gulf to Bay and most look pretty ratty. There's also a Fairfield inn down the street and I'm certain it would have been very nice, but I didn't need to pay almost $200 just for a place to sleep. Bottom line the Ramada was cheap and clean, and I'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Upon opening the door, the smell was terrible. The room and furnishings were dingy. Tile in bathroom was moldy. There was a suspicious brown sticky stain on the bedskirt. Bedspread was waxy felling. Threw it on the floor. The blanket was nasty with numerous holes and very thin. The sheets were o.k. I checked under the mattress and boxspring for critters. The air-conditioned in between the bathroom and bedroom and was so loud when it kicked in, I could not sleep. Ramada should not have their name attached to this hotel. I could not get out of there fast enough.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

Do not stay in this hotel, it was the nastiest hotel room I've ever stayed in. We had been driving for about 16 hours on this day and needed a place to stay in Clearwater. I thought that since it was a Ramada it would be ok. The first red flag was that the front desk clerk was asleep on the couch in the lobby. The room was priced reasonably, so we got a room. Upon entering I immediately noticed a musty, dirty smell to the room. I turned on the A/C, which was very loud. It happened to have been an 85 degree day, so our room was very hot, and despite running the A/C all night it never did cool down much. I noticed that everything looked really dirty and old (old floor tiles, dirty/moldy grout, etc.) We did check for bed bugs and found no evidence of them, but there was alot of dirt, hair, dust, etc in between the mattresses. It was gross. The curtains also had dust caked in between folds. We were so tired from driving all day that we stayed...we should have left. The bed & pillows were not comfortable at all. When we checked out, they had added a $1.25 "Safe Warranty" fee. I asked what it was for and the clerk said it was for using the room safe. I told her I did not use the safe (which by the way was an unanchored small locked box sitting on top of the luggage rack which I could have easily picked up an removed from the room.) She acted a little offended that I wanted the charges removed, but she did remove them. I will never stay at another Ramada again. Corporate should really look into this particular hotel that bears their name.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Avon, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

Five members of my family rented 3 rooms at this hotel . All the rooms were disgusting. The first night I saw fleas in the bathtub, the second night there was a roach. The place was dirty, and had cracked tiles and dirty grout in the bathroom. When my sister flushed the toilet in her room the floor flooded. When she asked for clean blankets because the ones on the bed were dirty, all they did was switch them on the beds. There was one tiny bar of soap for both shower and sink. The air conditioner was filthy, and extraordinarly loud. Yet, if you turned it off...the room became smelly and stuffy. The "continental breakfast" included warm orange juice and cold coffee. When we tried to contact the front desk to request a wake up call...there was repeatedly no answer. This was a very unpleasant experience and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I thought because it was a Ramada it would be up to reasonble standards....not so. I would never stay at another Ramada again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Palatine, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2007

When we arrived at the Ramada Inn office it looked nice, we asked if we could see one of the rooms (the price for one night was about $79). When we opened the door to the room 205 we looked at the nice jakuzzi with 2 mirrors on the wall. So we immediately decided to take this room and on the way to the office we planned our evening in jakuzzi with a wine and candles.
We payed for 4 days in advance and then we were on the way back to "our" room with jacuzzi.
Our dissapointment started when we were trying to fill jakuzzi with water. There was no valves! I immediately called the office and the gentleman behind the counter said that all jakuzzis in the hotel are not working and that we are not supposed to touch them. He also said that there is jakuzzi outside and we can use it anytime between 10AM and 10PM. I got very mad, because we payed for 4 days in advance for the room with jakuzzi. My wife was trying to calm me down. The same night we discovered that there was only one soap in the bathroom, that water from bathtub was actually staying in the bathtub for one hour after taking a shower, that tv remote was not functioning properly. The next day we wanted to go to that outside jakuzzi so we went to the office asking where to turn it on and the same gentleman at the counter said that actually the outside jakuzzi will be turned on the next day! I couldn't stand the situation and I left the office cursing.
I do not recommend this hotel to anyone who want to have a nice pleasant stay. It is expensive and the office stuff lies about what you are going to get for your money. Jakuzzi in the room that they will show you is there just to look at it and do not touch. So please be careful and do not stop at this place.

Been to Ramada Inn Countryside Clearwater? Share your experiences!