“Excellent place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
Clearwater, Florida
“Excellent place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

The room is beautiful, just like the picture. The room is very clean, the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. The room is spacious and comfortable. My husband is disabled and the staff went out of their way to accommodate his needs. Everyone is extremely friendly, I want to add that Randall especially is endearing. This hotel has it all, and I totally recommend Residence Inn to anyone staying in the area.!

Room Tip: Access rooms for disabled are roomy, the bathroom is large with wheel in shower and has a shower sea...
Green Features: I was glad to see that by refraining to use housekeeping for our stay, which we normally do anyway, the hotel donates to helping stop addiction.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We had a few disappointing situations. Life happens. The property has some construction but the room was very nice once settled. The manager, Ericka, was very kind and made every situation right. I would advise this property. Very close to beaches, great restaurants and water activities.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing, I am deeply disappointed to hear you had some negative situations whilst staying with us. I am glad Erika and the teams were able to make a bad situation right. Unfortunately although rarely things happen but we always pride ourselves on how we can ensure we turn that negative impression right around.

I am pleased to hear you had a nice trip regardless of this!

Many Thanks,
Emma S
Guest Relations Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

They are renovating the hotel and I was one of the lucky ones to be first in one of the new rooms. The room is absolutely amazing. Everyone on the staff is extremely courteous. Two people in particular are Randall and Angela. They have always recommended the best places to go to for food and entertainment. With a 5 minute drive to the beach, don't bother going waterfront (been there, never went back.) Save some cash and stay with the best hotel in Clearwater Florida! I travel all around the country for business but I always feel like I'm at home when I come to the Residence Inn Downtown Clearwater. Thanks to the staff for always making my stay, a very pleasant one.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Ragley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The rooms are amazing. I mean you could actually live in one. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful in every way. Its in a good location to Clearwater Beach. There is a full size fridge, two burner stove, a small amount of dishes with a couple pots and pans, everything you need to clean a kitchen with including a full size dishwasher. Not that you have to clean anything, just drop it into the diswasher and they do the rest. One thing...the a/c was set on 65 and you could turn it up but after awhile it would go back to the preset and it was freezing overnight. We slept with the windows open to compensate. They have a full hot breakfast that was pretty good and some nights they would have snacks and stuff. The pool was very clean and warm. Very very nice exercise room with high end equipment. We got a great deal on this hotel from hotels.com. Saved about 65 per night. If you can get a good pri e like that its definitely worth it.

Room Tip: The higher the better the view...totally non-smoking rooms and other than the pool there isn't a...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed at this Residence Inn for many days and it was all right with no problems. The Hotel is conveniently located, close to everything, well kept and generally in good shape. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Our studio was comfortable and cleaned all days, the bed was comfy but the kitchen was the best! Complimentary breakfast, coin laundry, free parking and internet were all very good and helpful. Overall it's a great hotel, we would stay here again and highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Also the first time I didn't have the opportunity to stay in the hotel because it was overbooked. I was contacted at 2pm on the day of arrival to be told of this information. I find this a very criminal practice to knowingly overbook rooms in the hopes of no show guests as an attempt to capitalize on profit. Also, when you are transferred to a hotel room that is a downgrade over where you intended to stay, it doesn't exactly sit well. Little do they know, this practice now sabotages a young frequent traveler such as myself from ever booking this establishment or Marriott for that matter (to be honest, probably even large chains, as I"m sure this practice is all to common) and focus most of my travelling on staying in vacation rentals and independent hotels when possible where I've never had such an issue.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarah G, Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you very much for your comment regarding our property. I am so sorry for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. It is never our intention to send our valued guests to another property, however, in the event that our property becomes overbooked we try our best to accommodate the guest at another comparable property. Again, I am so sorry that your experience was a negative one. We strive for complete guest satisfaction and it pains us to hear that we have failed to meet your expectations. If you are ever in the area again, please come see us so we can gain back your trust. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the first time. The hotel overall was clean and housekeeping did an excellent job servicing our room. Complimentary breakfast was well supplied and presented and their breakfast attendant with pleasant customer service greetings.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown? Share your experiences!