“old facility but good service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Des Moines, Iowa
“old facility but good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had to take a very early flight so we decided to find a hotel that is not expensive. We got this one from hotwire with a very good price, and then were worried about some bad reviews we saw on here. I do agree that the rooms look old (lobby is really nice though). But the room and beds were very clean. The linens looked worn out and must have been washed too many times, but again, they were pretty clean. The room was quite and comfortable. The front desk staff were very friendly,and really like to help if you need them. We didn't try their breakfast. The hotwire star rating is somehow misleading, this hotel may be less then 3 star, but you got what you paid for. I am pretty happy with my stay there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
gatekeeper45, Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are happy to hear that your room was clean and comfortable and you enjoyed the friendly helpful front desk staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Pensacola
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Room was misrepresented when making the reservation therefore was inadequate for number of people staying in the suite, only three towels were made available for seven individuals, three of the beds did not have covers and I had to ask for the room to be cleaned two of the three days of our stay. Over all not a good stay.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Your comments regarding your stay have been discussed with the Facilities Manager. The maximum number of guests that are able to stay in a Kids Kondo is 5 (2 Adults and 3 children) and the Deluxe 2 Queen bed room is 4 people.
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I've been to so many hotels before and I have to announce that Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration is "promoted" to the worst hotel I've never seen ever in my life.

This hotel is a real joke, the list is too long and includes the followings (moisture, very dirty beds, hairs in the bed and in the floor of the room at check in, asked a couple of times to change the linen but was never done until I raised my voice the 4th day, extreme noise outside, bed bugs like crazy.....)

I got this hotel via hotwire, but I can tell you that I will think a couple of times before using this website again.

Room Tip: I gave up after visiting two rooms... never ever
West Springfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

When you first walk in to the lobby it's really nice but that's it, once you go to the back it looks like they just don't care about the landscape. My first room was really dirty. I walked in and the floor wasn't vacuumed in who knows how long, the bed sheets were stained as well as the pillows too. I checked the bathroom and there was hair in the tub, the toilet had urine on the seat like a man used it and pissed all over the top. Everything I touched was dusty. I went back to the front lobby to get another room an the guy there all he had to say was that he was sorry like whatever deal with it. I had put a do not disturb sign on the door and that disappear from the door too. I saw a guy cleaning rooms one morning an he must of gone thru about 8 rooms in about half and hour, that not cleaning in my book. This is a very dirty and disgusting place to stay at so if you are reading this don't stay there!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014
LegacyHotels, Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. Unfortunately, the Housekeeping Department did not provide the services that we require of our staff; the Management Team does offer you our sincere apologies. To this end, your post has been copied and will be a "hot topice" for our Executive Housekeeper in the next meeting of his department. Once again, we do offer our apologies and we hope that his will not probibit you from selecting other Baymont Properties in future travels.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

First of all I booked this hotel though Hot Wires secret deal for what I thought was a 3 star hotel. obviously far from 3 stars and on this site the hotel recognizes only a 2.5 star rating. Many of the same review complaints I have read are true to this hotel which should be classified as Motel. Walls were thin, noises from other guests, traffic and parking lot were amplified. Exterior hallways and walkways could use attention. I liked the ploy to get you to the ticket/hotel concierge by sending you to the guy to issue you your parking pass with the "sales guy" offering a timeshare and such, what a bad/shady 1 star business practice. Made me think how the rest of my visit was going to be. I contacted Hot Wire since I booked this hotel through them, they did offer something, but not what I had asked to resolve my concerns. I don't even want to deal with the hotel, as what could they offer me? another night stay at a 2.5 star hotel? Not Sorry to gripe on here, but watch out for deceptive star rating from this hotel and Hot Wire. I will not and would not stay at this hotel again even if it was free...As for they reviewer saying "Not too bad" I hope you got one heck of a rate...

Room Tip: If your looking for a cheap 2 star hotel, this is your place. Don't pay more than $40 bucks as t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Each booking agent establishes it's own star rating for each hotel they market; and unfortuanely, you do not agree with our star rating with HOTWIRE. In our last review from HOTWIRE, over 83% of the guest did agree that the hotel was a 3 Star Property. We are sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations and wish your future travels are more enjoyable. Thank you for your observations.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd time at this place. I like it but the continental breakfast is a mad house and annoying. I'm not waiting in line for half an hour for a bagel. The location is decent and the rooms are comfy. The lobby is beautiful I must say. Not bad at all.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration. It is nice to hear that you find our rooms "comfy" and the lobby "beautiful". You are correct, the Baymont Breakfast Corner can become very active in the morning, and unfortunately more guests arrive at the same time to enjoy this amenity. We do hope you return to our hotel on future visits to this neighborhood.
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed over New Year's eve for 3 nights as our base camp for Universal Studios. Previous reviews were a little hit or miss, but we're not too picky, so we opted to give it a try. Driving up it looks great....lobby is nice, driveway nice....but then you go and park around back and you can see that its kind of like a facade. Too cold for us to use the pool, so we can't comment on that. Elevators are creaky, old, seem a little dangerous, and the lighting at each landing didn't seem to work, so we stepped off into darkness. Its like a motel, you walk on outdoor walkways to your room, and it unnerved me to step out into a poorly lit area where there is no security. Anyone can walk up the stairs or go in the elevator from the street.
Our room was alright...no sign of cockroaches for us, thank goodness, but we were on the 4th floor. Beds were fine, clean linens, bathroom old and not spic and span (hairs on the shower walls, etc), but we thought we were paying $79 a night, so we didn't expect too much.
Doors are thin!!! you can hear everyone walking/rolling suitcases down the walkway, or even talking...but we had a pretty quiet section so no problem for us.
Breakfast is pretty crappy - toaster waffles, donuts, cinnamon buns, bread, raisin bran, froot loops, rice crispies, and packaged oatmeal for choices. That's it. Bring your own brown sugar. We managed, but it was not up to the free breakfasts we usually get (eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc).
Our only real complaint is that we were told it was $79 a night....but they don't tell you about the $5 'service fee' (for what?? they couldn't say...) and the $15 tax (which is higher than regular tax rates..maybe that's normal for hotels???) for each night....so all of a sudden we're paying $99 a night. For that, i would have gone to a better quality hotel.
Overall, you can certainly pass a couple of nights here, but if you are looking to have a really great and memorable family vacation - shell out an extra $20 a night and get something nicer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration? Share your experiences!