“RICE FAMILY, great location, and front desk clerk wonderful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2311 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33762 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #56 of 95 hotels in Clearwater
Clearwater, Florida
“RICE FAMILY, great location, and front desk clerk wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

my wife and I, have been here for two months, approximately.
there was sometime wrong with our room initially, but the clerk and manager reacted immediately and move us to a better room with upgrades.
the price is reasonable and workers are friendly.
the best front desk clerk is tiffany.
last, great location, feather sound.

Room Tip: do reservation online to get the lowest rate, and do it in advance.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead St. Petersburg - Clearwater. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
clearwater, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have been living here for six months and have been very pleased. Pleasant staff at front desk! I would definitely come back. I felt safe and comfortable. Dog friendly!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead St. Petersburg - Clearwater. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed just one night on our way to Redington Beach. It was very convenient to shopping and restaurants. The efficency type set-up was nice with a full frig Sondra at the front desk was very helpful in explaining amenities of the hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
port rapids mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at the Homestead studio suites for almost 3 months, and i must say that the value and service of this hotel far exceeds the negative that i experienced. I booked a Non smoking King room that some guest had made the dumb ignorant mistake of smoking in and the smell had not yet escaped the room at the time of cleaning. I called the front desk when we returned from dinner and a gentleman awnsered the call and was overly concerned he apoloized and offered to give us another room, even stated he was gonna go check the room before he moved us so to ensure that room was more comfortable. He moved us to room 350 which was far more larger then the first room and very comfortable. And even called the room shortly thereafter to ensure that we were comfortable. That type of service far exceeds the service one may recieve in some of the larger hotel Chains. I also have read a lot of the reviews on the site and must say it concerns me, so im gonna base my review on the service i recieved from the gentleman at the front desk i surely hope that he is reconized by his efforts and not by the reviews of the hotel cause he surely places this hotel in a more positive light.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Filthy carpet, scary environment, old flat bed. It looks like there are some shady permanent residents there. I did not feel safe. No lobby...just a desk. Just gross

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed here for two weeks while job hunting.

For the price, it's the best you're going to find in the area. After taxes and fees, I paid about $300 per week to live there. There's a laundry room on site and the room came with a sink and dishes and full size fridge and microwave (the microwave had no turn table).

The "feel" of the place wasn't very comfortable to me though. There were always empty alcohol containers piled around the trash cans, the neighbors were loud, and I got the feeling that a lot of the people that were there were actually living there, like, permanently--there were entire families living in rooms that seemed pretty comfortable, with lawn furniture outside and everything. Someone even had a grill outside their room. I got the feeling people were staring at me like an outsider when I'd go to do my laundry or go out to my car to get something.

The worst experience I had there, though, was bedbugs. About a week into my stay (they only do housekeeping once per week here, FYI) I woke up one morning with bites covering my legs. They itched like crazy, and Cortizone did nothing. I thought maybe it was a coincidence--perhaps chiggers or mosquito bites, since I'd gone to Busch Gardens the day prior. However, the following morning I woke up with even *more* bites, and called the front desk. When I was laying in bed, I could actually feel the tiny bugs hopping around on my skin--it drove me crazy. It was so bad I'd woken myself up from scratching them in my sleep-- they itched so bad half of them were bleeding. The front desk isn't open 24/7--only during business hours, but when I called at 8:00 am the woman sounded genuinely concerned and sent someone that same day to vacuum the room and change the bedding (two days earlier than scheduled). That seemed to get rid of the problem for the next two nights, after which the biting resumed, but I had so little time left in the place I didn't feel it was worth the effort to complain. However the itchy bites stayed for weeks, and I still have scars all over my calves and ankles from involuntarily scratching them, and probably will for months to come.

If you do choose to stay here, I would recommend paying a little extra for a full cleaning at least once extra per weeks, or washing your own bedding yourself to ensure this doesn't happen to you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Was Recommended to our trainer and in her words this is what happened:
Filthy (no housekeeping), floor wasn't vacummed, black mold on walls/ fridge, dishes moldy & dirty, roaches, poweroutages for 6 hours, desk manager was unhelpful, rude, and refused to assist. No soap, shampoo provided, I had to go down to front desk. I caught a fungal infection on my arms from sleeping on the sheets (they may have not changed before I arrived). I continually told the management at desk about the issues but the manager didn't assit me except to say, "You should kill the cockroaches, step on 'em. I can't help you" Hotel staff was unavailable during the power-outage and did NOT informed the guest of what was going on. I called the power company myself from my cell to report it and find out what was going on. During the power-outage, I was trying to sleep, in the no-airconditioned room and a big roach got on my face. There was no light in my room, I used my laptop to provide light to find the roach that was now, in my bed....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park? Share your experiences!