“Fantastic staff at Marriott Suites” 5 of 5 stars

Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach on Sand Key
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1201 Gulf Boulevard, Clearwater, FL 33767   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
“Fantastic staff at Marriott Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have recently returned from an eleven night stay at Marriott Suites after having spent ten days in Orlando.We were totally blown away by the way we were treated by all of the staff. They really couldn't do enough for you and made us feel as if we were part of their family and not just guests. It started when we were met at the hotel entrance by Bob one of the valets, continued by Trinity the duty manager on the first day that we arrived and just got better each day. As far as we are concerned the staff at Marriott Suites have set a bench mark in customer care that it is difficult to see how it could be bettered. In particular we have to say a huge THANK YOU to Kimi, Alex, Savanngh, Jay at Kokomos, Bob, Hendra and Ed the valets, Trinity, Taylor, Stephen on the front desk. The cleaning supervisors Chris, Adrienne and all their brilliant staff, Rodney from the kitchens and all the staff in the hotel cafe and Phillippe the general manager. A hotel is only a building it's the people who work there that truly make it somewhere you want to stay. We would have no hesitation in going back again. If you're looking for somewhere to stay in Clearwater don't think of anywhere else you really can't get any better than this.
Thank you everyone for a truly memorable holiday and sorry to anyone we forgot to mention but we lost our list of people we wanted to mention during the trip home.
Adrian, Alison and Becky Wroe who stayed 15th to 26th November 2012. Happy holiday to you all.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

999 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Just got back from Clearwater and the Mariott with my friend Nancy, and we were blown away at this Hotels Staff, Cleanliness and especially the Bartender Rick Williams. The Hotel was clean, the food was amazing, the front desk staff was friendly, made great suggestions, offered Mimosa's upon check-in, the Concierge, Paul was extremely knowledgeable and congenial, gave us some fantastic places to go see and they were exactly as he said they were. Thegreatest part of our stay was going down to the hotel bar to have a drink the first night we were there. I have never met a bartender that with all his being LOVED what he did, because the love of his job was spilling out of him !! He prepared exactly the kinds of drinks I loved but I didn't know I loved them until he made them and we tasted them. He had a great sense of humor, friendly always with a smile on his face and the patrons in the bar were feeling what we felt because we were chatting with them all. We are convinced that Rick is the "Shining Star" of the Marriot Suites Clearwater Beach and when I come back to visit, there is no hesitation in my mind to where I would stay AGAIN and AGAIN !!!! Marriot hit the gold mine with Rick coming on board. AMAZING, FANTASTIC and the BEST we've experienced !!! Hope to see him again late winter!!

Vicki and Nancy from "BOSTON"

Room Tip: All rooms appear to have a great view. Some of the bay, others overlooking the pool because of its...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
AYSSandKey, General Manager at Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach on Sand Key, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Vicki K,
Thank you so much for taking the time and share your review.
I was delighted to see you enjoyed your stay and truly appreciate you highlighting Rick for making such a positive impression. I'll be sure to share the review with Rick and the rest of our TEAM. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

Philippe Eversdijk
Collingswood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I chose this hotel after comparing rates and noting that we could get a suite at Marriott for the same price as a regular room across the street at the Sheraton (which is Beachfront). After a long day of travel which included flying and driving, we were greeted on arrival with a glass of chilled champagne. In fact, every time we went down to the lobby for something, the staff asked me if I'd like another glass of champagne. I felt very pampered. Although across the street from the Gulf of Mexico, this hotel was built so that all rooms have a beautiful view of the gulf as well as the intercoastal waterway. My daughter and I spent a lot of time looking at the beautiful birds circling the intercoastal waterway from our balcony. We had a microwave and small fridge in the room and a spacious balcony overlooking the pool/intercoastal. We were given free continental breakfast but for mere $5 dollars more, got the full breakfast which was very nice. We went over Thanksgiving and although the air temp was a bit chilly, the pool was nicely heated. There was a little bit of a walk to the beach, and we had to walk through the Sheraton parking lot, but I noted that the Sheraton did not have as nice a pool as Marriott and was really not as nice a hotel from the looks of the exterior. We enjoyed this hotel and its marvelous staff and did not want to leave!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with this hotel, all rooms have a good view :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AYSSandKey, General Manager at Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach on Sand Key, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Zamorna621,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
It was a pleasure to read that you and your daughter enjoyed yourselves at our hotel.
Thank you for your compliments regarding our Staff. I am blessed working with such a great group of talented individuals! I'll be sure to share your feedback with them.
Happy Holidays from all of us.

Philippe Eversdijk - General Manager
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is my favorite Marriott. I have stayed here several times and have never been disapointed. There are water views on both sides of the rooms. The ocean is a golf cart ride away, but it is great fun for the little ones. Also, they have an excellent pool area and activties for the kids.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Salford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was a great place to chill after we drove across i10 from LA. Great suite and the view over Clearwater Bay was fantastic. Sat on balcony we watched sharks, dolphins, and rays feeding. I saw the sun come up over Tampa and go down over the gulf what more can I say? The hotel is very clean staff very helpful. Food is tasty not cheap but great quality and you don't mind paying a bit extra for great food. For Breakfast go out of the hotel turn left small cafe brilliant pancakes and only a few dollars. Buy a trolley ticket and use that to get around, you can use that on all the local buses as well. If you get the chance stay here.

Room Tip: all rooms face Clearwater bay great view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
plymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed here for a week at the end of October. We had 2 rooms on floor 10, one for my grown up sons and the other for me, my husband and 10 year old son. Both rooms were great, with fantastic views, although I would say that floor 10 is the top floor and you are very high up ! Probably not ideal for those that have a problem with heights or with young children.
We found the rooms very comfortable and encountered no funny smells, as others have reported.
This is our second stay here and would definitely return ! It is the perfect place to spend a week relaxing after a week spent in Orlando, or there is plenty to do in the area if you stay for 2 weeks, as we did on our previous visit.
The hotel is in a lovely position, with the beach a short walk across the street. We often bought a pastry and coffee from the shop in the lobby and had breakfast on the beach. Sand key is made up of broken shells and not powdery sand like Clearwater Beach but it is still a fantastic long stretch of beach with very few people !
It is very easy to hop on the Trolley if you want to go into Clearwater, where you will find many activities on the beach, Pier 60 and the Marina where you can book a boat cruise or visit the Clearwater aquarium, home to Winter the dolphin.
We had dinner in Watercolours which was lovely and ordered lunch on a few occasions at the pool or it is only a short stroll along the boardwalk to find a couple of other restaurants and shops.
I do have to mention the staff at this hotel who we found to be extremely helpful, a special mention to Sandy at the front desk who was very understanding when we had a small issue one evening.
The Marriott in my opinion ticks all the boxes for a fun and relaxing family holiday !

Room Tip: Floor 10 has fantastic views and is quieter if you don't mind heights .
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The smell of raw fish turned me off right after I entered the room. Then I noticed the room's worn-out carpet and furniture that was badly in need of replacement. The third thing I noticed was an old microwave and a hard-to-reach small refrigerator with very poor lighting in the room. Make sure you take a flashlight and a magnifier with you to this hotel in case you need to use its refrigerator or read its microwave timer.

The only clean spot in the room was its bathroom--although the constant noise from the exaust fan was very annoying. Beds were also clean but not very comfortable.

Unliker select other hotels in Clearwater, this hotel does not offer free WiFi. Nor does it have a courtesy airport shuttle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear B L,
Thank you for taking the time and share your feedback with me.
Certainly I wish we had an opportunity to turn your negative experience around while you were here. We have high standards regarding our maintenance and cleanliness of our product and obviously we fell short during your stay.
On behalf of all of us at the hotel I truly apologize for the shortcomings you experienced.
I am very willing to make it right with you. If Tampa Bay travels are in your future once again I would be honored to have the oportunity to personally handle your reservation.

Philippe Eversdijk - General Manager

Been to Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach on Sand Key? Share your experiences!