“OK, not great” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Angleton, Texas
“OK, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

To begin with, this part of Florida is not a great culinary center. I'm not really very fussy but food in this area tends to be ho-hum. Great people, pretty country but ho-hum on the restaurants. We were spending the night in Chipley and we went to Skins and Bubbas because we were told they do serve steaks and they didn't know of anyone who had gotten sick after eating there (which was not true for some of the other restaurants in town). We ordered New York strip at $14.99, not a high price certainly but in the range of what you will pay at Chili's or someplace like that for a pretty good steak. It was about the same size area wise as I would expect but was cut thin. That is generally not a good sign. It was cooked well enough I suppose but was somewhat tough and didn't really have a lot of flavor. It was a $7.99 steak, not a $14.99 steak and generally if $7.99 steaks are present you should leave and go to McDonalds or some similar place. I have pretty much decided if you want a good steak in this part of Florida, you should carry it with you. That said, the staff there was great, friendly folks and the atmosphere was good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Average BBQ in an Average atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Had read a lot of great reviews about this place prior to stopping in so I was anxious to try it but it fell short of my expectations. My husband had the ribs which were tough the day we were there. I had the Pulled pork sandwich as did my kids. Not bad but just not REALLY good. Sides were okay.Sweet tea was very good. Our waitress never checked on us after delivering food. Probably wouldn't go out of my way again to eat here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lee, Florida, United States
“Large portions and melt in your mouth BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I went with a group of three women co-workers. Our waiter didn't like the way one of the ladies' chicken quarter looked on her plate so he gave her an additional leg qaurter. He then brought another lady additional ribs as he noticed she had not gotten as many as another customer. The BBQ was so juciy and tender. I had chicken and it was moist all the way through.The corn nuggets were good too and seemed to be home made.

Visited August 2013
Tampa
“Family owned and operated deliciousness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The BBQ was fantastic! I also enjoyed the chicken salad, potato salad, and the cole slaw! The gentleman who runs the place and cooks the food was great.

Visited June 2013
“Great lunch while in Chipley!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a lunch at this restaurant while in Chipley for a business meeting. Great pulled pork and fries. Also enjoyed the salad bar that was available at lunch time.

• Visited May 2013