My wife and I stayed at the Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach on Sand Key just before Christmas 2012. I was on a business trip (meetings in the hotel) and my wife came with me for some winter sun & shopping.
The hotel is situated on Sand Key which a thin strip of sand that runs along Clearwater, about 5 minutes walk from the hotel is a lovely beach looking out to the Gulf of Mexico, the hotel is situated on the other side of the sand key and the room balconies look back across the water to Clearwater.
We were met by very friendly staff on arrival from the door men to the check-in staff everything was friendly and efficient. Our room was a suite (which I think every room is at this hotel) it was spacious enough for 2 people. There are 2 large flat screen TVs, a wet bar area and a lounge sitting area. The room also has a balcony with 2 chairs and a table. The room was clean and in good repair.
Breakfast is normally a sore point for my wife - however here it was one of the best breakfasts she ever had at any hotel, which is saying something! The evening meal in the restaurant has to be the highlight of this hotel. Firstly the waiting staff are very highly trained and provide a very in depth description of the menu choices. The steak is claimed to be the best in Tampa - while we didn't get to eat in every steak house in Tampa I can say that the food at the Restaurant was excellent and a good reason to stay at this hotel.
The hotel has a lovely pool with a waterfall, the pool bar also serves food & again the staff and service here are excellent.
My wife and I would highly recommend staying at this hotel especially at the time of year we visited - it was very quiet and relaxing but just minutes from Clearwater and Tampa.
We would like to thank all of the staff who took care of us & made what could have been another bland business trip that bit more special.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach On Sand Key Hotel
- Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach On Sand Key Hotel Clearwater
- Marriott Clearwater
- Clearwater Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the beautiful Gulf Coast at the Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key Florida's only all-suite Marriott hotel. Offering a special resort experience with suite accommodations overlooking Clearwater Bay, this Marriott is a casually elegant destination for a family trip or business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach on Sand Key reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.