“The best Catfish ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Boone, North Carolina
“The best Catfish ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went to Skins and Bubbas twice while we were in Chipley. I had to ask about the name! Two high school buddies ( those where their nicknames ) started cooking together and it stuck!

The food is excellent! Nothing fancy mind you. Just good food! The first night we ordered the ribeye. It was hand cut, about an inch thick and more than half of the plate. Very good! We saw someone with a catfish plate and went back to get it. Man! Now I'm a catfish lover... and this was the sweetest, crispiest, tenderest fried cat I've ever had.
Great service too!

I would highly recommend Skins and Bubba's to anyone looking for great food at good prices.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Zephyrhills, Florida
“Best Turkey Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We couldn't believe they smoked their own turkeys and their own ribs. We loved the service and the food. Portions were very generous, too.

Visited October 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“I miss Blitches but Bubba's will do!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I really loved Blitches when I travel on I-10 either east or west. Since it closed I've come to like BUbba's. the country buffet is good. The Bar B Q is great. Will continue to stop on my way to Ft. Walton/Destin and back to Jax.

Dothan, Alabama
“Surprisingly Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The first time I went to this place, I thought it was a "mom-and-pop" place and would be just so-so. Well, it is a "mom-and-pop" inasmuch as it is not a chain but I was surprised by the quality of the food and how attentive the wait staff was.

I've gone back there several times and the food, service and hospitality is consistently good. It's not surprising that the people are friendly; that's typical for Northwest Florida. If you are visiting this area, you'll find that to be normal.

But this restaurant stands above the norm...it's not impressive from the road, the inside is not awe inspiring but the food and people are.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chipley, Florida
“Been going for years”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

But, this place has slowly gone downhill. Last few visits....fries way overcooked. Ordered a burger cooked "medium" and it was way past well done. Not to mention way smaller than the bun. And to think, I used to come here specifically for the burger!! Won't be coming back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere