Stayed 2 nights at this Marriott while at a conference and found it to be a very nice stay. The service was very nice, almost over the top - someone walked me and my one bag to the elevator upon check in. That wasn't necessary but was the first indication that they really value the customer experience. When I asked where the fitness center was, again I was escorted to it instead of being given directions.
The building itself is nice, looks to have been updated with the exception of the room bathroom. That could have used some sprucing up. The fact that the suite's balcony overlooked the bay and you could see the ocean across the street from the front door was very nice. Turn down service in the room was appreciated. I used the fitness center twice and have to say it was one of the nicest I've been in for quite a while. More than one treadmill and it overlooked the pool area and the equipment was all in working order. Never used the pool as it was too cool but it was lovely.
I ate at the in-hotel restaurant and it was fine - it's a steakhouse and they had to accommodate a vegetarian so it was a little bit of a stretch for them. But they did a good job. The food in general throughout the conference was more than adequate.
The only downside was that the door to our room refused to open after check in and it required maintenance to fix it. The housekeeper who discovered me trying to get in the room promptly said she'd call maintenance and was good on her promise. The front desk provided extra Marriott points for the inconvenience. The issue was fixed very quickly.
Overall, a very nice stay at this Marriott and would recommend to business or pleasure travelers who want a nice, relaxing hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach On Sand Key Hotel
- Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach On Sand Key Hotel Clearwater
- Marriott Clearwater
- Clearwater Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the beautiful Gulf Coast at the Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key Florida's only all-suite Marriott hotel. Offering a special resort experience with suite accommodations overlooking Clearwater Bay, this Marriott is a casually elegant destination for a family trip or business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Venere, Orbitz, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach on Sand Key reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.