My husband and I were looking for a relaxing hotel to stay at for 2 nights before heading home to snowy upstate New York. After reading some of the reviews on this resort I was a little hesitant to stay here due to loud music and partying but am glad we did. We arrived in Clearwater Beach area without a reservation and thought we would drive by a couple hotels we read reviews on and see how they looked from the outside and decide from there. We wanted to stay in the price range of $125-$150 and this fit our budget with costing us $144 with all taxes and resort fees included. Basic cost of the room was $114. From our first steps into the hotel I felt like we were at an upscale establishment. Everything in the lobby was modern and chic. And we were soon to see that the entire place was the same. When we opened the door to our room with a king size bed my first reaction was "WOW". It was spotless and looked newly remodeled. We had a small kitchenette area with refrigerator, microwave, sink, stove top,cupboards (with dishes, etc...) . The bathroom was beautifully designed and had a large tiled shower area ( no tub). The balcony was nice with chairs and table. Now to the outside. Amazing pool and hot tub area with lots of seating area. There was an outdoor bar/food area. Food was reasonably priced and good. Loved the onion rings and fish. There was live music mid afternoon for a few hours (we stayed on a Wed. & Thur. night) and they were great to listen to. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. From talking with the locals it sounds like this is the party place to go to during spring break and hotter weather but we had no issues with noise or crowds during our stay. Hope to get the chance to visit here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hip new luxury rooms with modern amenities and stunning views, amazing new pool with 7,000 square ft. Tropical pool deck featuring SOAK bar and VIP cabanas, SALT Tequila Bar and Tap Room with craft beer and beer and featured tequilas and Ocean Flame; an inspired ocean front interactive dining experience. 11,000 Square ft. Tiki Beach Bar and concert stage with a tranquil stretch of white sand beach on the glimmering Gulf of Mexico. Enjoy everything from relaxing reggae to national acts and concerts while indulging in cool cocktails and Florida favorites. Add the only dual level state of the art Gulf-front in-door/out/door night club and you can say- we truly are Florida's premier entertainment resort! Destination weddings take place on the beach at sunset and we also have parties, meetings, and corporate events! With award-winning dining, personalized service, and over 12,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor venues right on the water, your event of 10 to 2,000 attendees will be handled with style and expertise. So soak up the sun, Jet Ski, parasail, adventure or relax and indulge! It's all at Shephard's! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Shephard's Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shephard`s Beach Hotel Clearwater
- Shephards Beach Clearwater
- Shephards Beach Hotel