“I loved the hotel, but HATED the shuttle service and location!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Inn & Suites

You added Westgate Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Westgate Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9200 West Irlo Bronson Highway, Celebration, FL 34714 (Formerly Ramada Inn Orlando Westgate)   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“I loved the hotel, but HATED the shuttle service and location!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I went Aug 15-21 with just my 5 year old daughter. When I arrived I was told that the shuttle has moved their scheduled time from 9:50 to 7:15. This is the only shuttle to the parks. Not happy! Went to the room and was very satisfied with the room itself. There is a nice frig and microwave. I packed a suitcase full of large smart water bottles and was able to fill the frig up and keep them cold for my trip to the park everyday. I ordered a pizza the first night and kept the leftovers in the frig and we used the mic to heat it up. First night was spent in the pool. And god is it a nice pool. Deep, warm clean. We loved it, had a lot of fun. We woke up early and had only 15 minutes to get breakfast cause it starts at 7. Grabbed the food and took it on the shuttle. It made several other stops and we were at Magic Kingdom by 8:30. The shuttle didn't pick us up until 10:15 at night. My daughter was beyond exhausted so I asked the hotel staff to arrange taxi service for the following day. It cost me $23 each way (Julia's taxi - nice staff). I had them pick us up at 8 that night, so it cost $46. Sucked to spend the extra $$ but that day it was worth it, we would have been way too exhausted. Also, they dropped us off at the Boardwalk, and told me to take the Disney shuttle to Hollywood Studio's. Only problem is there was none, I found out 40 minutes later that I had to take the ferry over. It took me 2 hours from the time the taxi dropped me off to actually get in the park. FYI: If you need anything at all, ask HAROLD. He was incredibly nice, helpful. Loved him, would stay again just because he went out of his way to accommodate me. Wonderful man! Next day we took the 7:15 shuttle again. We went back to Magic Kingdom the next day and I had her portrait drawn, so beautiful. Well, when we got on the shuttle, it was nearly full, ever seat full, with standers (before our stop) so I got on and the people behind me were pushing to get in and pushed me into the seat handle in front of me and cracked my daughter's picture frame, it shattered!!! Thursday I took a taxi one way, too tired, took the shuttle back. You can easily catch the monrail to epcot. Friday, I totally slept through my alarm, and was almost broke, so we took the bus. Harold helped me figure out how to do it. There is a stop right in front of the hotel, it cost me $2, free for her, and they gave me a transfer, (you have to taxi the 55 to 56 and switch to get to Disney). Took an hour to get there. Worth it though we slept in. Best advice, Friday I realized there was a 7/11 across the street. They had hoagies for $4. Whole hoagies. I bought 2 and a bag of chips. Put it in my cooler (you are allowed to take food and drinks in the parks). We split it for lunch and dinner, saved me a ton of money that day. Would have done it earlier had I realized how expensive food was going to be. I spent approx $50 a day on food, even though I brought in 5 large water bottles and snacks). Last day I missed the shuttle, I actually got there and it pulled away right in front of me and I ran to the street with my little girl and it wouldn't stop. A different shuttle said they would drop me off. So final advice. The room was definitely suffice, hotel was clean, loved the pool. But HATED the shuttle. If I were to do it again, I would go with a closer hotel to avoid the headache and pressure associated with catching the shuttle. 7:15 sucked and it was crammed. If you stay here, get your own car or take the bus. Don't do the shuttle, it was awful!! So regretfully so, I have to not recommend it due to the shuttle.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Montgomery, AL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

The "free high speed internet" is a joke. It went down more often than a $3.00 lady of the evening.

I would say that 95% of the time I could not connect to the Internet.

The rooms are decently clean but the one we were in needed an in-depth cleaning ... toenail clippings behind the end tables, old chip wrappers behind the couch, trash behind the micro-fridge, etc. Stuff that wouldn't normally be caught in a general cleaning but based on appearances the room had not had an in-depth cleaning.

The bed was okay. I did love the pillows - fairly flat ... I hate fluffy pillows - really, I prefer flat pillows.

The cable is a basic package ... no SCYFY, BBC America, etc.

The pool area is locked between 11pm and 8am.

I should have stayed at a Comfort Suites or a Days Inn or a Super 8.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

When I went to choose hotels for my weekend vacation in Orlando I had many options but I chose the West Gate Inn and Suites because all the great things it offered online. For example, they said it was close to the parks and they offered deluxe room with a king size bed, also a deluxe continental breakfast all of this for the price of only ~$49 per night. I thought it was good for the price, but when I got there nothing was what I was expecting. To start, they charged me $5 as soon as I got there; they said it was a hotel fee that wasn’t included in the online reservation. They also charged me $5 more per day for a king size bed, which they said was included in the original price. The room was clean but they were old, they had bad smell and it was very humid inside the hotel. The cafeteria was dark and deluxe breakfast wasn’t at all deluxe; it was just coffee and doughnuts. In conclusion I wouldn’t recommend it to anybody; it doesn’t even deserve one star. They should demolish it and build it again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

This motel is not worth it. The "Disney Shuttle" runs at 7:30 am and 11 am by bus drivers that do not speak English in old, rundown buses.. This motel is first on the route and it takes over an hour to arrive at Disney. If you get a room on the back of the hotel it faces an overgrown lot, a trailer park, and a half painted Days Inn. The breakfast consists of toast, bagels, microwave pancakes, muffins, and assorted danish that all sit there 24 hrs a day. The pool is not heated and ice cold. If you stay without a car there are no near by restaurants, you can order pizza though.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Rooms very clean.Swimming pool excellent.Not very good location other than for Disney etc.Best to hire a car as taxis are expensive.Breakfast utterly awful so should be avoided, best to get a take away from the 7/11 across the road.Walmart about 3 miles away which is a $6 taxi fare.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Llanelli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

the staff were friendly and helpful and my room [groundfloor poolside]was clean and comfortable
it was cleaned daily by a lovely lady
not luxurious but perfectly adequate
breakfast simple but ok lno other meals so we got takeaway delivered but a couple of restaurants nearby or a short drive\taxi away
there was a bar with friendly staff and locals i had a ball and was very sad to leave
even though it was further out than i expected the shuttle was comfortable n reliable i did hire a car in the end just so we could come and go as we pleased and the staff and locals were very helpful with directions
the pool was clean not too big but we some fun there on the days when we weren't at some park and was open 9am -11pm with a fun bbq every saturday cooked by 1 of the locals Al if you stay here tell him Sara recommended the burgers .
i will go back as i want to see all the lovely friends i made
i cried when i left

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

I booked the hotel based on it being reasonable and having exactly what I wanted... It had free wireless, a fridge/micro in the room, a nice pool, a grill for the guests to use, picnic area, and a continental breakfast. And for $40/night--it surpassed my expectations!

The wireless was reliable. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean (and the cleaning staff so scrupulously honest--they didn't even take the tips I left out for them!). The pool was clean and the perfect temperature. The grill/picnic area was great and the micro/fridge worked just fine.

The only request I would have had was a few non-bread/cereal based items for the breakfast....BUT the breakfast options were plentiful and hey--it's FREE!!

I was leery originally about booking this hotel but it turned out to be an excellent surprise! And best of all--it was family friendly (I have a 13 yr old) and relatively quiet compared to the zoo-like quality the rest of Orlando has. A nice retreat at the end of a busy day!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Westgate Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!