“Nice overnight stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
Tampa,Fl.
“Nice overnight stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The Monaco Motel is a block and half from Clearwater Beach and much less expensive than staying on the beach. Room was clean, a/c was cold, hot water was hot. Pool was small but they have one. There are 4 smaller "motels" on this block but the Monaco is the only one with a pool. Just a 3-5 minute walk to the beach and some very popular beach bar and grills. The beach is very deep in this area of Clearwater, 100 yards or so. Parking is included with your room. This is a motel and not a resort as the name suggests. Good enough for a short stay or a budget vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
belleville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Went away for a couple days to catch a nice vacation. The monaco is very convincent and close to the beach, resturants, and Pier 60. The location is more calming, friendly, and family like on the North side of the beach. The service was great, and accomidated us with extra needs. Our room was very clean, and came with full kitchen which was helpful for our stay. I would absolutely stay there again.

Lady lake
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Found a groupon deal for this motel and came for the weekend. As we entered the room we already know it hasn't been cleaned yet, issue was resolve, a very nice guy came and cleaned the place. Cleaning is not bad but not good either. We were told there's $10 extra charge for extra person. My mom decided she will stay since theres extra pull out bed for her. When we came back midnight, we saw this disgusting, very nasty mattress from the pull out bed. Called office, no answer. My mother ended up sleeping in the floor. Next day someone came asking us to pay $10 for my mom (extra person), my husband went to the office and complained that she slept on the floor bcoz the matress is nasty, the lady got very defensive and she said we shouldve told her. How can we tell her if theres no one in the office to answer the issues?? She acts like it was our fault.! I was so upset with the condition and situation of this place that I swore not to come back again!!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Friend and I wanted to go bar hopping responsibly and I found a groupon for this place. It was perfect. The woman at the front desk and her husband were very welcoming and recommended a couple of spots. Rooms were very clean and had a microwave and fridge. It was everything you need. I will definitely be back! Thanks guys!

Monaco_Resort, Manager at Monaco Resort, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
. Thanks for the positive review and feed back. My wife and I are working very hard to overcome the issues left from prior managers - which may also explain why they are no longer here. The owner told me when he hired us that we are not just renting 4 walls and a bed. We are providing a great vacation beach experience. Happy to suggest places. Was a pleasure to have you as our guest and hope you will choose us again in the not too distant future as you are not more then an hour away in Tampa.

Tom the Manager of Monaco Resort.
Poland Springs, Me
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Another trip down to beautiful Clearwater Beach, Florida. 1st, I have traveled all over and you will not find a nicer beach anywhere - at least in the USA. I am always impressed by how clean it is. This was my 5th visit here. My usual spot was full - as April is busy with Spring Break. I asked a few locals for their suggestions and this place was mentioned a few times - so we found it.

The Monaco is a block off the main street, in a more residential area. Only 1 block to the beach, a quick 5 minute walk from the room to putting your toes in the ocean. I liked that the location meant it was quiet at night... unlike the more popular south end of the beach by Shepards where all the young people are partying till the wee hours of the morning.

No, this is not the Hyatt - but it was not 359.00 a night, plus all their silly extra charges for parking, a resort fee, and staff with their hand out for a tip everytime. This is a motel not a hotel, and I understand alot of people apparently have no clue what the difference between a motel and a hotel is. Here they do not have valet parking, you have to park your own car. 1 space is included with the room. As is the wifi included. Others elsewhere charge 10.00 a day for a password. Our rate was just over 100.00 a night and included everything. The lady that checked us in was very pleasant and I guess her husband is the maintaince guy. But again I am guessing. They had a grill by the pool so I thought I would cook out and get a few steaks going. Another guest had left it a mess - so I was especially thankful that Tom insisted he would clean it as another guests mess was not my problem. He went out of his way to clean it up ASAP. Speaking of cleanliness, our room was found to be 99% clean. The 1% was some sand missed - but hey this is a beach and sand is everywhere! This is not some fabulous 5 star resort hotel. Again it is a motel. It delivered 5 stars in my view ( on a 2 star rating) What they did not offer that a hotel would. Example: an on site restaurant, could be found within a few blocks. There is also a little bar called the Shipwreck in back of the Monaco - on the main street. A bit hokey, but great drinks and an easy stumble back to our room. In the end my girl was happy... and just trust me - if she was happy. THAT IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! Many Thanks to the Monaco staff for making our little 4 day get away pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

To start out the location is very good and it is a very short walk to the beach, which was very nice especially with small children. The downside is that the managers really need some training on how to deal with people. The management are very immature and rude. You can tell they must get complaints often because they become very defensive when you present an issue you are having. We had an issue with the exterminator barging in our room and actually started spraying the pesticides in the room with my wife and two kids in the room. My wife asked him not to come in, and spray while we were in there. I confronted the manager about the situation and he told me since I was the only one that had a complaint I was supposed to just deal with it! When I asked the lady about the situation she told me that I was lying and she didn't believe me. I also asked about notices and she said they were posted a day before the spray happened. I told her that it was never there, and she told me it blew off the door. So then I asked her what about the other notices on the other doors? She could not even show me the notice that she posted and became very defensive when I asked her about that. When we got there there was a broken down dryer outside our door that we got to look at every day for a week and and also the broken refrigerator and doors propped up outside the door the rooms across the way from us. Also, the rooms are very dusty and not well maintained. The mattresses are saggy and very uncomfortable. House keeping does not come and exchange linens or take out the trash when you are there. You must seek them out and ask. Almost all of the patio furniture is broken and unusable. The faucets and fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom are disgusting. Do not stay at this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Very accomodating little hotel, nice pool, it was only me and my daugther and we felt very safe, the ownes were very sweet and I they take good care of guests. The price was very affordable and we just drove by looking for a place to stay near the beach and not expensive, as soon as I walking I felt confidence so that's were we spent 2 nights. I definitely will stay there again. No a high class resort but good service and location for the price. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Monaco Resort? Share your experiences!