“It was great.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“It was great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I really enjoyed my visit there. The food was good. Service was awesome, very nice atmosphere. I really enjoyed the dancer and the throwing of the napkins all over the floor. And last be not least the breaking of the plates in the trashcan. A restaurant experience like I've never had. I hope to return to Florida and to Acropolis Greek Taverna.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sarasota, Florida
“Acropolis is now Mythos and soo good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

We visit the Mythos Dec.2 and we were so pleased with all the good food and the really big plates. We had some Tsaiziki, Saganaki and fried Kalamari as starters and since this was our first visit we didnt know how huge the portions are. Everything was yummmo and delish. We both had Gyros for entrees and had to take a box home! Two words huge and fantastic. We tried the local beer Mythos red, very good to, if you like Sam Adams .....!!
No room for desert, but we stayed for the belly dancer girl and she did a great dance.
Our server was very nice and we had a great evening there. We will be back soon, because of great food!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa FL
“Great place for Greek food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

Yes, I agree the atmosphere can be a bit annoying after a while, then avoid this place on the weekends. The music is very, very loud and it turns into a night club after 10. The belly dancer comes out about every hour for a dance or two. We've gone before during night and was able to experience smoking a Hooka (sp?) outside which was neat!

Now, the food is truly wonderful! The portions are gigantic and it is reasonably priced. We always get the Hummus and they serve you this white dip that comes with bread, that stuff, can't remember what it is called, is out of this world! I usually get the Gyros and Moussaka.

If I was taking friends out to eat from out of town that wanted entertainment and good food, I'd go there!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clearwater Fl
“Food's tasty, but I dont' like the concept”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

the food here is pretty darn good. Have been here for business lunches as well as early dinners and happy hours.

the hummus is very good and garlicky, the dolmas are good, spanikopita is basic, the combo dinners are good and quite large.

I guess I just don't care for the atmosphere. I don't need a belly dancer flinging her hair around while I'm trying to eat. I know breaking plates is supposed to be oh so fun, but after the first one, it just gets annoying, especially in a restaurant.

It's a nice place to dine off hours, after hours it just over run with drunken clientel dying to break plates and play grab [-]

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Best Greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2008

You want entertainment awesome greek food and an experience you got to visit this place. I came down from Michigan and my friends in St Pete took me to this restaurant. It was an amazing experience. They have belly dancers., Plate breaking, and the food...AMAZING. and Affordable. The portions are huge. Now every time we come down to florida we make it a tradition to visit this place!