“This gem is a winner!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Chiefland
Lemont, Illinois
“This gem is a winner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

I had just come off a bad hotel experience the night before in another town, so wasn't expecting much when I passed through Chiefland. Wow, did this gem change my night. The staff was so much more than I could have ever expected. The manager and another desk clerk assisted me like I was royalty. The manager very pridefully told me about the newer bedding, and reminded me of the great breakfast spread they serve each morning at 6:30. When I thanked him, but mentioned I would unfortunately have to pass since I was leaving at 6:00, without hesitation he wrote a note to the night clerk informing her to have breakfast ready before 6:00. My room was very clean and comfortable...and the bedding was great. Even the bathroom was clean to my fussy standards. Room location was very nice, corner unit with parking right outside my door. Within 15 minutes of checking in the manager called to see if there was anything I needed and wished me a good stay. And the wi-fi signal was great, too. Reasonably priced, clean, exceptional service.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

We always stay here when visiting family, it is always fine, but this stay was exceptional! When I walked into the lobby to check in, it smelled and looked so clean, the girl at the counter was so nice even though she was working on Thanksgiving. The room was perfect, soft towels, bedding and paper products. (This really does matter.) It was clean, clean clean! In the morning for breakfast they had eggs, sausage, cinnamon rolls, cereal and numerous other items, everything was very good. The manager even came over to ask how everything was. What a nice touch to a perfect stay. Looking forward to next year.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — liked everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

My family & I stay here often as we are involved in the Community Theatre in town and live 35 miles away. I can't say enough about the staff, they are efficient (even the new girl) and very pleasent. A special thanks to Christina.

The rooms and facilities are clean and well maintaned. Comfy beds, nice towels & amenties. The breakfast was tasty with enough variety to please everyone.

They do book up on the weekends.

• Liked — Service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

We were in Florida and decided to stay here since it looked like the most decent in town. There was a Best Western in town but we stayed there last time and it was not kept up well (old and smelled bad). The room we got here was SUPER nice and way more than I expected at a reasonable rate. The breakfast was very fresh as well...Great hotel if visiting town or going to cedar key. Good beds, clean carpet, did not smell...the bathrooms look redone as well.

Stayed April 2008
Morris, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

Stayed here for one night and enjoyed the whole stay. Staff was great, room was very nice, bed comfortable and finished off with a good breakfast. They have a pool and jacuzzi, but the pool is not heated and I don't like cold water so gave it a pass. About a block away is BBQ Bill's which is a good local BBQ place at very reasonable prices. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on July 13,2007 on our honeymoon trip. My family had a wedding reception in Fanning Springs for us,so we decided to stay at this hotel. I got up around 4:00 am to use the restroom and turned the light on and the counter was covered with ROACHES. My husband went to the front desk the next morning and was ONLY given 10 percent off on the room. Then we returned home to North Carolina on Saturday July 14,2007 only to find ROACHES in our bags we took in the room. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN.

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2007

. We had two hotels to chose from and the other one (Best Western) did not get such good reviews. Holiday Inn Express told me on the phone that they had just replaced all the carpeting, bed linen, mattresses and towels and some furniture. It was excellent, the bed was soooo comfortable. A new type of bed linen was used, a nice white cotton sheet, with a duvae and a throw. No heavy, ugly bedspread to deal with. One problem was the room we were assigned was next to the swimming pool and under a staircase. That was kind of annoying and a bit noisy. You should always ask about noise and location of room. A good restaurant nearby is the AAA rated B BQ Bill's. We enjoyed the food there and the service was good. Just a local joint but a good value with good food.
We would stay there at Holiday Inn again if we go up that way. It is tricky to find because it is tucked behind a Sonic restaurant. The sign was hard to see but it is right on the major highway.
Anne11918, Leesburg, FL

• Liked — The bed, mattress and linen were so clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — The noise, highway noise and guest noise
  • Stayed April 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Chiefland? Share your experiences!