“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ironton, Ohio
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We spent one night here to visit Winter at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. The rooms were clean, staff was friendly and the location was very convenient. Great place to stay if you aren't looking to be directly on the beach.

• Stayed July 2013
Ericka C, General Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I wanted to take a moment and express my gratitude for your kind comments. Each and every day our team makes it our mission to accommodate our guests. Thank you again for your review I look forward sharing this with the team.

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The 1 bedroom room was nicely renovated, very comfortable and spacious both on the living and bedroom sides. Full kitchen including oven was a definite plus. While not located in the best neighborhood, it is only a short drive to the beaches. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for writing a review regarding our property and the layout of the room. I was please to read you enjoyed the room you received. Our ovens are a perk although only in a handful of rooms it is definitely a plus to have especially if you’re traveling with your family. Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward having you again.
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Strong reviews here led me to book a non-refundable deal for our early summer holiday, 8 nights in total. The hotel offered everything I was looking for on paper, really nice room, nice little pool, close to the beach, fairly quiet location. I received most of what I wanted.

The location a few km from Clearwater Beach is ideal if you're look to have a beautiful beach holiday without the beach hotel prices. Quick drive there (3km), or even a 1 km walk to the Beach trolley for nice drives up and down the coast. This is a definite plus for the hotel. Residence Inn is a downscale Marriott hotel supposedly serving medium to longer term buisness travellers. Not here. My guess is that the bulk of the people staying here, at least during my time, were holiday travellers there to enjoy some R&R. The hotel was mostly to compeltely full during our time there.

The service at most times was very good to excellent. Front desk staff, breakfast folk, etc.. were all kind, pleasant, and attentive. The one miss was a forgotten request that I'll get to later. Our room was a second floor, end of the hall one king bed room. Lovely layout, quiet, quick stairs access to the parking lot. Nice couch and reclining chair, nice rotating TV, two desks, and a nice kitchen. Big fridge we loved, microwave, all the basic things you'd need to cook (we did not) and eat. Bed away from the door (nice) and bathroom completely hidden from door (very nice). The room and hotel were at the beginning stages of looking to be "worn", but nothing that detracted at all from our visit.

The big downside for me, a particular sleeper, was the bed. It was somewhat comfortable, but I didn't sleep well and eventually had to buy some Aleve so I could get through the night. My disclaimer is that I'm a poor sleeper most places, but this was a little worse, even for me. My wife slept fine. I did mention it to the front desk and they offered an "eggshell" type matress topper to put under the sheets. I accepted, not very excitedly, but it wasn't there when we returned to our room later and I decided not to pursue it further.

The breakfasts were very nice, varied options each morning for hot items, even varied during the morning itself. Seating area was a little small at times, but all was well. I always like my hotel breakfasts and this was a nice positive so I tipped the lady on the last day whom I saw there a lot.

The pool is a nice little area, nothing that would get over used but it suited our purposes for a few hours here and there. A few more shady spots would be nice, but I'm being nitpicky on that one.

Overall an enjoyable stay. I expected to give it a 5 star rating but those small little things, bed most of all, kept me from giving it the highest rating. I imagine the mattresses will be due to be replaced soon.

For the price we paid I'd book again, of course watching reviews to see if beds were being replaced. On a side note there is an authentic Mexican market slightly down the street, well worth a pop in. We bought some items there for lunch, very good food.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I wanted to take a moment and thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our property and services. I was pleased we were able to accommodate your needs for the most part however I was equally dissatisfied to read about your sleeping experience. The sofa beds for the most part are not a preference by most however we do have ways to make them a bit more comfortable. I am not sure why our team would give you an egg crate one minute then take it away the next. I will be reaching out to my housekeeping department to look into this matter. It is our guest’s reviews and comments that help us strengthen and correct our weakness as a team. Again thank you very much for your comments and we hope to see you in the further.
Long Island City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last month for business. The rooms are great, with newer appliances, plenty of space, etc. But the wireless Internet in this hotel is god awful. How bad? I tried to write this review from the room, but couldn't get it done. Had to wait until I got home. You might stay on for 30 minutes, you might stay on for 3. You might get kicked off completely, you might drop from 4 bars to 1 bar without even moving. And even when you get a full signal, it's not good enough to stream any kind of audio, let alone video.

If you're here for business, beware.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
This review was so important to receive. I am happy to report our hotel is going through a diagnostic review for our internet, we currently offer 20 M Ethernet however we understand the importance of staying in turn with our everyday needs in order to still stay productive as a traveler. I hope if by the time you return our equipment will be upgraded if not in the works. Thank you again, it’s greatly appreciated and needed to receive feedback from our guests in order for us to make us stronger and better.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed a week with my two boys, could not have picked a better hotel. Belinda at the front desk was extremely attentive, she went the extra mile for us, a super sweet lady. The entire staff at the hotel is awesome, the two gentlemen who do maintenance (sorry I don't remember their name) were very helpful.
Five stars for everyone!! The room was spotless, everything we needed was available, whenever I come back to Clearwater, this is where we'll stay!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wow thank you thank you very much for your review. I am looking forward to report your comments to my team especially Belinda, Josh and David. Our team takes pride in serving our guests again thank you so much we look forward seeing you again.
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel rooms were great, with everything you could want and more for a short or long-term stay. The evening reception host was exceptional and the breakfast more than good. The neighborhood is a little rough, but nothing too terrible. The only reason I don't give five stars is that the internet connection is so... slow... Don't even think about streaming video, you'll be lucky to check your email before the connection times out. All of my coworkers faced the same problem. In this day and age, that's enough to prevent a return visit, at least while on a business trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ericka C, General Manager at Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you very much for posting your comments. I am happy to report because of feedback like yours our company currently is looking into our internet options and strengths. We understand the importance of connecting to the outside world and how we need to stay productive when we are away from home or office. We are consistently looking for ways to improve our amenities and services to all our guests. I hope if you are ever in the Clearwater area again you return to our property with the hopes the internet has been upgraded prior to your return. Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown? Share your experiences!