“I should not have listened to the reviews” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Eustis, Florida
“I should not have listened to the reviews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Based on the mostly good reviews of this hotel my wife and I stayed there for the 4th of July weekend. What a mistake. The location is good and the fire works were wonderful but nothing was good about the hotel. The room smelled of mold and the air con is very noisy. The beds are hard and uncomfortable. The bar and fod prices are too high for what you get and the 20% service charge is outrageous as is there no service here. We waited for over 30 minutes to get our check. The 4th of July dinner was mediocre at best with food that was overcooked and bland. The fire works on the terrace were great except they did not deal with the crowd control so many people attended the event hat should not have been there making it crowded. The next morning we waited over 30 minutes in the lobby area for breakfast and finally out of frustration got up and left. It's too bad as this could be a nice destination - but currently it is inot.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
CelebrationGM, General Manager at Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. It is our intention to provide the best possible experience for each of our guests. In your case, it seems that we fell short of our goal. This is a very popular weekend in the town of Celebration and attracts nearly 20,000 visitors annually. We have received many very positive comments from other guests regarding the event and their stay. We value your comments and will continue to strive to improve our services. It is important to us that all of our guests are ultimately satisfied. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel to show you that your comments have been taken to heart and that your experience was not typical.

Best Regards,
Jon Wubbena, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I am a Disney junkie. I go at least several times a year, and usually bring various family members with me. We love to stay at the Yacht and Beach Club, Grand Floridian or Contemporary. We found out about the Bohemian Hotel Celebration when they became affiliated with Marriott (not owned by them, however). It was described as a "Boutique" hotel, and looked and sounded interesting. It's in the town of Celebration, which is the 'perfect town' meeting all Disney standards.
It was so peaceful to be away from the crowds of Disney! The hotel is quiet, the rooms are very elegant, and it's only minutes from Disney. It really has the feel of a quaint, intimate resort. We didn't eat at the hotel, but there are 7 restaurants within minutes of the hotel. We enjoyed a nice drink at the lobby bar each night. Aida, our bartender, was so sweet and friendly. Definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

We actually ended up here by accident, the hotel we had booked was overbooked. From the minute we arrived the stay was a pleasure, Phil the Valet/Bellman was one of the best customer service people we have had the privilege of meeting in a while. I truly cant say enough about the beautiful room, the staff or the town of Celebration, we will be returning.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

The Celebration Hotel is the perfect intimate hotel within minutes of Disney, but in a quiet, picturesque village with a variety of delicious dining options just steps away. It was especially nice to walk to dinner, from incredible Chinese to Spanish to Italian. Our beautiful room opened on to a lovely lake with wildlife right outside. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There are lovely biking and jogging trails to enjoy and the lobby bar is beautiful - I have recommended Celebration to several friends and plan to return again next year.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

Stayed for a week in March 2009 and a deal that included breakfast and valet parking.

Located by the lake in Celebration it is in an ideal location. We loved being able to step outside the hotel and just walk around the lake or visit the many amenities of Celebration.

We had a large corner room overlooking the lake and it was beautifully furnished and clean.

Breakfast was wonderful and the staff courteous and helpful.

There is plenty of on street parking so we hardly used the valet service even though we had free vouchers.

We will definately stay here again next time we are in central Florida.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

Upon arrival I was really impressed. So much better than the other hotels in the area, Really no comparison, but its a "boutique" hotel so I was expecting something special. I will say when I arrived into the hotel I was somewhat confused because the check in area is in the same area as one of the dining areas, however they had a greeter there who escorted me to the "front desk" (they are sitting at desks) The check in process was very smooth, and they mentioned they had just partnered with Marriott. (love that cause Im a points junkie) I do not have status level with Marriott, but the check in agent treated me like I was one of their elite members. The GM, I think his name was Jon, gave me a really warm and sincere welcome to his hotel. Very nice when you see the managers getting personally involved with the guest.

The rooms are exceeding par for a 4 star hotel. There is a resort fee, which I see all the time. But honestly its very fair. You get bottled water, transportation around town, a bucket of balls at a great golf course, and for me the biggest thing is Internet! Most hotels I stay in charge at least 15 bucks alone a day for Internet.

I ate many times at their restaurant and had room service. Definitely 5 star service. Try the lamb.

Overall definitely a big thumbs up! I had some time to goto Disney and its only about 10mins away. The staff seemed to know all the secrets of Disney if that is your thing. Otherwise the town of Celebration is really a great place to be. Overall highly recommended if you want to be in the Orlando area or doing the Disney thing, and doing that thing in luxury and style.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

From the moment I stepped inside the hotel I felt right away I could have my wedding here. And made me more convinced right after I met Ms. Melissa Jones the Catering Sales Manager, very pleasant, efficient, professional and always have a warm welcome and great smile. I told her what I just needed and what I want for my wedding she got it right away, offered a perfect package that took care of everything from wedding coordinator to florist, violinist, photographer, Officiate of the ceremony and catering. She executed the package and my requests really good, the way we expected. My wedding day was so elegant, clean, so smooth, everything was well coordinated, During cocktail hour and reception, servers gave us great service, very attentive. Food was great, lamb and filet were perfectly cooked. Most of everyone loves the cake especially my husband!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!